Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Just had a look at that Oatcake,they have a thread about Kramaric and why they are not in for him,they then go on to say waste of money,and somebody even mentioned that we are all deluded.

Horrible club hope we stuff them

lol, the Oatcake represents probably a similar number of fans as here. It's only a small number mate, a very small number. 

Afternoon Foxes,

I'm the Stokie who signed up here a few months back to put a more measured set of responses after a few lads signed up and somewhat trolled.

Firstly, I wanted to say I'm really looking forward to our game against you later this month. Unsurprisingly, there's a lot more riding on it than the one earlier this season and I imagine it's going to be an absolute cracker. I imagine Pearson is going to have your boys proper fired up as it's pretty clear that every win counts now. I still think you'll stay up, but you need to recreate that early good form.

Secondly, I was wondering if you could recommend any decent pubs around your way for away fans? I don't normally come onto opposition forums and ask but I found this one to be fairly friendly, so there we go. Me and my pals are coming on the train most likely so anything you can recommend around there or in a taxi away? Preferably somewhere where we won't walk into a hostile blue atmosphere :P

Cheers guys

Counting house isn't that bad for getting served imo. Was busy for Arsenal, united and spurs but for the smaller clubs (no offence) its alright. Massive game as you say

Doesn't the hind across the road from station still house away fans?

Yes they do and they've spent a shed load of money on it as well.I think there struggling to get rid of it's old image though which is a shame.As an away fan id much rather drink in there rather than the Counting House which is a bit soulless IMO.

Ditto. Though our support for Pearson yesterday was magnificent. And he appreciated it

Yeah, this is something I noticed. Not sure how early you got into Anfield, but when the players came out for their pre match warm up Nige came out too (I've noticed he's been doing that lately at away games) and looked like he really appreciated his name being sung. 

As others have said, the Counting House is the best place for away folk. I went into Spur before Newcastle and there were plenty of Geordies in there too - not the best pint, but right next to the ground and nice enough folk in there.

Well it was dead against Burnley, Sunderland and West Brom

Fair enough.

Those games against Burnley, Sunderland and WBA were all Saturday 3pm kick offs.

I'm guessing it was busy for the others (Arsenal, Man U, Spurs) because they were on Sundays or Bank Holidays rather than because they are bigger clubs. They all bring the same number of away fans regardless.

Fair enough.

Those games against Burnley, Sunderland and WBA were all Saturday 3pm kick offs.

I'm guessing it was busy for the others (Arsenal, Man U, Spurs) because they were on Sundays or Bank Holidays rather than because they are bigger clubs. They all bring the same number of away fans regardless.

Yeah you're right

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Had a good day out on the whole (no intention to rub it in there) had some good banter with you lot in Yates and also Wetherspoons and also in a pub near De Montfort Uni next to the canal with an outside area little looking over it. Yes we had the discussion about whether sober we could swim across... a unanimous no on that one ;)

Cheers guys, good luck for the rest of the season. Still not convinced you'll go down... so I'll stick with my comments from our earlier match that you will probably stay up.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Had a good day out on the whole (no intention to rub it in there) had some good banter with you lot in Yates and also Wetherspoons and also in a pub near De Montfort Uni next to the canal with an outside area little looking over it. Yes we had the discussion about whether sober we could swim across... a unanimous no on that one ;)

Cheers guys, good luck for the rest of the season. Still not convinced you'll go down... so I'll stick with my comments from our earlier match that you will probably stay up.

Soar Point!

Glad you had a good day, wish I could say the same!!! Perhaps if we stay up we can play with when we have a fit midfield next time lol

I would rather you stay up than QPR, or a number of the London teams tbh. Love the local away days. Not quite a derby, bit too far on that front, but a cracking day out all the same.

Shame it all got a bit messy on the way back, seemed to be some trouble at Leicester station, then Derby station  :rolleyes: took me about 4 hours to get home in the end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...