Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Kisnorbo was one of our better players when he was moved to CB. Him and McAuley actually performed somewhat decently considering how shite the rest of the team were.

We had some abomination of footballers during that time. Jarrett, Sylla, Low, Elvis, Andy Johnson, Kenton, Geoff Horsefield, Shaun Newton, Stephen Hughes. The good old days when we were getting dicked by Plymouth Argyle for fun.

I reckon that if Kisnorbo hadn't been injured we wouldn't have gone down to Division Three. Obviously never know, but he was good for us - one of the very few at that time.

Can't believe he was happy to have his shameful story published. What an arsehole

"I didn't think about supporting my own city because we wanted to watch the bigger players and it was all about winning matches."

I'd rank him somewhere between dog excrement and Robert Mugabe

What a belter of a quote that is lol

"I can confirm that as of today I am a proud Leicester City supporter because I'm a winner and I want to win. Leicester City are a club that fits my winning mentality. I want to thank Liverpool FC for all the memories."

Edited by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

What a belter of a quote that is lol

"I can confirm that as of today I am a proud Leicester City supporter because I'm a winner and I want to win. Leicester City are a club that fits my winning mentality. I want to thank Liverpool FC for all the memories."

Hope he has a nasty accident

On a similar note I had my first person trying to make out I'm a glory hunter down the pub last night, even had the cheek to suggest I was talking bollocks when I told him that I always thought Claudio was the best choice considering who we were being seriously linked with. Made my day tbh, enjoy the fairweather accusations while people still want to make them. :D

Preki, Neil Lennon and Steve Cotterill... did anyone seriously think Ranieri wasn't the best option?

I reckon that if Kisnorbo hadn't been injured we wouldn't have gone down to Division Three. Obviously never know, but he was good for us - one of the very few at that time.

Our defensive record was actually phenomenal. It was the 2nd best in the league. We had a better defensive record than both West Brom and Stoke and they got promoted automatically. Stearman and McAuley proved they were good players as they ended up in the Premier League soon after.

We just couldn't score for shit. Iain Hume was our only goal threat and we had zero creativity in midfield, just a bunch of cloggers and donkeys who ran around.

We went down with a goal difference of -3.

Edited by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
  • Like 1

I always thank my lucky stars I was too young to properly realise how doggo we were 2004-2008. In my youthful innocence used to turn up thinking Stephen Hughes, Momo Sylla and the like were decent players and that Chris O'Grady could be the next big thing. Unfortunately by the time we went down I was nearly 17 and painfully aware.

Pretty much every one of these people who are struggling to get tickets now claim they were there in League 1. Surely, they can't all have been there otherwise we would have sold out every week.

It reminds me of the stat that 98% of Man U fans have never been to Old Trafford but every single one you meet claims he is part of the 2%.

If you are referring to me as one of those people struggling to get tickets then I can assure you that

I didn't attend every game in League1, I went to half the home games just like I have since the late 80's.

While I appreciate that to grow the club we need to attract new fans, that should not stop me from

questioning/grumbling about the moral fibre of those who will only support a team that is successful

and how some of these new fans are getting tickets in front of me despite me being a longstanding member.

Our defensive record was actually phenomenal. It was the 2nd best in the league. We had a better defensive record than both West Brom and Stoke and they got promoted automatically. Stearman and McAuley proved they were good players as they ended up in the Premier League soon after.

We just couldn't score for shit. Iain Hume was our only goal threat and we had zero creativity in midfield, just a bunch of cloggers and donkeys who ran around.

We went down with a goal difference of -3.

The glory days of five right backs and five strikers on the pitch. Matty Fryatt as the holding midfielder trying to feed Carl Cort and DJ Campbell...

:blink:

• Like 1

Go to post 16172 on here Doc and read it .... Ash Patel : A man who people on FT are pretty p*ssed off about. But I've got a feeling there are a lot of Ash Patels out there.

Shame Tigers didn't win the cup or he might have been a rugby fan.

I hate the Ash Patels of the world but love the Harinder Singh's of the world

Had a season ticket and Started going regularly with my grandparents and Ashley off of here when I was 7 in 2003 up until about 2010 then started going with friends from there had a season ticket since. Just got engrossed by the whole experience and just love going.

I'm 20 now and about to witness something I never thought would happen especially when we had Elvis Hammond and Josh Low on the team sheet. Countless managers and whatever else.

I understand it's frustrating that a lot of people now jump on the success but it was bound to happen. I went to away games regularly when we were shocking, until I moved out of the city and got married. I wish I could tickets but it's practically impossible. Let's look at it differently, hopefully our success and next season CL football will get plenty of people hooked and their kids will hang around when we become mediocre again. How else are we supposed to grow our fan base? Ash Patel and Nicole Butler might be irritating but fingers crossed their kids will get hooked on Leicester and we got them for life.

Didn't know where to post this and thought making a new thread would be pointless.

Was walking around Miami yesterday, Art Deco, south beach, art district etc with my Leicester shirt on, lost count how many times someone shouted to either congratulate me or to wish us luck for tomorrow.

Seems like we are really becoming well known know and even everybody in the US is behind us

If you are referring to me as one of those people struggling to get tickets then I can assure you that

I didn't attend every game in League1, I went to half the home games just like I have since the late 80's.

While I appreciate that to grow the club we need to attract new fans, that should not stop me from

questioning/grumbling about the moral fibre of those who will only support a team that is successful

and how some of these new fans are getting tickets in front of me despite me being a longstanding member.

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular! lol I dont even know you.

Jesus! Why are you so touchy? No one has to prove how much of a fan they are. Especially to me.

had a couple of times where I'm driving and drivers behind me see the scarf in the back of the car and give a thumbs up or a fist-pump lol.

Any other season and I/we get laughed at.

He was a low rent Joey Gudjonsson - Ok long range shot, **** all else. 

no no no no......he just had **** all. :D he looked like he was going to break his leg everytime he tried to put some pace on the ball

Edited by Jacnah

On an emotional level, no matter how much cash they part with or Twitter statuses they post, will a title win feel as good for them as it will for those that were there when it was bad?

Of course not. They can't buy that.

great post  :thumbup:

no no no no......he just had **** all. :D he looked like he was going to break his leg everytime he tried to put some pace on the ball

Sure he scored a couple of belters - spurs in the cup definitely, and against Wednesday I think when we got spanked 4-1 one December

• Like 1

Sure he scored a couple of belters - spurs in the cup definitely, and against Wednesday I think when we got spanked 4-1 one December

Thanks for reminding me of that second game. Genuine thanks, it puts tonight's result in perspective.

Stephen Hughes was awful. One of the worst midfielders we've ever had.

Thanks for reminding me of that second game. Genuine thanks, it puts tonight's result in perspective.

Stephen Hughes was awful. One of the worst midfielders we've ever had.

Astrit Adjaravic, Joe Hammill, momo sylla, Zslot Lackzo (that game vs Coventry aside), Jason Jarret, Darren Kenton... we've had far worse.