Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd didn't pick 10 new starters. They arguably took the cup more seriously than us, which is a ludicrous position for us to take.

Well...........

Chelsea lost to a side we took a point from in the league.

Arsenal were thrashed 3-0 to a average championship side.

Man utd lost at home to a side lower in the champ than hull.

We lost, move on. Disappointing of course it is, but im sure west ham thought the same against us in the last round.

Pulis is just playing mind games and a little of what he said is true but Claudio is a world class manager with a resume to prove it, Pulis on the other hand is where teams go when they need to survive. 

I'm not taking anything away from West Brom and think this is going to be a tough game with their physicality and Pulis Style football i really don't know how this game is going to play our styles clash. We have a strong side that is playing well but I am worried of all these set pieces they are going to be bombing into the box, hopefully we can get a spell and run them over because not many teams can handle us when we are playing our best football

Can't link it and not sure where to put it anyway, but the Premier League (on facebook) asked 9 players who would make the best James Bond at their club.

Schwarzer was on it for Leicester, and reckons Hammond would be the best fit. Can't say I disagree really, tbh lol.

Bond villain would definitely be Wasilewski, no question about it. Possibly Huth as well...

Do people genuinely believe Mahrez was dropped because he didn't play well against Arsenal? 

You don't think it was a tactical decision to drop him for a tough away game at Norwich? Mahrez had struggled away at Bournemouth and Stoke because of the tactics of the other teams, maybe Claudio thought Norwich would be similar. Then the Southampton game was just about keeping the same team that won the previous week. 

To suggest Ranieri would drop our player of the season based on one performance is laughable, and surely he deserves more credit than that. 

Exactly, particularly as Mahrez had just been off on international duty the week before the southampton match.

Struggling to see how praising a former manager makes the present one rubbish and vice versa.

Is anything that he said incorrect? Tony Pulis knows what it feels like to basically build a club from the bottom up, prepare to push on then get dumped even though the results are good enough. He is speaking from his own experience when he says what he says.

Ranieri has already made some clear errors, but because we are doing well he is not getting pulled up on them. If it was Pearson the usual suspects would be slagging him off.

- Bournemouth away. The majority of us knew lining up that way wasn't the best way to a win.

- Southampton away, not starting Mahrez.

- Hull away. Not picking a side, or motivating the selected one to a better performance

Added to that you have the issue of messing up our defensive solidarity.

Just to be clear, I'm not slagging Claudio off, but let's be fair and know where his faults have been so far.

I think Raneri's hands where tied in the Hull game he has some players that are not getting games and he has to make them feel they are part off the club, dropping players that got us through the last stage would be a big mistake, he had his sub's which he brought on but it didn't work out, I don't feel to bad about it this isn't 1997/8 the Premiership is a different league and his job is to keep us up, winning cups is a bonus but not his main goal.

Also Hull are a good side and likely to be back in the prem next season, would are first team have beat them probably who knows's but I think it would cause a split in the team

Edited by Freesolo

Well Pulis mind games are definitely working on FOXESTALK. Got us all arguing. Good work Pulis  :thumbup:

Yea but I doubt players come on here though, maybe a couple have looked in the past who knows? If I was a player i wouldn't be surfing the net on football forums, read the tabloids probably and know way our feelings about Pulis and his comments are the same as Raneri's. the players all seem to have taken to him so well

Can't link it and not sure where to put it anyway, but the Premier League (on facebook) asked 9 players who would make the best James Bond at their club.

Schwarzer was on it for Leicester, and reckons Hammond would be the best fit. Can't say I disagree really, tbh lol.

Bond villain would definitely be Wasilewski, no question about it. Possibly Huth as well...

Villain has to be Ulloa.

Obviously our Bond should be Kante, he'd rescue the hostages before anyone knew they were missing

Is it...

Last 10 games of the season

22 points - Scored 22 - Against 11

First 10 games of the season

19 points - Score 20 - Against 17

There is little to back up your statement, especially when the players who we think improved us the most so far (Kante & Fuchs) were either signed or targeted before Claudio, so it's more than likely they would have improved us if he was still here also.

He has made some great tactical changes granted.

Spot on!

Too many on here ready to disregard everything that Pearson has done for us, just remember where we were when he took over.

Had CR come in when we were in league one, I doubt he would have got us to where Nige did. NP didn't just deliver results on the field, he cleared all the shit Sven left behind and got the club organised both on and off field.

Edited by NeilLCFC

I don't really understand why a lot of people get offended when we are predicted to lose by a pundit. Any away game in the premier league I am hoping for a point at best with a win being a major bonus. I don't think a defeat away at west brom is what you would call absurd.

I don't really understand why a lot of people get offended when we are predicted to lose by a pundit. Any away game in the premier league I am hoping for a point at best with a win being a major bonus. I don't think a defeat away at west brom is what you would call absurd.

The only thing I'd take issue with is that we're predicted to lose these games, we win/ draw them and the same people come back and say we haven't played anyone decent yet.

By the fact your picture is still Pearson, you opinion on the matter is invalid.

I think we're in an incredibly good position at the minute when a lot of people turn everything into a question of 'Who is better out of our last and current manager, who are both brilliant?'

Not often we've been able to say that in our recent history!

There is no doubt that Pearson and his staff laid down the solid foundations that the club now have, and he deserves a lot of credit for that, and will always be and should always  be remembered for our promotions, and for taking us from the abyss of League One to the Premier league.

In terms of last season however, let us not forget that he was also the manager who had us bottom of the table for three quarters of the season, because he wanted to stay in games, rather than be brave enough to go out and try to win them.

I think he both over estimated the quality of much of the Premier league, as well as under estimating our own qualities, and ended up playing far too cautiously.

When it came to shit or bust time, and we had to go out and win games at all costs, he changed our formation and approach to a much more positive one, which better suited the players we had, who were able to go out and express themselves, and the results were there for all to see..

Pearson deserves some credit for changing his approach in the end, but my god he left it late!

It was interesting to see him interviewed on Sky the other week though, where he said that people had asked him why they didn`t play that way from the start of the season, and his reply was, that you can`t get away with playing that way in the Premier league all season, but it had got to the stage that we just had to go for it, but that ultimately you have to try and stay in games at this level, to give yourself a chance.

When i heard him say that, it suggested to me that he had learnt nothing from last season, and that had he still been our manager, we would be back to playing in the way that we were for the first three quarters of last season, which made me mightily relieved that we had made the change of manager.

Edited by smudger63