Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcadam

Help...

Okay I went to use my brother's PS3 this morning and a lovely little message saying "The file system is corrupt. It will be restored" popped up with no way to get past it other than to allow the restore to take place. However every time the progress bar gets to 100% it just restarts and the same message appears.

I've tried doing the restore in Safe Mode but to no avail.

Basically I've accepted that the hard drive is ****ed and it's gonna need a new one, but I was just wondering whether there was any way in which I could rescue his data for him (gamesaves etc)? I know it's unlikely but thought it was worth asking...

Guest Mee-9

:crylaugh:

What he doesn't know, won't hurt him :thumbup:

Exactly ;)

You let him find out. Then he'll think he's done something wrong.

Exactly ;)

You let him find out. Then he'll think he's done something wrong.

Haha well knowing my brother that's probably a good plan!

But to be fair I never actually managed to get to play on it, the message was the first thing I saw when I turned it on (suggesting he turned it off whilst it was saving or something last night).

A whole day bumming around the house with no FIFA, and I was only about two games away from completing my season with City by getting 3rd place :(

Contact Sony. Something like this happened to one of my mates at college, and, Sony sent him a replacement PS3 for free!

Anyhow, my PS3 is doing that system update -- it gets to 5% then says 'connection error, p**s off'' or something along those lines. It happens every time, and it takes 10 minutes to get to 1%.

• 2 weeks later...

But compared to Xbox, we don't have to pay to go online.

This is the biggest factor for me.

You pay for the quality of online content on the Xbox though, I've had both and I must say I prefer the Xbox and I'm happy to pay for the Xbox Live because I know you get so much more online and the level of online gaming is so much higher.

You pay for the quality of online content on the Xbox though, I've had both and I must say I prefer the Xbox and I'm happy to pay for the Xbox Live because I know you get so much more online and the level of online gaming is so much higher.

As long as I can play Fifa online, and play ultimate team then thats that.

I don't go on all these games, I only use Fifa.

As long as I can play Fifa online, and play ultimate team then thats that.

I don't go on all these games, I only use Fifa.

Yeah I was more referring to the likes of CoD and Battlefield, those kind of games.

barring gettting map packs first what is different?

And battlefield is much better quality on PC :thumbup:

The level of competitive gaming is much higher, although I don't do all the gamebattles and shit anymore but that side of it is much better quality on Xbox :thumbup:

Archived