Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

John Cooper Clarke's song/poem about Burnley:

" I'll tell you now and I'll tell you firmly.

I don't never want to go to Burnley

What they do there don't concern me.

Why would anybody make the journey?"

Seems to sum it up!

• Like 1

To be fair lads, the stuff I've read on here this past few days, and last season at times, it's seems to be both ways. You lot were Claret hating last year as well for something Dyche said, although I can't remember what it was. It seems tit for tat and certainly not all one way.

I personally couldn't care less. I did find this picture amusing though - someone's spent a bit of time on that.

post-20229-0-01450300-1412772259_thumb.j

Edited by Claretforever

To be fair lads, the stuff I've read on here this past few days, and last season at times, it's seems to be both ways. You lot were Claret hating last year as well for something Dyche said, although I can't remember what it was. It seems tit for tat and certainly not all one way.

I personally couldn't care less. I did find this picture amusing though - someone's spent a bit of time on that.

Two words 'Market leaders' lol

To be fair I think we both have bigger fish to fry this season.

Hang on a minute, what your manager said was just untrue. Our manager just stated the obvious.

We're tired of people like your idiotic manager making out we've only got where we are by spending loads of money. That was disrespectful to Pearson.

• Like 1

Hang on a minute, what your manager said was just untrue. Our manager just stated the obvious.

We're tired of people like your idiotic manager making out we've only got where we are by spending loads of money. That was disrespectful to Pearson.

I can't remember exactly what was said, but if it was about your financial weight compared with us, including recent purchases or wages, then he likely had a point. Your finances were/are a mess, but you have made great strides to rectify that. You don't get to that state without spending what you can't rightly afford. Like I said, you've been doing everything to sort that, but some of your players are/were well out of our league.

Was it something to do with that?

No our books are now very balanced, thanks to Pearson, the board and a good scouting network. The financial mess that Sven left was carefully corrected over the past 2 years yet Dyche still talked about us as though the £5m Spunked over Mills etc was Pearson's doing and that that is how we are run. If he'd have done his research he'd realised we were getting most of our new players on very low fees and no longer offering ridiculous wages. At no point did he show any knowledge or appreciation at that and just seemed to try to big himself up and cut us down with the misconception that we were buying the league. He's an arrogant cock.

What Pearson said - I can see why it ruffled some feathers but it really has been blown out of proportion. We are a better club. All the stats from last season showed it. Our performances and results vs yours so far this season show it. We'll see how the rest of the season pans out but I'd be amazed if we finished lower than Burnley

• Like 1

lol Shouldn't laugh but the 2nd story sounds like something from Brass Eye.

I had the same thought lol. I didn't bother actually reading the article, but my word what a headline.

To the Burnley fan, is the 110 Club still open? Used to go there pre-match, but think it all kicked off last time you were in the Premier League? Cricket Club is great though.

If you want to include costs of players signed by other managers and not even at the club any more, are we allowed to say you've spent loads to get promoted by signing Austin, Bikey, Fletcher, Fox, Cort, Mears etc? The stupid spending was done under Sven and Pearson from the moment he arrived set about putting that right.

Yes he still spent money, but the facts are that the squad Dyche was talking about cost a whopping £12m, of which around £7m was raised from player sales. Look through the championship and most squads cost the same if not more than that as the league is littered with ex prem clubs with parachute payments etc.

Dyche's constant talk of what he has spent is all very well, but it's not like the squad he inherited cost nothing is it? Add up what Wallace, Marney, Ings, Stanislas, Shackell, Vokes, Tripier and Mee cost alone and it's a decent amount.

If we'd got promoted when Sven was chucking stupid money left right and centre the comments would have been fair enough. It wasn't fair about the squad Pearson put together, I'd imagine that when Pearson heard his comments he wasn't best pleased. Especially as he'd just given Burnley a glowing post match summary for the season they were having.

Spot on.

Edited by Babylon

No our books are now very balanced, thanks to Pearson, the board and a good scouting network. The financial mess that Sven left was carefully corrected over the past 2 years

Hmm. When you say balanced, what exactly do you mean? You lost £29.7m to 2012, and a further £34m to 2013. Even if you broke even last season (we don't know that yet), then you still have a debt of £63.7m ish. I'm sure I've seen figures of £79m somewhere, but can't be sure.

Did you mean that you are now running a small profit which is eating into that huge debt?

If you want to include costs of players signed by other managers and not even at the club any more, are we allowed to say you've spent loads to get promoted by signing Austin, Bikey, Fletcher, Fox, Cort, Mears etc? The stupid spending was done under Sven and Pearson from the moment he arrived set about putting that right.

Yes he still spent money, but the facts are that the squad Dyche was talking about cost a whopping £12m, of which around £7m was raised from player sales. Look through the championship and most squads cost the same if not more than that as the league is littered with ex prem clubs with parachute payments etc.

Dyche's constant talk of what he has spent is all very well, but it's not like the squad he inherited cost nothing is it? Add up what Wallace, Marney, Ings, Stanislas, Shackell, Vokes, Tripier and Mee cost alone and it's a decent amount.

If we'd got promoted when Sven was chucking stupid money left right and centre the comments would have been fair enough. It wasn't fair about the squad Pearson put together, I'd imagine that when Pearson heard his comments he wasn't best pleased. Especially as he'd just given Burnley a glowing post match summary for the season they were having.

The players mentioned above cost about £4m between them. Hardly breaking the bank, and were balanced out by selling Austin for £4m last year.

I had the same thought lol. I didn't bother actually reading the article, but my word what a headline.

