Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Google redirect virus

hehe...Hmm :ph34r: DB11 knows a little too much about my computer lol.. yes, as a matter of fact i do have Mcafee.

Haha :P I only asked because it's a known problem that is caused by McAfee conflicting with the latest version of Windows 7.

See Link: http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101228 - this also has details on how to prevent it happening again until McAfee release an update.

Haha :P I only asked because it's a known problem that is caused by McAfee conflicting with the latest version of Windows 7.

See Link: http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101228 - this also has details on how to prevent it happening again until McAfee release an update.

cheers mate your a legend, hadnt seen this anywhere. :thumbup:

Oh, one other thing, if you dont mind. Id appreciate your thoughts on the best Antivirus/security software as im about to update. Bearing in mind my computer has been known to find its way to torrent sites and any number of unsavoury locations so a good defence is a wonderful thing. Ive been using Mcafee for a couple of years and reasonably happy with it.

Appreciate your thoughts, cheers

Oh, one other thing, if you dont mind. Id appreciate your thoughts on the best Antivirus/security software as im about to update. Bearing in mind my computer has been known to find its way to torrent sites and any number of unsavoury locations so a good defence is a wonderful thing. Ive been using Mcafee for a couple of years and reasonably happy with it.

Appreciate your thoughts, cheers

If it aint broke, don't fix it :thumbup: If you're happy with McAfee, then by all means stick with it. I personally use AVG because it's free and, if I do get a virus, I am more than capable of removing it pretty soonish.

If you wanted to change, then Norton is pretty good, although it does use quite a lot of resources (though to be fair to them it's getting better), but it depends how fast your machine is. Unless it's pretty quick then Norton would probably slow your machine down compared to what you're used to.

So yes, I have sat on the fence very much so, so I don't know if that is any help to you! :P

If it aint broke, don't fix it :thumbup: If you're happy with McAfee, then by all means stick with it. I personally use AVG because it's free and, if I do get a virus, I am more than capable of removing it pretty soonish.

If you wanted to change, then Norton is pretty good, although it does use quite a lot of resources (though to be fair to them it's getting better), but it depends how fast your machine is. Unless it's pretty quick then Norton would probably slow your machine down compared to what you're used to.

So yes, I have sat on the fence very much so, so I don't know if that is any help to you! :P

:thumbup: thanks mate, will stick with Mcafee, had norton in the past and despise how much it slows down and infiltrates.

Yes I had it. It was a bugger, and it used to direct me to Asian dating websites more than anything else.

Anyway, I got rid of it by formatting my hard drive.

Best of luck.

Was that your Asian date or the re-directing thing.

I also had the re-direct thing a while back, so it's not a new thing. There is plenty of assistance on the web for what to do - think I also ran Marlyware Bytes or similar to remove it.

Was that your Asian date or the re-directing thing.

It got rid of the re-direct and Asian dating (which I was getting re-directed via the re-direct virus) because formatting the hard drive wipes everything so I started over.

I think i had this virus the other day

Well i had one that shut down all my anti virus software and told me i had critical errors on my hard-drive and i needed to upgrade to a thing called Vista Recovery or something like that.. I just simply went into safe mode and did a system restore and everything is ok now

I had a similar problem about a month ago aswell, that one tho was called Microsoft Secrurity Essentials (think that's what it was called), doing more or less the same as i said up top and i had to do system restore

What i don't get is why isn't McAfee picking this up????

Archived