Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

This discussion really is getting boring. Why on earth are you guys still moaning about shit spoken from both managers. i think i speak on behalf of everyone else on here when i say just shut the fvck up. The Pearson was 100% right thread is closed and rightfully so and now your taking over the do they mean us thread.

Now im all one for a discussion but this has now turned into a pathetic brownie point scoring exercise against both sets of fans whos views clearly differ and will never come to a concensus.

I dont blame the Burnley fans coming on here and defending there club and manager. Fair play to them but seriously its just becoming tedious that its still being spoke about when the game was almost 2 weeks ago and the original comments were last season.

I think we all should just agree to disagree and move on to more important threads.

To all the Burnley fans may i recommend a look in the Chebs thread for some light hearted gazing then a read of the tinder thread for some laughs then once your done gladly piss off

yeah so you're proving my point. the article i read, as i said, was probably wrong. yet the article you read was so correct you joined a different teams forum and are trying to lecture us on how much more you know about our club based on that one, probably wrong, article? nobody knows how much any of our players get paid. more than most burnley players? probably. less than the average premier league wage? definitely. enough to keep us competitive but not too much to put us in the shit like qpr? exactly. 

OK, if you want to believe that a player would take a 50% pay cut and move to another country, turning down Valencia in the process then you do so.  I'll leave you to your delusion.

I didn't join another teams forum to lecture about your own club, I joined this forum because you and others were widely criticising my club and it's manager.  I'll leave it at that, I've said all I've got to say.  Sorry to all that this has descended into such cockwomblery, see you in April.

OK, if you want to believe that a player would take a 50% pay cut and move to another country, turning down Valencia in the process then you do so.  I'll leave you to your delusion.

I didn't join another teams forum to lecture about your own club, I joined this forum because you and others were widely criticising my club and it's manager.  I'll leave it at that, I've said all I've got to say.  Sorry to all that this has descended into such cockwomblery, see you in April.

what a word to bow out on lol  :thumbup:

OK, if you want to believe that a player would take a 50% pay cut and move to another country, turning down Valencia in the process then you do so. I'll leave you to your delusion.

I didn't join another teams forum to lecture about your own club, I joined this forum because you and others were widely criticising my club and it's manager. I'll leave it at that, I've said all I've got to say. Sorry to all that this has descended into such cockwomblery, see you in April.

Imagine being sad enough to care about how much Leicester players are on ffs.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9530318/paul-mersons-premier-league-predictions-round-nine

Merson thinks we'll get smashed. Perhaps we will perform if we are considered to be such massive underdogs :)

I want to know what he thinks of their ground, considering his whole argument for us getting relegated was down to us having a nice stadium lol

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9530318/paul-mersons-premier-league-predictions-round-nine

Merson thinks we'll get smashed. Perhaps we will perform if we are considered to be such massive underdogs :)

yeh i don't listen to merson, said arsenal would win the league and they'd smash us 3-0 in august lol

sc4cww.png

What I like about this photo is that it clearly shows Leicester City above Nottingham Forest (and Torquay - it would seem that the Forest fans are also making unlikely alliances and are making flags to show their 'friendship', and not just t-shirts, stickers, beenies and badges).

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd my point about people lacking an understanding of football finance outside of the headline figures is proven.  Thanks!

Cambiasso - Free Transfer - Signing/Loyalty Bonus ? Appearance Fee ? Weekly Wage - £42,000*

Estimated Cost - £2.5+ million for one season

Albrighton - Free Transfer - Signing/Loyalty Bonus ? Appearance Fee ? - Weekly Wage - £30,000

Estimated Cost - £6.2+ million

Sadly wages are a fact of life whatever job you do.

Praps your tin pot club do not pay players very common in Leicester on park pitches as well.

As I said they were free transfers however I did not realise you were that fvcking stupid I needed to mention the fact we pay them a wage.

Again another person showing significant naivety about football finance...

Certainly Ulloa, Cambiasso and Albrighton will be on more money per week than our wage cap, probably Upson too.  So yes he could have added those players to the comparison but it wouldn't actually have done you any favours, it would have made the gulf in cost even greater.

Can you read... your manager was the one just stating transfer fees. Do you think all your "10 players for £5m" are playing for nothing. Shut up, go away and enjoy coming bottom by a shit load of points.