To the Burnley fan, is the 110 Club still open? Used to go there pre-match, but think it all kicked off last time you were in the Premier League? Cricket Club is great though.

Yeah, the Knights of St. Columbus club (KSC 110) is still open. It gained a bit of fame when Kev McDonald went there to see his family for the second half of the match with Man City after being subbed.

The Cricket Club is the away fan pub and seems to be well liked by all who visit.

Burnley really are a club I've started to hate within in the last 14 months.

I don't particularly mind them but it's the fact their manager, albeit a good one, is an absolute nobhead who has the ultimate small man syndrome and as expected, their fans have all bought into it.

There's no doubting they are underdogs, but I'd be embarrassed if we took their mentality. It isn't like Leicester went into this league as non-underdogs either, and we've actually given it a proper go.

Imagine getting upset over Pearson's comments despite them being pretty much true. We are a better side - how many of them can actually deny that?

Not to mention Lee Hoos. Every cynic's stereotypical yank soccer businessman in every sense. What a nobhead.

Hmm. When you say balanced, what exactly do you mean? You lost £29.7m to 2012, and a further £34m to 2013. Even if you broke even last season (we don't know that yet), then you still have a debt of £63.7m ish. I'm sure I've seen figures of £79m somewhere, but can't be sure.

Did you mean that you are now running a small profit which is eating into that huge debt?

The players mentioned above cost about £4m between them. Hardly breaking the bank, and were balanced out by selling Austin for £4m last year.

Yeah, the Knights of St. Columbus club (KSC 110) is still open. It gained a bit of fame when Kev McDonald went there to see his family for the second half of the match with Man City after being subbed.

The Cricket Club is the away fan pub and seems to be well liked by all who visit.

If you really must come on here spouting out what we owe would you like to go do some homework first.

Like your manager you spout shite with no fact.

We may have made losses but we owe fvck all.

So could you go stick it in your very small pipe and smoke it.

• Like 1

Most of the losses were incurred by the liability from the big contracts and signings Sven made and the fact that some were still contracted to the club, and others had had the cost spread over the term of their contract, this is partly what was written off. 

The point is Nigel has bought wisely and shrewdly, and shipped out the big earners, the effect of the Sven regime is still being felt with the fact we can't sell Paul Gallagher, but it is more or less over, the issue Nigel and everyone else has is that when we beat you with a team that cost very little in terms of money to assemble but a lot of time and effort in scouting and training, and trust from our owners, Dyche's comments were disrespectful. 

Personally I didn't really care what he said, and I don't really care what Nigel said about Burnley, at least they didn't push each other or headbutt anyone, what matters was the result at the end of the 90 minutes (+7 minutes of stoppage time), and that was very disappointing.

Are you just hear to WUM? I don't think anyone can even be bothered to repeatedly re-post the news article whereby LCFC have no debt

I can't remember exactly what was said, but if it was about your financial weight compared with us, including recent purchases or wages, then he likely had a point. Your finances were/are a mess, but you have made great strides to rectify that. You don't get to that state without spending what you can't rightly afford. Like I said, you've been doing everything to sort that, but some of your players are/were well out of our league.

Was it something to do with that?

What has our spending got to do with him and his constant bleating.

He took the Burnley job no one twisted his fvcking arm.

He should have made it his business to find out what he had to spend.

Dyke used our spending to try and break us in the promotion race.

Why has he not come out moaning about the spending of 15 other clubs in the prem?

NP never talks about other clubs players or spending and I have never heard him make comments like he has about you.

Why has he done it? He is praps pissed off with Dyke and his bleating. 

Praps if your own manager grew up a little NP would not make comments about your pissy little club.

to be fair, the owners have stuck a 100 million of their own money in to clear the debt. that is many pound notes but its requirement had nowt to do with pearson. dyche knows this but is defelcting from their strategy by highlighting the fact that we have spent a fortune and they wont 'risk' the future of their club doing the same.  its all politics for the burnley crowd and we really shouldnt be getting involved. its not for our consumption as we know the facts (whereas the burnley supporters dont -  why should they?). nigel, quite rightly, is pissed off with dyche for spouting something he knows not to be true - LCFC have not bought promotion, we bought mid table obscurity in the championship. pearson got us promotion without spending anything significant. nigel has done an incredible job and dyche is dissing it for his own agenda. some of the more respectable journos should do their homework and highlight the truth. trouble is, it wouldnt sell a paper as no one would be interested.

to be fair, the owners have stuck a 100 million of their own money in to clear the debt. that is many pound notes but its requirement had nowt to do with pearson. dyche knows this but is defelcting from their strategy by highlighting the fact that we have spent a fortune and they wont 'risk' the future of their club doing the same.  its all politics for the burnley crowd and we really shouldnt be getting involved. its not for our consumption as we know the facts (whereas the burnley supporters dont -  why should they?). nigel, quite rightly, is pissed off with dyche for spouting something he knows not to be true - LCFC have not bought promotion, we bought mid table obscurity in the championship. pearson got us promotion without spending anything significant. nigel has done an incredible job and dyche is dissing it for his own agenda. some of the more respectable journos should do their homework and highlight the truth. trouble is, it wouldnt sell a paper as no one would be interested.

They have put 100m in cos they pissed it up the wall with Sven.

Had they told MM fvck off we want NP they would not have spent 100m.

Or praps by now they would but we would be a lot better off for it than we are now.

Even so it still has fvck all to do with Dyke how we spend our money.

So he should keep his big fat fvcking ginger nose out of our club and away from NP.

I bet he tries to take his ball away when we play at turd moor probably go get his dad too.

lol