Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Why is it that they have inherited some cock-sure attitude about not spending any money?

They have spent some money in this window, and look what it bought them. Marvin Sordell, George Boyd and Lukas fvcking Jutkewicz.

I'd be embarrassed as a fan, it's ultimately going to be their demise, yet they sit there claiming moral high ground because of their comparatively poor financial position?

Surely with their "amazing adherence to FFP", they'd have a better head start than most, and they've gone out and spent on that shit? Laughable.

dayday, on 04 Oct 2014 - 8:48 PM, said:

Burnleys footymad forum is in meltdown with Pearson's after match comments.

Maybe Nige :pearson:  has taken up the sport of forum internet trolling :innocent:  to unwind, get a forum in a frenzy with a comment :nigel:  and log in under a pseudonym :ph34r:  to have fun lol

Teams which have knocked Leicester for throwing money about while lauding themselves as paragons of financial virtue.

Plymouth Argyle

Bristol City

Coventry City

Sheffield United

Blackpool

Burnley

It's an illustrious list to be part of isn't it???

• Like 3

Just shows how far we've come that teams are celebrating like they've won the lottery after getting a draw at Leicester.

I said exactly this to my brother the other day. I do find it quite funny.

Burnleys footymad forum is in meltdown with Pearson's after match comments.

lol lol

Other week Lineker described the win over mid-table Man Utd as possibly Leicester's greatest ever victory.

Just goes to show how insignificant they really are.

I'm sorry but Dyche pretending his squad were built on frees is ridiculous.

Burnley, like us, have been planning this return simce there last relegation. What Dyche, there fans and some pundits fail to mention, is that their squad has been built up over a few years.

Eddie Howe had a decent budget. HE not Dyche built this team up and he spend a bit too. It's not our fault that Dyche can't pick a decent player for love nor money. I'm sorry he had 3 million to spend and rather than being in his scouts and identify a quality player or two he instead splashed it all on George Boyd. That's his decision!

Pearson also inherited a squad and got rid of the majority of high profile players with better options. Dyche inherited a squad from a decent manager who spent money wisely.

When you look at it, Dyche has could have been even better if he didn't have the shortcomings in the transfer windows that he has. His board do not trust him as still, 2 1/2 years on the clubs assets are still players who the previous manager signed. That wouldn't fill any chairman with confidence. Pearson on the other hand has got rid of rubbish and replaced it with quality for half the price.

Mills (3.5?) - Morgan (1m)

Beckford (2.5/3.5) - Vardy (1m)

Fernandez/danns/Johnson - all on heft salaries - drinky (500k-800k) and James (250k)

Peltier - de laet

Bamba - promoting Moore from the youth team.

And the list goes on. Add Mahrez and knocky the better business has been done by Pearson for around the same budget.

Ulloa is the ONLY. Exception.

Compare that to Dyche:

Their best players:

Trippier

Shackell

Ings

Mee

Vokes

All Eddie Howe signings.

He has added

Jutkewicks - ?

Taylor

Boyd

Jones

Heaton

Sordell

And so on

The only player on their who you could say was an improvement is Heaton and that's pushing it cos Grant, as he is showing at derby is very good keeper too.

So all this market leaders bullshit is not backed up with facts. Pearson just is a class above Dyche. He should calm

Down a bit and try to build relationships with his superiors to try to learn and build up his lacking skills to improve as a manager.

Person can pick up the phone to Fergie, robson, mourinho and co. With all honesty, can Dyche? I think not.

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 2

We dont have to keep justifying ourselves to opposition fans. We know what we've spent and that's all that matters.

People biting too easy.

If people honestly believe we've spent loads let them believe it, we know what we've spent and what we've not, ok maybe justify ourselves once or twice but we keep going over old ground, if I was an outsider looking in i'd have to say it looks like we have something to hide/justifying it way to much.

• Like 1

People biting too easy.

