Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinhio

Xbox Fault - advice

Hi guys,

I am getting the E-74 error relating to my grpahics cards. Have so far been abe to temporarily fix this using "the towel trick", basically covering the Xbox with towels until it becomes so hot it somehow reactivates the processor (apparently).

Anyway, I have just completed LA NOIRE, it was a nightmare during this as the problem makes green lines come across the screen matrix styley.

Some people have said it is possible to fix using the penny trick? Has anyone had this and managed to fix it, I am only really playing FIFA at the moment and touch wood the picture seems ok.

The towel trick is crazy, it has fixed my xbox for periods ranging from 1 day to 3 weeks.

Hi guys,

I am getting the E-74 error relating to my grpahics cards. Have so far been abe to temporarily fix this using "the towel trick", basically covering the Xbox with towels until it becomes so hot it somehow reactivates the processor (apparently).

Anyway, I have just completed LA NOIRE, it was a nightmare during this as the problem makes green lines come across the screen matrix styley.

Some people have said it is possible to fix using the penny trick? Has anyone had this and managed to fix it, I am only really playing FIFA at the moment and touch wood the picture seems ok.

The towel trick is crazy, it has fixed my xbox for periods ranging from 1 day to 3 weeks.

I wouldn't keep using the towel mate, could completely destroy the components inside, surprised with the amount you've done it it hasn't already. How long have you have it? If you check the Xbox site I think it covers faults like yours for 3 years.

Maybes done the penny trick, does work but will just burn out your resistors.

IF you xbox is less than a year old when you brought it from a shop you can take it back to the shop and by law THEY HAVE to replace it for free. I did this with mine with help from finners :)

Another option. Go to youtube, search xbox rrod and find the disk tray, sync button fix - don't know how long it last for but the tutorials on youtube. Probably does the same to the resistors.

Got the Xbox at the end of 2007 so I guess I may just have to replace it. Done the towel trick about 10 times now and it suprises me everytime that it comes back on. The picture quality is bad though, you can see vertical lines on the screen.

Archived