Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/21/leicester-city-manchester-united-premier-league-match-report#start-of-comments

lgchoc Chavvy

Gotta say though, Leicester like Hull before them last season are giving weight to the idea that it's better as a promoted side to add a sprinkling of quality but keep the same core of players that got you promoted - players who might be less able technically but are familiar with each other tactically and with the team'a system - than it is to do a QPR or Cardiff and splurge loads of money on individually better (normally) players who have never played together before and are strangers to the system.

Think it's been proven beyond all doubt.

That is a very good read, this is the bit that had me rolling on the floor in laughter...

6 ****in minutes?.....the gin-soaked ghost of the hard shoulder shitter dies hard

Further on a good quote that we should turn into a banner for when we goto Old Trafford.

Clattenberg.Referee,leader,legend

Edited by promised land

I think the United fans moaning about Clattenburg giving that pen are forgetting that Nugent sticking it away only made it 2-3.

A team with Champions League aspirations away from home at a newly promoted side really should be able to see the game out at that point, not concede a further three goals. If it really was an injustice, it's exactly the kind of thing that would galvanise a better side. 

Yeah, it was Clattenburg's fault that two players decided to head the same ball in the area and Rooney passed it straight to Hammond. It was also his fault that their defence gave Vardy half the pitch to run into and clear on goal.

Clattenburg had a huge hand in the second goal but Man United should not capitulate like they did. They should've channelled their anger into getting back at us, as it was they fell apart.

I thought we'd got rid of Stoke until January after last week? :(

They seem to be following our results under the misguided impression that we are somehow rivals in the league battle.  Someone should be kind and let them know that our matches will have little to no effect on the relegation battle.

Hahaha

montpelier said: ↑

Vardy was outstanding (if very annoying). Proper defence should/would cope a lot better.

Funny, all I saw was a mediocre championship type player who cheated & managed to con the referee. I saw he got man of the match - he went down like a sack of cheating shit & the ref couldn't wait to take centre stage & gift him a penalty - if thats the kind of play that supporters wish to applaud then ok, but it merely encourages the despicable behaviour of the Youngs & Maradonas & IMO that type of football belongs in the gutter. I dont mind aggressive play & Blackett deserved his card but TBH I thought the team were fantastic for much of today until the cheating started but I accept we need a right back & centre halves who can play more than 2 games without injury

Edited by leicesterisme

I don't even hate Stoke, I pity their delusion. Its kind of cute in a way.

Bless.

To be fair the ones that came on here were alright. As always it's the loud minority making them all look like bellends. We can have that in here sometimes as well.

Edited by Finnaldo