If people honestly believe we've spent loads let them believe it, we know what we've spent and what we've not, ok maybe justify ourselves once or twice but we keep going over old ground, if I was an outsider looking in i'd have to say it looks like we have something to hide/justifying it way to much.

Does it even matter what we have spent. Seems like spending money has become something to be frowned upon in modern football which is odd given every successful team in Europe does it these days. 

Burnley are our current rivals, we want them to fill a relegation place instead of us and Pearson should say whatever it takes to keep Burnley performing worse than us. Whats he supposed to say - they were brilliant and better than us giving them confidence to move on whilst putting doubt in our dressing room? No, he said they were crap. It happens at the top so why not the bottom.

It's funny how infrequently this thread gets updated compared to after a win.  Think we've got a case of the glory trolls.

In any case Burnley's fans need to get over Pearson's 'jibe' if you can call it that.  Even if it was a retort to Ginger Minge's previous verbal diarrhoea, it would be perfectly justified.  That said I'm of the impression he was trying to make it clear to our players that their performance wasn't good enough - why they care about another team's manager using bleak truths to rebuke his own players in front of the national press is anyone's guess. Had he said anything untrue or controversial I can see why they'd be mad.  Perhaps they're tired of hearing other fans talk about the moronic things their manager says and are clutching at any opportunity to do the same to others, however spurious?

Expect to see better shifts after the international break, Big Nige is on the case.

Just been on Coventry's local rag website to give a source on their dire attendances in another thread and couldn't help notice this.

Ironic given it was Pearson at Southampton as well.

Though I think they're kidding themselves a bit saying that Schmeichel sent us down. Nothing to do with our own ineptness then.

It's funny how infrequently this thread gets updated compared to after a win.  Think we've got a case of the glory trolls.

In any case Burnley's fans need to get over Pearson's 'jibe' if you can call it that.  Even if it was a retort to Ginger Minge's previous verbal diarrhoea, it would be perfectly justified.  That said I'm of the impression he was trying to make it clear to our players that their performance wasn't good enough - why they care about another team's manager using bleak truths to rebuke his own players in front of the national press is anyone's guess. Had he said anything untrue or controversial I can see why they'd be mad.  Perhaps they're tired of hearing other fans talk about the moronic things their manager says and are clutching at any opportunity to do the same to others, however spurious?

Expect to see better shifts after the international break, Big Nige is on the case.

They can moan all they want. They're only so upset because they know what he said is true.

Whilst I happen to agree with the sentiment, it also proves Pearson is still not up to the required media playing level. Pearson isn't like managers such as Dyche, Warnock, Redknapp and Mourinho to name a few. Dyche has built up this image of Burnley being total underdogs, fighting against all odds with an amazing spirit. No one in the press is going to question him if results aren't great because it's been portrayed that they shouldn't be there and it's a miracle that's happened.

Then we have Warnock. Anyone know how Palace played on Saturday? I don't, because on MOTD they focused on Warnock's complaint about a innocuous incident. They could've been atrocious but we don't know as Warnock took the spotlight away from that and made it a talking point.

Redknapp has spoken about the dressing room being the problem when things have gone wrong, notably not his own signings. "Mourinho couldn't have kept them up", he said after the last relegation. And few have questioned it.

Mourinho himself talks about referees, about ball-boys when Chelsea don't perform. He takes the heat of his players as the press talk about comments, mind games, incidents away from the match.

Pearson doesn't do this. He hasn't built up an image of an underdog, he's actually focused on the whole game and said we were poor in the past rather than selecting refereeing calls, he hasn't gone over the top in criticising his predecessors (instead, he's just tried to move them on and get his own players in) and tried to shield his players after a bad game with other nonsense. Pearson has actually said we've been poor, we've been awful, they were better.

What's also been lost in his comments was one in particular where he felt Burnley should've had a penalty. Does anyone know when that took place in the game?

I like the fact he's not a regular excuse-maker and is prepared to slate his own team in public, but it's also going to put pressure on himself.