Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

We're, or I am at least, just laughing at Merson's incompetence as a pundit. If that's all he can come up with, then he's in the wrong job and it's time he was let go. The others who were backing us to do well at least explained why they felt that, even Charie Nicholas gave a half decent tactical breakdown of how we'll change our style a little without Vardy.

And again your judging one person saying then shouldn't be in a job because he had one silly rant without taking into account all the other punditry he does throughout the afternoon. And then say your just laughing at him and then go on to suggest he should lose his job.

You should laugh, it's funny, rather silly, even he's got half a smile on his face as he's saying it. As usual the lynch ,on on here is ready calling for his job, as I say, ridiculously over analysed on here.

And again your judging one person saying then shouldn't be in a job because he had one silly rant without taking into account all the other punditry he does throughout the afternoon. And then say your just laughing at him and then go on to suggest he should lose his job.

You should laugh, it's funny, rather silly, even he's got half a smile on his face as he's saying it. As usual the lynch ,on on here is ready calling for his job, as I say, ridiculously over analysed on here.

Sigh.

I'm laughing at his shockingly bad ability as a pundit, he's so bad, you have to laugh at him. I'm calling for his job because he's paid handsomely to offer his expert opinion which turns out to be players haircuts and other such ridiculous statement over the past few years. He can try and convince me that Arsenal are the best team in the world and Villa shouldn't have gone down, and if he bases that on some logic I'll respect that, but not if its the colour of their boots or their haircuts. So yes as funny as merson is if that's all he can offer on a regular basis then he needs to be relieved of his duties. Its not about him belittling Leicester it's his performance as a whole. If I did that badly at work I'd be sacked.

• Like 1

Sigh.

I'm laughing at his shockingly bad ability as a pundit, he's so bad, you have to laugh at him. I'm calling for his job because he's paid handsomely to offer his expert opinion which turns out to be players haircuts and other such ridiculous statement over the past few years. He can try and convince me that Arsenal are the best team in the world and Villa shouldn't have gone down, and if he bases that on some logic I'll respect that, but not if its the colour of their boots or their haircuts. So yes as funny as merson is if that's all he can offer on a regular basis then he needs to be relieved of his duties. Its not about him belittling Leicester it's his performance as a whole. If I did that badly at work I'd be sacked.

As I've said you over analyse a nothing funny incident, if all he did was talk about haircuts and flashy boots and if he had ever actually claimed arsenal have the best team in the world (please do share that if it ever actually happened and I may agree with you) you'd perhaps have a point. As that's not the case, you don't.

You need a bit of variety on a punditry team anyway, Merson can be outspoken and a bit of a clown at times but give me that over a panal full souness's any day. He's funny.

Edit: and I've just had a quick look about villa and the only thing I can find is a pretty much nail on head article questioning RG appointment and saying they were doomed (5 months old)

So basically your just making stuff up.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

BBC Sport website live Spannish league text...

Atletico Madrid are the kings of 1-0. They were one-nilling it up to the max when Leicester were in the Football League.

Tbh, everyone is pulling themselves off over athletico's way of playing whilst dissing ours. There isn't a lot of difference.

• Like 3

Pedantic again but shirt pulling is an automatic yellow unless it denies a clear goal scoring opportunity.

As for huth, he has got away with a lot off the ball all season. But centre halves do, especially the old fashioned variety. I remember the final game of last year when QPR played a young kid up top. Within five mins, he tried to make a run in behind and huth just grabbed him across his face and shoulders and pushed him to the floor. no one was looking and the kid just sat on the turf, perplexed. He made little impression thereafter.

If you can get away with it then fine, but when it bites you on the bum, don't moan about it. that doesn't just apply to us.

Tbh, everyone is pulling themselves off over athletico's way of playing whilst dissing ours. There isn't a lot of difference.

What?

There's been about ten thousand articles written abou us this season and how good the football is. We were called the saviours of football at one point.

It's only the last few games when the nerves have hit a bit and teams have started parking the bus and doubling up on Riyad that we've begun to grind out these one nils.

Even now it's only bitter Tottenham and Arsenal fans complaining about it, everyone else has given us plaudits for our defending and tactics.

What?

There's been about ten thousand articles written abou us this season and how good the football is. We were called the saviours of football at one point.

It's only the last few games when the nerves have hit a bit and teams have started parking the bus and doubling up on Riyad that we've begun to grind out these one nils.

Even now it's only bitter Tottenham and Arsenal fans complaining about it, everyone else has given us plaudits for our defending and tactics.

Our run of live games has co inclded with this and joe public forgets what it was like before.

I dont mind because results are all that matters but it's the perception. I was drawing the analogy with AM because I thought it relevant.

What?

I disagree, I've seen a lot more written recently by fans of all clubs about our style of play and how boring it is. 

It definitely seems like the perception of our football has shifted since people have been paying more attention to us and watching games post-February. Spurs and Arsenal fans constantly moaning about it doesn't help. 

Don't get me wrong, if we win the league I won't give two sh*ts about what others think, but it's a shame for the players that the way we were playing for most of the season is getting forgotten. 

arsene wenger basically says our style won't bring success. genuine troll.

Also brought up the point again that they've beat us twice. Nobody is blaming you for Leicester winning the league Arsene, they're talking about how shite you've been against the rest.

Further down in that independent article:

where a succession of young appointments – from Pep Guardiola, to Antonio Conte, to Jurgen Klopp – look set to blow away the cobwebs; perhaps unsurprisingly, a cluster of managers in their sixties have laboured on with tiki-taka-inspired tactics that fail to recognise the changing complexities of the modern game.

Am I reading that wrong or are they seriously talking about Pep Guardiola being part of a wave of gengenpress tactics that will kill off tiki-taka?

• Like 1

I'm sorry but I can but point to TFC again, it's a priceless read containing tales of greed, hunger, lust, deceit and frustration coupled with some of the best conspiracy theories you've ever heard - heck, it's even better than Game Of Thrones at times:

Hey guys, remember when Spurs got Champions League football that time and it made a lot of people/new fans rather expectant for a few years afterwards, often leading to tension in the fanbase?

Good luck with those new fans you'll get next year, Leicester.

Ok, now you're getting desperate.

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/other-matches-fred-2015-16.15164/page-515

Edited by MC Prussian

I'm sorry but I can but point to TFC again, it's a priceless read containing tales of greed, hunger, lust, deceit and frustration coupled with some of the best conspiracy theories you've ever heard - heck, it's even better than Game Of Thrones at times:

Ok, now you're getting desperate.

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/other-matches-fred-2015-16.15164/page-515

It gets better every passing week lol Spurs we are laughing at you

• Like 1