Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

more drivel

they really are on another fooking planet !!

http://www.manutdfansblog.com/leicester-city-5-3-manchester-united/

I think that bloke must be on a wind up. Look at his replies to comments below.

Either that or he's been totally blinded by the raping that his team got.

I think it's fair to say they don't take defeat very well, this Man Utd lot.

Show a little class is exactly right.

To be fair most of the United fans I know in person have been fairly gracious. Obviously a little wound up with the pen but that's understandable.  There's just a lot of morons on the internet

That's the case with me, too. I lived with two lads from Salford and one from Leigh in my first year at uni, all huge Yanited fans and all of whom I keep in contact with. Obviously they were peeved with the penalty decision but don't feel the game was lost in that moment - they saw nothing wrong with our other four goals either, and gave us the credit we were due.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

Exactly! Why would you want to call the side who just clouted your own a pub side?

Re: glory grabbing - as we were putting the last 3 goals past them and I was losing my mind in a good way, I started to realise that you could only experience such heights of emotion as a spectator from following a club that meant something to you. A glory grabber will never know what that game felt like to us, for at least a couple of reasons. One is that there is no real connection between themselves and the club. I normally pick a side to root for whenever I watch a match as a neutral. Feels good when they do well, but it's nothing compared to a goal for Leicester. I understand that it would mean more to me if I picked that same team all the time, but it would still pale in comparison.

The other reason is that glory supporters always expect their side to win, so it's no big deal when they do. A plastic Man Utd fan can see his team win the Champions League, and not even feel half as overjoyed as a true Fleetwood Town fan does seeing his team reach the Football League. Evidently, the lows still affect glory hunters pretty badly. It's the worst of both worlds - you're numb to the highs and the lows are made all the worse because of the huge expectations.

You have to be a special kind of stupid to be a glory grabber. Expecting to win everything takes all of the joy out of being a supporter. It's very much the same as how scoring in basketball means nothing compared to a goal in football. The team is expected to score every time they go up the other end of the court, so when it happens, no-one is bothered. I'm willing to bet the inventor thought something along the lines of, "People like scoring, so let's make it easy to score so it happens more often. More scoring = more enjoyment." Doesn't work that way. Gold is valuable because it rare. If it was everywhere, we would value it as much as we value dirt.

Picking some random big club to follow is a terrible idea for so many reasons. Some others include; you will never see them play live, tickets are expensive, and you're helping to kill the sport. You're robbing your local club of a supporter, and instead giving money to the already bloated fat cats at the top. And for what?

I've been trying to explain to people over the past couple of days just how I feel - given that I have not lived in Leicestershire for nearly 50 years, and even when I did live there, I was in Loughborough. This post sums it all up: why I was screaming like a banshee at the television on Sunday afternoon, why I was dancing round like an incontinent three-year old during the penalties, why I was almost in tears at the end watching the scenes at the ground. 

If I were a Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea or Man City fan, I'd have seen loads of matches where we came back from two down, I'd have seen them score five goals plenty of times. But I'd never have felt that sense of joy that I had on Sunday - and which I still have.

We live for days like that. We've suffered the sh!te of the past ten years for days like that. We've raged at manager after manager, player after player, as they betrayed our support - for days like that. Most Man U fans - most people in fact - will never know the feeling. Poor fvckers.

• Like 1

Class lol

That Man Utd article is blatantly intended to wind us up anyway. Even they know it's a load of horse shit. They would absolutely kill for our desire on the pitch and they know they would.

Exactly! Why would you want to call the side who just clouted your own a pub side?

Re: glory grabbing - as we were putting the last 3 goals past them and I was losing my mind in a good way, I started to realise that you could only experience such heights of emotion as a spectator from following a club that meant something to you. A glory grabber will never know what that game felt like to us, for at least a couple of reasons. One is that there is no real connection between themselves and the club. I normally pick a side to root for whenever I watch a match as a neutral. Feels good when they do well, but it's nothing compared to a goal for Leicester. I understand that it would mean more to me if I picked that same team all the time, but it would still pale in comparison.

The other reason is that glory supporters always expect their side to win, so it's no big deal when they do. A plastic Man Utd fan can see his team win the Champions League, and not even feel half as overjoyed as a true Fleetwood Town fan does seeing his team reach the Football League. Evidently, the lows still affect glory hunters pretty badly. It's the worst of both worlds - you're numb to the highs and the lows are made all the worse because of the huge expectations.

