Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haydos

Girl banned from cup final because........

Harsh.

But rules are rules. Just imagine if she got her leg broke by a lad.

Seem to have to managed ok at not getting a her leg broken for the past few years in Scotland.

What made me laugh was there was an interview with a woman from the FA saying the research shows there is little interest in girls about the age of about 12 wanting to play football with boys. So if they changed the rules it would hardly make any difference, and would only help a few. So why not change the rules, it's not like doing so is going to mean 1000's of girls are gonna start playing alongside boys.

Harsh.

But rules are rules. Just imagine if she got her leg broke by a lad.

Is she more likely to? If a 13 year old puts in a leg breaking challenge I wouldn't have thought gender would make a difference. Health and safety wrapping people in cotton wool again? :dunno: It would be nice for her to make the decision for herself.

I think I'm more bugged by the fact that the final is being played in England after she's played all the other matches for her team in Scotland and now she has to sit out. The rules aren't really an issue for me, just the situation. They must have known this at the start though anyhow.

Seem to have to managed ok at not getting a her leg broken for the past few years in Scotland.

What made me laugh was there was an interview with a woman from the FA saying the research shows there is little interest in girls about the age of about 12 wanting to play football with boys. So if they changed the rules it would hardly make any difference, and would only help a few. So why not change the rules, it's not like doing so is going to mean 1000's of girls are gonna start playing alongside boys.

This is similar to how I feel. If the odd girl is good enough to play with lads then why not let her?

I'm not sure what i think :P

It's only fair. Most average men could probably play in the Women's Premier League and play out their dream of becoming professional footballers lol If a 13 year old boy was banned from playing in a girls competition, it wouldn't even make the news.

She should make her name and become a star in playing in the women's section.

It's only fair. Most average men could probably play in the Women's Premier League and play out their dream of becoming professional footballers lol If a 13 year old boy was banned from playing in a girls competition, it wouldn't even make the news.

Not sure quite how fair that is.

Is she more likely to? If a 13 year old puts in a leg breaking challenge I wouldn't have thought gender would make a difference. Health and safety wrapping people in cotton wool again? :dunno: It would be nice for her to make the decision for herself.

I think I'm more bugged by the fact that the final is being played in England after she's played all the other matches for her team in Scotland and now she has to sit out. The rules aren't really an issue for me, just the situation. They must have known this at the start though anyhow.

I don't know. The rule sucks, but I think you're right, it's health and safety gone mad.

It's only fair. Most average men could probably play in the Women's Premier League and play out their dream of becoming professional footballers lolIf a 13 year old boy was banned from playing in a girls competition, it wouldn't even make the news.

This is irrelevant. Boys football is a better standard and she's good enough to play it. It wouldn't be fair to let a boy play in a girls team.

Not sure quite how fair that is.

Most who aren't playing for their national teams are really, really awful.

This is irrelevant. Boys football is a better standard and she's good enough to play it. It wouldn't be fair to let a boy play in a girls team.

Totally contradictory there! Why is boys a better standard? The worst male players can't play in the female leagues.

Totally contradictory there! Why is boys a better standard? The worst male players can't play in the female leagues.

What do you mean?

I meant that boys wouldn't be allowed to play in a girls team because they might be better and it could be unfair.

The rule about girls not playing in boys teams is probably there so they don't get hurt, not because some girls might be better than the lads.

I'm not even sure what my point is any more lol

Also boys football is better. Unarguably.

Stupid, the best players should be able to play. I can only hope that one day we will see a woman in the premier league.

I agree in principle, if they're good enough, let them play to their standard. Simple matter is though that a female player probably couldn't get it in league 2 let alone the prem.

It's wrong that they're not letting her play in the final despite her being able to play in the rounds that led to the final. Either don't let them play with boys at all, or let them play and don't change the rules during a season, especially in maybe their most important match of the season?!

It's wrong that they're not letting her play in the final despite her being able to play in the rounds that led to the final. Either don't let them play with boys at all, or let them play and don't change the rules during a season, especially in maybe their most important match of the season?!

It's not that clear cut. Like it says, she appears to have played all the games under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA, she's only not allowed to play because the final is played within England.

I agree in principle, if they're good enough, let them play to their standard. Simple matter is though that a female player probably couldn't get it in league 2 let alone the prem.

Agreed...sadly however, as this appears to show, they wont get the opportunity to prove otherwise.

Archived