Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
millzi

Can the Aussies of FT help me please

I really need help with what is the best internet provider to go for when we move to our own house in 2 weeks. Running off the internet will be 2 laptops and an xbox. I'm lost when it comes to all the data rubbish and really don't know.

On average I will download around 10 songs a week and say 1 movie a week also. We don't want to spend any more than $50 a month really and we will be living in the Point Cook area/Western Melbourne. We want quite a speedy internet for us all to run off at the same time.

Any help would be much appreciated, if you need to know any more just ask, because I know I have described this in the worst way possible!

Thank you.

I really need help with what is the best internet provider to go for when we move to our own house in 2 weeks. Running off the internet will be 2 laptops and an xbox. I'm lost when it comes to all the data rubbish and really don't know.

On average I will download around 10 songs a week and say 1 movie a week also. We don't want to spend any more than $50 a month really and we will be living in the Point Cook area/Western Melbourne. We want quite a speedy internet for us all to run off at the same time.

Any help would be much appreciated, if you need to know any more just ask, because I know I have described this in the worst way possible!

Thank you.

Hey mate, first of all good luck, The internet in Oz.. is a long way behind the UK.

In the past the best provider (including good prices) for us has been iinet,

Telstra are the eqivalent to BT, eg they are crooks :)

Optus are good providers.

there is a very good internet website HERE its a bit nerdy, but has a good deal of info, including a comparison.

all the best

EDIT* By the way, internet is charged by the Gb download in OZ, as opposed to the unlimited you have in the UK, so you will choose how much you want to down load each month and need to fit under that cap (generally if you go over your limit, your speed will be "shaped" reduced back to dial up.

Speeds are generally MUCH slower then UK.

when downloading movies and big files etc, i would alwaays set them to down load on an "off peak" (usually 2am - 8am) as they usually offer extra downlaods off peak.

Archived