Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

All i know is Burnley and QPR must be odds on to take 2 of the 3 relegation spots which leaves half a dozen teams fighting to stay out of that last spot if that isn't a good situation to be in this season i dont know what is :)

• Like 1

:nigel: Wow, are people still squabbling about what we have/havn't spent?!

Stop biting, stop going over old ground, I said it before i'll say it again justifying it so much seems almost like we have something to hide, they accused us, people have defended us (Rightly so) but then gone on and on and on about, let them believe what they want, we know what we have or havn't spent.

• Like 1

Stop biting, stop going over old ground, I said it before i'll say it again justifying it so much seems almost like we have something to hide, they accused us, people have defended us (Rightly so) but then gone on and on and on about, let them believe what they want, we know what we have or havn't spent.

I don't think it's about the money. I think Nigel is just peeved that having been glowing about Burnley all last season, even after we outclassed them at their place, all Dyche could do was blame it on the money. Dyche had no class, and continues to have no class. Unfortunately, Nige was pulled down to his level on Saturday. I'd be very surprised if it happens again...

What else is there to talk about on a rainy thursday with no football for another fortnight.

Hmm. When you say balanced, what exactly do you mean? You lost £29.7m to 2012, and a further £34m to 2013. Even if you broke even last season (we don't know that yet), then you still have a debt of £63.7m ish. I'm sure I've seen figures of £79m somewhere, but can't be sure.

Did you mean that you are now running a small profit which is eating into that huge debt?

We aren't in debt, we don't owe the owners a penny.

Secondly, we didn't lose £34m in 2013. A large chunk of that included things like interest payments on the owners loan. The loan was converted to equity and thus the payment was never made. The squad value was changed on the books, which shows as a loss but isn't actually money going out the door. Much of is was nothing more than paper shuffling.

The players mentioned above cost about £4m between them. Hardly breaking the bank, and were balanced out by selling Austin for £4m last year..

Shackell £1.1m, Ings £1m, Wallace £2m, Stanislas £1.5 from what I can find... I could go through the whole team.

Dyche moaning about what we've spent after we beat you, would have been like Pearson turning round after the game and moaning about you spending £3m on fletcher. Even though he was no longer there.

Whether you or he likes it or not. The players on the pitch and in the squad for those games didn't cost much more than your own team. Yes previous managers spent money and lots of it. But the players had gone all but for a few, the only things remaining were the financial fall out it it.

I wonder what happened to Bumley's parachute payments for 2010 -2011, 2011-2012 etc., poor bastards. Presumably not used very wisely!

Gravel's not cheap you know. Dyche used to sound like Jimmie Krankie before his daily tonne of sharp sand and grit. Pound notes blown everywhere...

Not really fussed by Burnley either way but it is irritating how they have claimed the title of 'poor little underdogs' this season, regardless of any evidence to the contrary.

I suspect it is partly to justify failure before it happens and also to weaken Leicester by belittling our achievements.

Regarding the latter, they can't.  We had a cracking season last season and have put in some great performances already this season.

In fact, add to the mix a pinch of jealousy.

Edited by Deucalion

How can Burnley fans not realise he says what he says to boost his own reputation in the media.

His football focus interview he described them as the biggest underdogs in Premier League history.

Even if this was true, surely as a Burnley fan you need to question why that's the case? Marvin ****ing sordell? He may not be blessed with many pound notes but the ones that Lee Fat man Hoos prints for him are spent like a ginger monkey on meth

Edited by MattGamble92

Still laugh at the fact they celebrated that draw as if they'd won the Cup Final, then again suppose we did the same against Arsenal

And Everton, and MK Dons, that's what you do when you get an unexpected or last minute draw. There are a lot of things we can criticize Burnley for, but celebrating certainly isn't one of them.

• Like 1

Still laugh at the fact they celebrated that draw as if they'd won the Cup Final, then again suppose we did the same against Arsenal

Any away team would celebrate a last minute equalizer in a similar way

Edit - Already said above

Edited by dogadug

Burnley are like the local fat smelly ginger girl who hangs around the local spa shop offering out BJ's round the back in exchange for cans of no brand cola and packets of crisps.

And the location of this Spar is...?

• Like 1