Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

iTunes Help?

Hello.

My girlfriend recently brought a new laptop for her college course. Her brother uses the laptop and they are planning on getting rid of the normal pc, however there is no way of transfering the itunes to the new pc. When my girlfriends brother plugged his Ipod into the laptop it only gave him the option to snyc his songs and apps that he'd purchased through iTunes. He wasnt able to transfer the songs he downloaded(naughty boy). Any way of getting all the songs onto the new laptop?

Cheers in advance.

Depending on how large the collection is, you'll either have to transfer all of the stuff on a USB stick or an external harddrive.

Check your music library and simply copy the files (or the general Music folder) over to the periphery, then onto the new computer.

Then start iTunes and add the artists and/or songs again.

Lots of manual labour involved, I know.

Lot easier than that Prussian, if the stuffs on an Ipod then you can copy it down onto a different PC using various programs.

A few links:

copytrans

recovermyipod

Music rescue

or alternatively a google search throws up this suggestion: link

I've never tried the other way but I've used music rescue & copytrans in the past and they've worked fine for me.

Lot easier than that Prussian, if the stuffs on an Ipod then you can copy it down onto a different PC using various programs.

A few links:

copytrans

recovermyipod

Music rescue

or alternatively a google search throws up this suggestion: link

I've never tried the other way but I've used music rescue & copytrans in the past and they've worked fine for me.

Much appreciated Al, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived