Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Not really it's littered with mistakes, no proof reading then at the daily mail.

It says the Premier league is only 4 games old, really and Leo pulled us level with his header, hmmm I thought they already had two goals by then.

I've saw the comment 'De Leat should have been sent off' on numerous occassions, does anybody know what for? Surely not the slightly mistimed tackle on Blackett in the first half?

The fact that United are so big means they have more moronic fans than the average side, and my God it shows. Unsurpsing that the first post makes reference to his television, rather than attending a game. Calling pundits and the media 'smug', and United have been gracious in victory during their domination of domestic football over the past couple of decades of course? They are slowly morphing into everything they hate - the history loving Liverpool fans. I would say it's sad to see the demise of a once great club - but, it's not.

not one fvcking bit

Vardy made more contact with Rafael than he made with Vardy. I agree that they are different types of contact, but really we were very lucky to get the second goal.

As 2 isolated incidents in isolated games they can both go either way and nobody would really mention it, but the fact that Vardy outmuscles Rafael, and seconds later goes down under less contact just shows the inconsistency in refereeing. You can't allow Vardy to muscle Rafael off the ball and not then allow Rafael to make the slightest contact. It was also cynical/clever/cheating from Vardy to see Rafael coming and manufacture the contact, but he went down easily, this is a fact, he didn't dive, but he engineered the contact in such a way that he didn't need to dive. He made sure Rafael charged into him when he was off balance, and it took him off his feet, but it is not something I want to see in football and I really hope he doesn't get a reputation for this as he will draw a lot of genuine fouls, but refs will be looking for him making the most of contact and we may not get a deserved penalty in the future.

Really? I think it's great. The amount of times he's suckered defenders into doing it over the last year is unreal.

Diving I don't agree with but there's nothing wrong with using your brain to trick defenders into committing fouls. That's just clever play and one of the things I love Vardy for. Most of the time it's 'I'm going to knock it buy you, you're going to dive in like a moron and I'm just going to touch it away from you so you leg me up'. It's so simple but he's so bloody good at it.

It's got nothing to do with cheating. He's not conning the ref or bending the rules, he's just conning the opposition.

• Like 1

Guest bss9401

Really? I think it's great. The amount of times he's suckered defenders into doing it over the last year is unreal.

Diving I don't agree with but there's nothing wrong with using your brain to trick defenders into committing fouls. That's just clever play and one of the things I love Vardy for. Most of the time it's 'I'm going to knock it buy you, you're going to dive in like a moron and I'm just going to touch it away from you so you leg me up'. It's so simple but he's so bloody good at it.

It's got nothing to do with cheating. He's not conning the ref or bending the rules, he's just conning the opposition.

I laughed at how easily Vardy brushed Rafael off the ball. If he were a man he would admit it and play it down. It was embarrassing. If Rafael had shielded the ball out and Vardy bounced off him then no one would have blinked. I would have been annoyed if we gave away a penalty like that but I would be man enough to admit that our defender should have handled it much better.

I laughed at how easily Vardy brushed Rafael off the ball. If he were a man he would admit it and play it down. It was embarrassing. If Rafael had shielded the ball out and Vardy bounced off him then no one would have blinked. I would have been annoyed if we gave away a penalty like that but I would be man enough to admit that our defender should have handled it much better.

I, like every other city fan was/is delighted at the fact we got a pen....put the Vardy foul was obvious.

Just watch it again on TV....Vardy looks away from the ball and straight at Rafael, he then moves a yard to his left and pushed Rafael away...Strength has nothing to do with it.

Guest bss9401

I, like every other city fan was/is delighted at the fact we got a pen....put the Vardy foul was obvious.

Just watch it again on TV....Vardy looks away from the ball and straight at Rafael, he then moves a yard to his left and pushed Rafael away...Strength has nothing to do with it.

Wrong. A challenge such as that goes on a dozen times every match. Two players racing for a ball, contact will happen. Usually players are well balanced and strong. Rafael showed neither. It was embarrassing. If a City player had been bustled off that easily would have no sympathy. Remember also that Vardy is no tank

Wrong. A challenge such as that goes on a dozen times every match. Two players racing for a ball, contact will happen. Usually players are well balanced and strong. Rafael showed neither. It was embarrassing. If a City player had been bustled off that easily would have no sympathy. Remember also that Vardy is no tank

I've said this to others as well.

It's not as if it was Big Wes, Vardy is a player I thought might be a little lightweight despite his disgusting pace.

Amazing how people on reddit are still trying to convince themselves that we're shit

It's still fairly hostile towards us Leicester fans which is funny. I noticed yourself had gangs of them downvoting you.

It's honestly just brilliant. I had a read of the post match threads after Man U smashed QPR. So much hope.

It's still fairly hostile towards us Leicester fans which is funny. I noticed yourself had gangs of them downvoting you.

It's honestly just brilliant. I had a read of the post match threads after Man U smashed QPR. So much hope.

I think that was just Man U fans taking over the thread and downvoting anything to suggest that they deserved to lose, because in the other match threads I've noticed most people said we look quite good. I was talking about a mod on /r/FantasyPL telling people to avoid our players because 'Leicester are crap.' (based entirely on shots conceded stats) and that Ulloa won't continue scoring goals because 'When its luck driven performance rather than skill driven performance, it never lasts.'

I can't get enough of it! Just been reading their predictions for Sunday's match again. Here's a couple of good ones...

"I'm looking forward to a game. For the first time in a year. This is great."

"Faith = restored.

Another 4-0 for me, think these guys are more competent than QPR, but now we have some confidence and in a second match with the new formation the players should be more used to their roles so be even better. That's my theory anyway."

http://www.redcafe.net/matches/leicester-city-vs-manchester-united.10/discussion?page=2

They were not 'shoulder to shoulder'.

Vardy, without control of the ball, or even looking at it, moved to his left and pushed Rafael over.

A foul every day of the week.....strength has nothing to do with it.

As for the big wes comment, had vardy done the same to him he too would have fallen over. All of Rafael's momentum is going forwards, so the unexpected push is what sends him over.

A foul all day long.....But I'm delighted it wasn't given.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04ht10d

This is radio 5 live iplayer. The first 30 mins or so about our game. Claridge and Phil Neville are guests. While a focus on United there is some good stuff on us and an interview with Kev Phillips. Phil Neville v complimentary of us and Pearson

It's on the 5 live football daily podcast too in case you can't stream  :thumbup: