Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

• 1 month later...
Look, I know we didn't play well, but **** a duck, let's give credit where credit is due.  Leicester were really good.

Really really good.

If they play like that consistently then they will comfortably avoid relegation when the season ends.  Hats off to them.

And let's face it, yes we could have been more organised at the back but both their goals were top class.  They may be bottom of the league but that's not the team we faced today.

Yes we should have kept the team the same as on Monday, and yes we should have made better subs and tactical decisions and so on, but we drew today not just because we were poor, but because our opponents were very good.

Agree that they were really good. They seem to have been really unlucky during this season and deserve to stay much higher up in the league table. One could argue that they were unlucky again to take only one point today.

Still, the ref gave us a two-goal lead to defend. At half-time, it was 2-0. That should have been enough to win this game.

one free penalty and another soft one by the ref and we still can't win a match?**** me, what is brendan doing?

We let them play mate, thats why they looked good. The table doesn't lie, they are a poor team and will probably go down. They played us off the park because the bullied us and controlled the midfield, especially in the 2nd half. Someone said earlier, and its quite right, that crosses were not blocked, players were not trying to put their bodies on the line to prevent them playing.

If you're not prepared to at least give 100% in this league then you are always going to drop points like this.

they don't think much of us do they?

Can't read anymore than the first page of that. What a cretinous following stabbing Steven Gerrard in the back and blaming him after everything he's done for their club.

Utter morons.

Can't read anymore than the first page of that. What a cretinous following stabbing Steven Gerrard in the back and blaming him after everything he's done for their club.

Utter morons.

Sorry but our following has been just as bad with Nigel. I seriously despise some of our fans. After everything he has done for us. Edited by z-layrex

Cough Cough! Nigel Pearson.......

Whilst I do do agree you have a good point, I think it's fair to say Gerrard has done more for Liverpool than NP has for us (I'm not Knocking Pearsons work here). He lives and breathes Liverpool and in turning down Chelsea for more money a few seasons back showed an envious amount of loyalty.

His football ability has also single handedly dragged Liverpool through some tough (massive) games- Olympiacos and the West Ham cup final spring to mind.

Afternoon Foxes,

I'm the Stokie who signed up here a few months back to put a more measured set of responses after a few lads signed up and somewhat trolled.

Firstly, I wanted to say I'm really looking forward to our game against you later this month. Unsurprisingly, there's a lot more riding on it than the one earlier this season and I imagine it's going to be an absolute cracker. I imagine Pearson is going to have your boys proper fired up as it's pretty clear that every win counts now. I still think you'll stay up, but you need to recreate that early good form.

Secondly, I was wondering if you could recommend any decent pubs around your way for away fans? I don't normally come onto opposition forums and ask but I found this one to be fairly friendly, so there we go. Me and my pals are coming on the train most likely so anything you can recommend around there or in a taxi away? Preferably somewhere where we won't walk into a hostile blue atmosphere :P

Cheers guys

Edited by StokeFan

Counting house is a nightmare to get served in though (shit staff). If you don't have colours on anywhere in the town centre and you'll be fine. A few places near the station and a few on Belvoir Street and just off it. Standard stuff like slug and lettuce (ask for Beaver street or people will look at you gone out).

Counting house is a nightmare to get served in though (shit staff). If you don't have colours on anywhere in the town centre and you'll be fine. A few places near the station and a few on Belvoir Street and just off it. Standard stuff like slug and lettuce (ask for Beaver street or people will look at you gone out).

It is always rammed, I don't think the staff are that bad it's just impossible to serve everybody quickly.

No colours of course ;)

It is always rammed, I don't think the staff are that bad it's just impossible to serve everybody quickly.

No they really are shit staff. Hate the place, they never look up to see who is there and who has been there the longest.