Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

XBOX 360 - RROD

Hi all. Anyone got any experience dealing with this? My Xbox has finally died on me. I'm pretty rubbish at electrics etc - but I'm trying the towel trick again, was unsuccessful yesterday.

Any ideas? Can confirm its the three red flashing lights. Power supply is fine, this is definitely the console itself.

Hi all. Anyone got any experience dealing with this? My Xbox has finally died on me. I'm pretty rubbish at electrics etc - but I'm trying the towel trick again, was unsuccessful yesterday.

Any ideas? Can confirm its the three red flashing lights. Power supply is fine, this is definitely the console itself.

Mrs away for the weekend?

How long have you had it for? If it's less than 3 years you can send it off free of charge and it takes about 10days to come back.

I've had it longer mate. Much longer. I've also had it chipped so can't really go the MS option.

Anyone fixed their own?

Mrs away for the weekend?

Mrs is still actually sleeping mate. I get up really early most weekends. I have no idea why. I've done my gardening, watched some history programmes I recorded, painted some hanging basket hangers and now if my xbox won't work soon and let me play pirated games, I'm going to have to wash my car.

The towel method makes it worse in the long term

Mate, the xbox doesn't work at the moment, how can it get worse in the long term? Will it grow to resent me and smother me with a towel in the night?

I do wish someone had told me. I shan't sleep tonight. And I'm throwing all the towels out.

Mate, the xbox doesn't work at the moment, how can it get worse in the long term? Will it grow to resent me and smother me with a towel in the night?

I do wish someone had told me. I shan't sleep tonight. And I'm throwing all the towels out.

Good point :frusty:

Didn't see the bit about it having a chip

There are people who can repair it for you, They will replace the mother board or whatever and use thermal paste on it. I sent mine off a while back because it had rrod. Got it back and 3 months later it died again. Mine was chipped also.

Ended up buying a new one with 3 years warranty. They are relatively cheap now with just a basic console.

Archived