Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Most of the QPR fans seem to think they will ship 3 past us, only Man Utd have done that.  Both have scored the same but they have conceded 5 more than us.  Regarding the betting site, my mate writes those style of pieces for BWIN.  They are written to wind people up so that you bet or the neutral to boost their accumulator.

It's that diamond that has ****ed our away stats.

It used to be enjoyable to read our stats/look at the table/watch match of the day now I try to avoid it all. Please change this Nigel and friends.

Not really considering the one away game we played it in happened to be one of the games you'd have had down as an almost certain loss anyway.

It's bleak either way. We've been shit away for years with last season being the exception.

Guest Kopfkino

Not really considering the one away game we played it in happened to be one of the games you'd have had down as an almost certain loss anyway.

It's bleak either way. We've been shit away for years with last season being the exception.

That's true. The season before last we only managed 6 away wins I believe and in Pearson's other play off we only scored 21 away from home

http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2014/11/how-supporters-became-the-new-villains-of-modern-football/

Not us specifically but I thought this was a very good read and bang on the money.

Terrific article. Though they didn't start it, I definitely think collectively the fans have some blame right now to take for the state it's gotten into. For every priced out fan who shouts "GET IN" listening to the radio there's a touristy type who stands recording the so called stars after goals.

That's true. The season before last we only managed 6 away wins I believe and in Pearson's other play off we only scored 21 away from home

6 away wins out of 23 games and this is for a side who were pushing for promotion.

Last season was a miracle really. It was just brilliant.

Would argue that.

Sky fvcked our game up they dangled the carrot and the clubs chased it.

Yes we all crave success but the clubs sold our souls. 

Of course but we sustain it.

As the article says despite all the things we might dislike about the current state crowds continue to rise ironically part of the that is due to the pl having 3 new teams every year, we're an example of that until we grow weary of never achieving any thing and crowds dwindle and then we eventually will get relegated only for us to turn up refreshed a few years further on when we again get promoted

DERBY COUNTY: Paul Simpson - Let's follow the example of Leicester City and Burnley

By Burton Mail  |  Posted: November 28, 2014

By Steve Nicholson

8414365-large.jpg

LEADING FROM THE FRONT ... Rams coach Paul Simpson (left) and manager Steve McClaren.

Comments (0)

COACH Paul Simpson says Derby County are keen to follow the example set by Leicester City and Burnley last season.

Leicester and Burnley won automatic promotion after filling the top two places in the Championship for much of the campaign.

They were there to be shot at but handled the pressure and the expectation, in Leicester's case.

Simpson wants Derby to take a leaf from their book.

Victory over Watford at Vicarage Road on Saturday saw the Rams move three points clear at the top.

"Can we stay focused for every game? Can we go and work as hard as possible for every game? Can we challenge ourselves to stay in that top position?" said Simpson.

"We looked enviously last season at Leicester City and Burnley, who were so comfortable in those top two places.

"We kicked ourselves at times that we couldn't really push them hard enough.

"Now, we have got a chance to go and set the pace."

Leicester filled top spot from Boxing Day and stayed at the summit while Burnley rarely slipped out of the top two all season.

"You have to be relentless to stay up there," said Simpson. "Not just in the games on Saturdays or Tuesday nights, but you also have to be relentless in training sessions.

"The Monday and Tuesday work days are so important. Thursday is when we do our real team shape and set plays, and then the final preparations take place on Fridays.

"There has to be total commitment from everybody.

"We have got a very good squad of footballers, a really intelligent group, and we want to go and show that now.

"We won at Watford, the first team to do so in the League, and we go to Leeds this weekend, another tough fixture for us.

"We have to make sure we go there and do the job properly."

Head coach Steve McClaren talks a lot about focus and consistency.

"We don't look at the table – it's November – we just look at each game and get a performance from individuals and the team. That's all we focus on," said McClaren.

"That has got us to where we are and if we keep performing consistently, game to game and during games, we will keep collecting results.

"If we fall below it, we'll get beaten, because this Championship is crazy.

"If we get that consistency of performance, then we know where it will take us.

"There is a long way to go and we are not even thinking about anything other than Leeds this weekend."

Read more: http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/DERBY-COUNTY-Let-s-follow-example-Leicester-City/story-24816311-detail/story.html?#ixzz3KM8Td1sn 

Follow us: @BurtonMailNews on Twitter | BurtonNews on Facebook

Guest Col city fan

Not sure why QPR are being tipped to stay up by most of these pundits anyway, literally the worst team I've seen get promoted.

I hope after today you aren't eating your words..

I don't know if there are many different ways to interpret 1 goal, 1 clean sheet and 5 losses from 6 away games. 

There are many ways to interpet 18 goals against in 12 games, for instance.

I hope after today you aren't eating your words..

I hope after today, you didn't place money on QPR again...

Guest Col city fan

There are many ways to interpet 18 goals against in 12 games, for instance.

I hope after today, you didn't place money on QPR again...

Did you not read the scoreline prediction thread? I waste my breath on you....

I've had a few quid on the draw.