Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Do you frequent the Football Factory often, Jordan? I think I need to go there when I visit NY sometime soon...

Yeah, I go there fairly often.

One thing I should say about Sunday was that although Jack (the bartender) is a huge Man U fan, after every Leicested goal, he came around the bar to congratulate the small contingent of City fans there for the early kickoff, and after full time, he set up a round of drinks for us on the house. Great guy.

The De Laet thing is about the nudge on Di Maria where he tumbles onto the concrete, and then a bit later where him and drinkwater come together and Di Maria goes down on the edge of our box. They both would have been bloody soft bookings though in my eyes!

I can't imagine watching a game with that level of bias. I think the worst part is that they can't even see the irony through their red tinted glasses.

Man City fan here....just to say well done on beating those c***s on Sunday.....was watching in a pub near our ground and needless to say it was rocking.

looking forward to our trip down there in December......all the best. MCFC

we can all poznan together... sure this time we will give you a game unlike last times cup game.

!

Edited by Raj

I can't imagine watching a game with that level of bias. I think the worst part is that they can't even see the irony through their red tinted glasses.

I dunno, a lot of our fans manage it somehow by saying that Vardy's first penalty wasn't soft.

If Ashley Young had done that, I'd have been livid.

The De Laet thing is about the nudge on Di Maria where he tumbles onto the concrete, and then a bit later where him and drinkwater come together and Di Maria goes down on the edge of our box. They both would have been bloody soft bookings though in my eyes!

The De Laet "nudge" happened in front of us,it was very aggressive, lucky to get away with it.

The De Laet "nudge" happened in front of us,it was very aggressive, lucky to get away with it.

You watched it back? I hardly noticed it in the ground tbh but I've watched it back on sky plus a few times. Didn't look too bad for me, lucky that it wasn't a foul but a second yellow would have been the worst decision of the match.

Those comments about Vardy simply being a player who runs around with stamina and aggression but little skill are surely a joke. If you'd watched the game you'd have to have the most red-tinted of glasses not to see skill in his play. I assume it wasn't skill that saw him nip in front of their defender, take it past him and whip in a delightful cross for Leo to pop in the corner of the net? I also assume it wasn't skill that saw him chest the ball on the run, take a touch, do De Gea with the eyes and slot it near post leaving the spaniard looking a little stuck in the mud?

As Pearson rightly said in one of his post-match interviews Vardy "has a lot more quality than he's given credit for". Lots of people see him as just someone who runs around, presses defenders and roughs them up a bit. A lot of people will see him like that throughout the season. He's not just a hard worker though, he's got a lot of talent as well. He's also a late developer in football terms so there is a hell of a lot more to come from him.

Weirdly, and I don't know whether this is the same for anyone else, he reminds me of Craig Bellamy a bit. He didn't do too badly did he!

Edited by cjslcfc

I dunno, a lot of our fans manage it somehow by saying that Vardy's first penalty wasn't soft.

If Ashley Young had done that, I'd have been livid.

tbh It was a clear pen - Rafael barges him in the back, that's a foul every day of the week. The question is whether Vardy fouled Rafael, and the more i watch it, the more I think he didn't - look not at what happens to rafael, but the actual contact that Vardy makes - it's nowhere near enough to send Rafael flying like that. For all Man Utd fans remonstrations that Vardy dived, the only one who dived was Rafael.

• Like 2

tbh It was a clear pen - Rafael barges him in the back, that's a foul every day of the week. The question is whether Vardy fouled Rafael, and the more i watch it, the more I think he didn't - look not at what happens to rafael, but the actual contact that Vardy makes - it's nowhere near enough to send Rafael flying like that. For all Man Utd fans remonstrations that Vardy dived, the only one who dived was Rafael.

Haha I agree it was a pen but Vardy definitely uses his arm and shoves Rafael I really don't see how you can argue that. The rest of what they are moaning about is bollocks though.

Author of that has to be a bitter united fan

The sour grapes from Manu fans, will make it a vintage season, for the effervescent Leicester city followers

foxes run amoc in the coup leaving nothing behind but headless chickens.

Their gall goes too far even for V.Gaal.

I agree it was a penalty. Blatant foul by Vardy, but Rafael then shoves his arm into the back of Vardy. Yeah, you could debate whether or not Vardy goes down easily, but it is a foul and would have been given anywhere else on the pitch.

Haha I agree it was a pen but Vardy definitely uses his arm and shoves Rafael I really don't see how you can argue that. The rest of what they are moaning about is bollocks though.

Now, it's a shoulder barge - given the way rafael goes down, I think you can definitely argue excessive force, but the actual contact Vardy makes doesn't look anywhere near enough to send him flying like that. Rafael went down ridiculously easy.

I agree it was a penalty. Blatant foul by Vardy, but Rafael then shoves his arm into the back of Vardy. Yeah, you could debate whether or not Vardy goes down easily, but it is a foul and would have been given anywhere else on the pitch.

I don't agree it's a blatant foul by Vardy - they tend to be given nowdays, but I don't think he's done enough to actual foul him - a bit of argie-bargie is not immediately a foul.

Glad you reminded me of those. They were so bad, strange that I had forgotten both of them. Astonishing that 'their house is crumbling and yet so many of them are moaning about the council writing a letter to tell them' rather than noticing the problem. Don't shoot the messenger !

:wes:  :wes:  :wes:  :wes:

this has got to be a wind up surely.

if rafael barged vardy in the back then Vardy should be done for GBH for his contact with Rafael.

rafael's contact on vardy is one of those dubious penalties, seen them given, seen them not. you can argue for both.

you say the question is whether Vardy fouled Rafael, there's no question. it was blatant, he didn't even make it subtle by staring at him before he did it, he had no eyes on the ball at any time and just shoved it, albeit with his arm and shoulder, but that's a blatant foul all day.

as for your comment about sending rafael "flying" you're contradicting yourself there. the contact between rafael on vardy was minimal compared to vardy on rafael so if you're argument is right then there was not enough contact made by rafael for vardy to go down.

• Like 3

I'd be fuming that the foul in the build up wasn't given. It was a foul. We were fortunate there.

Was a penalty after that, though, Rafael bundled in to the back of him. Bit soft but stupid defending and a fair pen.

100% this. I've been having this argument at work with all the jealous Man U, Derby and Forest fans who all think Vardy dived. I can't believe people are still saying it was a soft penalty. The shove on Rafael should have resulted in a free kick, but what Rafael did next was a blatant penalty; he's barged into the back of him for crying out loud!

:wes:  :wes:  :wes:  :wes:

this has got to be a wind up surely.

if rafael barged vardy in the back then Vardy should be done for GBH for his contact with Rafael.

rafael's contact on vardy is one of those dubious penalties, seen them given, seen them not. you can argue for both.

you say the question is whether Vardy fouled Rafael, there's no question. it was blatant, he didn't even make it subtle by staring at him before he did it, he had no eyes on the ball at any time and just shoved it, albeit with his arm and shoulder, but that's a blatant foul all day.

as for your comment about sending rafael "flying" you're contradicting yourself there. the contact between rafael on vardy was minimal compared to vardy on rafael so if you're argument is right then there was not enough contact made by rafael for vardy to go down.

Pretty much what Kitchandro said - Shoulder charges and pushes in the back are not the same thing - the first is still legal, the second is a foul.