Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Assassin's Creed Revelations

Thought the first one was good, the second... meh... lost interest half way through the game. It looks stunning visually but for me the gameplay isn't worth it.

Opposite for me. Didn't like the first, but loved the second. Yet to play brotherhood though.

Opposite for me. Didn't like the first, but loved the second. Yet to play brotherhood though.

Close your eyes, think of the first and second, play them together at one time and you have brotherhood.

Assassin's Creed has had more than its share of plot twists and turns, but according to a recent Game Informer interview with series creative director Alexandre Amancio, Assassin's Creed: Revelations is set to close off the loose ends on the story of Ezio and Altair.

"This game is where we're setting the record straight," said Amancio. "We're closing all the loops that have been started, [those] that have been left in suspense. And we're going to reveal not only a lot of stuff about the first civilization plotline, but we're also going to conclude the Ezio and Altair storylines."

Expect more info on this June 6 which coincides with E3 running June 6 through 9.

Get on with it! You will love it. Superb game.

I've completed all three of them so far. By the sounds of it this is another 'in between' one like Brotherhood was. It's a bit annoying because it was originally going to be a 3-game series and this is now the fourth so there's going to be at least five in total. I just hope they don't start milking it more than they already have because so far they've all been great games.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks to have picked up a couple of slightly below expected reviews, formula's getting old and they've put a a few extra bits in that are just crap and the game would have been better off without them apparently.

Still buy it obviously. Sure it'll be decent, seems the churn a game out every year for the money formula could be the way forward for the AC series from now on and that would be a massive shame as it'll just end up like COD.

Looks to have picked up a couple of slightly below expected reviews, formula's getting old and they've put a a few extra bits in that are just crap and the game would have been better off without them apparently.

Still buy it obviously. Sure it'll be decent, seems the churn a game out every year for the money formula could be the way forward for the AC series from now on and that would be a massive shame as it'll just end up like COD.

The problem with reviewers is their consistency. I hope AC doesn't end up like COD, but COD has been the same now for the past 4 years, it hasn't changed, it's the same year in year out, and yet it doesn't get less than 8/10.

AC on the other hand gets sub 8/10 reviews for being repetitive and old.

Anyone who doesn't like AC up until this point won't like it anyway, and anyone who had the other 3, will get it regardless of what is said.

This makes the reviews meaningless, we all know what we're going to get out of this one, so they should go and criticise something else instead.

The problem with reviewers is their consistency. I hope AC doesn't end up like COD, but COD has been the same now for the past 4 years, it hasn't changed, it's the same year in year out, and yet it doesn't get less than 8/10.

AC on the other hand gets sub 8/10 reviews for being repetitive and old.

Anyone who doesn't like AC up until this point won't like it anyway, and anyone who had the other 3, will get it regardless of what is said.

This makes the reviews meaningless, we all know what we're going to get out of this one, so they should go and criticise something else instead.

To be fair to COD it doesn't ever add anything in that has made the core gameplay worse and apparently ubisoft have actually added things into this game that have changed it for the worse. The 1st person desmond sections and tower defence are suppose to be utter ball bags. Obviously will reserve judgement, I stick by the fact that they shouldn't aim to get a game out every year at the expense of quality.

On a totally unrelated note just been to buy this and my chip and pin has frustratingly packed up completley meaning I have no way of getting the money together!

ive played this for an hour and im bored already... nothing new at all. The game hasn't evolved since the first one, the 2nd was ok but more of the same. this is just a lazy follow on. not gonna finish it as i cant be bothered. Assassins creed 3 = Assassins Creed 1.3

Ah well. It's £32.99 in Sainsburys but I resisted the temptation as I know that having three titles on the go will mean one of them won't get finished. However, Dark Souls and Skyrim could take an age and not get finished...

Will wait for a bit on this one but will definately get it as I am a fan of the AC series.

This one isn't number three though. It's number four.

AC

AC2

AC: Brotherhood

AC: Revelations

:thumbup:

• 4 months later...

I picked it up a couple of weeks ago as it's priced at 17.99 in Sainsbury's.

I don't know what it is but I just cannot get into this one at all. Maybe it's the location, similar gameplay that is beginning to bore, whatever, it just doesn't feel right at all.

Anyone finished it?

I picked it up a couple of weeks ago as it's priced at 17.99 in Sainsbury's.

I don't know what it is but I just cannot get into this one at all. Maybe it's the location, similar gameplay that is beginning to bore, whatever, it just doesn't feel right at all.

Anyone finished it?

Yeah had exactly the same problem with it, stale as anything, Desmond sections are terrible, gets a bit better as you go on but not by much and I think it is techically shorter than II or Brotherhood, here's hoping the next one brings a lof of fresh things to the table as it's desperatley needed.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I am finally through with this one.

Everything in the game based around Constantinople (apart from the boat escape section) I just couldn't get into at all. The rest of the game was great though - collecting the keys, the Altair sections, the section out on that island, all good.

And the ending was superb. Bioware take note, that's how you do an ending...lol

Roll on AC3... :thumbup:

Archived