You have to be a special kind of stupid to be a glory grabber. Expecting to win everything takes all of the joy out of being a supporter. It's very much the same as how scoring in basketball means nothing compared to a goal in football. The team is expected to score every time they go up the other end of the court, so when it happens, no-one is bothered. I'm willing to bet the inventor thought something along the lines of, "People like scoring, so let's make it easy to score so it happens more often. More scoring = more enjoyment." Doesn't work that way. Gold is valuable because it rare. If it was everywhere, we would value it as much as we value dirt.

Picking some random big club to follow is a terrible idea for so many reasons. Some others include; you will never see them play live, tickets are expensive, and you're helping to kill the sport. You're robbing your local club of a supporter, and instead giving money to the already bloated fat cats at the top. And for what?

:appl:

Well said.

Glory hunters are just poison to be quite honest. They benefit absolutely no-one, even themselves, and they don't even see that.

• Like 1

Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but the first 10 minutes of the Guardian Football Weekly Podcast (hosted by James Richardson of Football Italia fame) are all about us and the game against United, lots of nice things said about us.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/audio/2014/sep/22/football-weekly-podcast-leicester-manchester-united

• Like 2

Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but the first 10 minutes of the Guardian Football Weekly Podcast (hosted by James Richardson of Football Italia fame) are all about us and the game against United, lots of nice things said about us.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/audio/2014/sep/22/football-weekly-podcast-leicester-manchester-united

3:15 in "Nigel Pearson is a great man"

:pearson:

Tell us something we don't know!

:nigel:

United nearly scored from a Di Maria corner following a Di Maria shot went straight out for a goal kick. Nowhere near touching any city player.

Why no comment from The Red Cafe on this bit of cheating. If united had scored they would have taken the goal gladly.

• Like 1

Great stuff.

Speaking of blogs, one has just gone up on Red Cafe, haven't listened yet but here it is anyway.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/football-bloody-hell-podcast-episode-7-leicester-meltdown.396990/

Edit: Sounds like it's just tedious United shit sorry.

Edited by Mark_w

Great stuff.

Speaking of blogs, one has just gone up on Red Cafe, haven't listened yet but here it is anyway.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/football-bloody-hell-podcast-episode-7-leicester-meltdown.396990/

Edit: Sounds like it's just tedious United shit sorry.

Sorry I tried listening but couldn't understand their indecipherable Mancunian accents.

/potkettleblack

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

When they start trying to take digs at things like the stadium and the attendance, you know that they're getting desperate. The reaction from this win has made it even better and even more satisfying.

Especially given the fact that out of the 7'000+ extra fans, there were additional United fans in a filled away end, as well.

But that blog sphere there is just a prime example of a place created for glory hunters and deluded followers with little to no sense for realism. They'd rather continue living in dreamland, maintaining and cherishing memories of times past. I know there's a fair amount of sarcasm in there somewhere, but I prefer not to touch it - you never know what's underneath.

*Figure based on Leicester City’s average attendance of 24,994 last season and today’s attendance of 31,784

Crowds last season- Doncaster 31k, Nottingham Forest 30k, Brighton 29k, Ipswich 28k, Blackpool,QPR both 27k, Reading, Bolton, Middlesbrough, Yeovil, Sheff Weds all 26k.

So it's not 7k out of the woodwork, because that wasn't our highest attendance of last season pal. Oh, by the way, we've had 31k a few times before Sunday when out of the Premier League (even managing 30k for a match in League One).

Edited by Corky

Show a little class is exactly right.

To be fair most of the United fans I know in person have been fairly gracious. Obviously a little wound up with the pen but that's understandable.  There's just a lot of morons on the internet

That's the case with me, too. I lived with two lads from Salford and one from Leigh in my first year at uni, all huge Yanited fans and all of whom I keep in contact with. Obviously they were peeved with the penalty decision but don't feel the game was lost in that moment - they saw nothing wrong with our other four goals either, and gave us the credit we were due.

Same here,my mate also from Leigh phoned to congratulate me and wondered why I hadn't phoned him to take the p!ss,I said due to the result I didn't need to,and another who goes reckoned we deserved to win.

more drivel

they really are on another fooking planet !!

http://www.manutdfansblog.com/leicester-city-5-3-manchester-united/

The penalties won by Vardy have left a particularly sour taste in the mouth but looking at him in the grand scheme of things, he’ll never have another day like this again. Give it a year at best and he’ll be some forgotten no mark playing the second or third tier of professional football.

:kingy:  :kingy:  

How the **** can they even claim to know that? The only match they've probably ever seen him play is this one, and he was incredible in it

Edited by benpicko