Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I think the point is that if you say 'Old Trafford' to someone the vast majority of people will associate that ground with United and Manchester.

Say King Power and anyone who isn't a football fan might struggle.

Plus, without wishing to sound too disparaging, this is rugby. It is a minority sport, Leicester is somewhat of a hotbed for rugby support yet I imagine most Tigers fans would struggle to name many players from the countries we are hosting let alone the casual fan who might watch the odd six nations tie.

Hosting Canada, Argentina, Romania, Namibia and Tonga is the footballing equivalent of hosting Canada, Ukraine, Estonia, The Turks and Caicos Islands and Zaire, being asked to fork out up to £150 for the privalege is a piss take.

Not true at all, Namibia and Tonga (who I guess are you're comparisons to Caicos islands and Zaire) are actually very decent, Tonga are seeded the same place in the rugby rankings as England are in the football, although not denying the price of the tickets are horrendous

FW Leonardo Ulloa, 7 -- You can't knock the Argentine's tally of 11 Premier League goals, even though five of them came in the opening five games. Leicester's £8million summer signing suffered a crisis of confidence in the middle part of the season and grappled with fatigue, too. If Ulloa can get into double figures playing average, imagine what he can do next season if he hits his peak.

http://www.espnfc.com/club/leicester-city/375/blog/post/2461516/esteban-cambiasso-the-star-as-leicester-secure-survival

I'm assuming this is the same Ben Jacobs who yesterday said Ulloa was a "Flop'...... apparently if you rewind 24 hours you can knock the Argentine's tally of 11 Premier League goals!

Edited by Livid

FW Leonardo Ulloa, 7 -- You can't knock the Argentine's tally of 11 Premier League goals, even though five of them came in the opening five games. Leicester's £8million summer signing suffered a crisis of confidence in the middle part of the season and grappled with fatigue, too. If Ulloa can get into double figures playing average, imagine what he can do next season if he hits his peak.

http://www.espnfc.com/club/leicester-city/375/blog/post/2461516/esteban-cambiasso-the-star-as-leicester-secure-survival

I'm assuming this is the same Ben Jacobs who yesterday said Ulloa was a "Flop'...... apparently if you rewind 24 hours you can knock the Argentine's tally of 11 Premier League goals!

Now I'm no mathemagician but on a scale of 1-10, where 10 is the highest and 1 the lowerst, a score of 7 for Ulloa places him ahead of RDL, Simpson, Moore, Konchesky, Albrighton, Knockaert, Drinkwater, James, Hammond, Nugent, Krameric and Wood. In Jacobs' world, QED he's the flop.

This guy has had a ****ing nightmare.

Powell was on loan, Upson injured, Simpson was ok and nowhere near as expensive as Ulloa but clearly bigger flops than Leo...

...but if we are being honest the flop of the season is Kramaric. The amount of money we paid, the impact he has had and the number of points he has won us, then he is, based on this season, been a flop. Of course he will come good next season and when he fires us to the FA cup final it will be money well spent, but this season has been a poor return so far.

Bit harsh I feel mate, I wouldn't call him a 'flop' this season. Give the kid a bit of time to adjust. You've acknowledged he'll come good and I think we'd all agree with that. I certainly didn't expect him to step off the plane and start banging the goals in. With a decent pre-season under his belt I'm sure he'll prove his worth.

Bit harsh I feel mate, I wouldn't call him a 'flop' this season. Give the kid a bit of time to adjust. You've acknowledged he'll come good and I think we'd all agree with that. I certainly didn't expect him to step off the plane and start banging the goals in. With a decent pre-season under his belt I'm sure he'll prove his worth.

tbf we signed him for a record fee to fire us to safety and he barely played. judging on this half season alone he's been a flop. 

however i think the point you're trying to make is it would take an idiot to judge him on this season alone. 

I misread that: I thought you said it was no-one's game of the season, and was about to write a fook-off response to the Daily Heil.

Mind you, that paper seems to like us more than any other, so not surprised we are Number One.

Still the greatest game ever

Love this

To name a few: Manchester United threw away a two-goal lead to lose for the first time in their Premier League history, stretching back 853 games. They had never before conceded more than three goals to a newly-promoted side. Leicester became only the sixth club to score five or more against United in a Premier League match. And we could go on.

Before the match, Van Gaal had promised he and his staff had done their homework on Leicester, pointing out four books of research he had at his disposal. It did little good, but made No 1 in our list.

Stoke 6 - Liverpool 1: I like how it says:

"Even a strike from the man himself – drawing applause from all four stands at the Britannia – did little to cheer Gerrard up. His days with Liverpool ended in shame, and he left the field in that famous red shirt for the final time with a 6-1 defeat."

Then shows 2 photos of Gerrard walking off in a black shirt.

Well i guess when you're bottom for so long the press will have preconceived views that you're boring before they even turn up with their free entry, buffet and drinks.

Judging from some of the reports you read I suspect many of them fail to get out of the banqueting room

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/revealed-the-most-unwatchable-premier-league-teams-of-the-201415-season-10282142.htmla particularly odd article. But apparently we were the most unwatchable team last season, based on this. 

us beating southampton was dull?!

burnley away was apart from that 1 minute i will give them that! 

Well i guess when you're bottom for so long the press will have preconceived views that you're boring before they even turn up with their free entry, buffet and drinks.

Judging from some of the reports you read I suspect many of them fail to get out of the banqueting room

Can't disagree with some of the games in the list though,particularly West Brom,Hull,Stoke at home