Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
grth2004

Broadband Dongles

Im about to move house and the only way im going to be able to get the internet is through a dongle . Just been looking at contracts and looking at the biggest monthly download allowance which is 15gb , and was wondering is anyone else using a dongle as i could do with some recommendations.

... some dongle coverage is just appalling.

I agree with this. I looked at one previously but didn't bother beacuse of the coverage and all that.

I'm not sure if the PCI one's are better either.

I agree with this. I looked at one previously but didn't bother beacuse of the coverage and all that.

I'm not sure if the PCI one's are better either.

Ended up buying one from tesco , its on the three network and cost £20 with 1GB allready pre loaded . So far its worked much better than i expected and coverage is great here (coalville area) i have full signal all the time , downside is though can only really surf the net as videos take too much data

• 1 month later...

I was looking at purchasing either a dongle or PCI network card for my current stand a lone system which is upstairs (the router is downstairs).

Which is better to buy, and will the coverage be any good?

I was looking at purchasing either a dongle or PCI network card for my current stand a lone system which is upstairs (the router is downstairs).

Which is better to buy, and will the coverage be any good?

Hows about just an internal wireless card?

I think I looked and fancied one of them. PCI slot? They are only about £7 as well.

That would probably be better than a USB dongle because it wouldn't get knocked. My only problem lies within whether the distance will be fine.

I think I looked and fancied one of them. PCI slot? They are only about £7 as well.

That would probably be better than a USB dongle because it wouldn't get knocked. My only problem lies within whether the distance will be fine.

They're about £20

Got a wireless PCI card today. Brought it from eBay on Sunday.

Connnected my standalone system to the internet and it works fine. In fact, thats how I'm typing now :thumbup:

Good range as well, I'd recommend one of these.

Archived