Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Anyone read the Sunday Mirror match report about the game last night?

Shocking journalism IMO.

Can't find a link online though

yep was going to write it down word for word...but left it at my nans

in the same paper, their chief football writer said we were buying the title, david james said we were buying the title and i think steve bull did as well.

****.the.mirror.

Rod Liddle wants us to fail, Sunday Times today.

I love supporting a team people don't like.

It's rather fun.

I love all the bitterness, genuinely hilarious.

yep was going to write it down word for word...but left it at my nans

in the same paper, their chief football writer said we were buying the title, david james said we were buying the title and i think steve bull did as well.

****.the.mirror.

These kind of comments really piss me off. its quite rare that any team becomes successful without investing into the club/playing staff.

Last season Leicester were trying to loan their way to the title.

Now its Leicester are trying to buy their way to the title.

What next? "Look at Leicester, trying to win their way to the title!"

Wankërs

• Like 1

These kind of comments really piss me off. its quite rare that any team becomes successful without investing into the club/playing staff.

Wankërs

:crylaugh:

What page is that on? Il write it word for word now

the match report is on the top right of the penultimate page. david james comment is in the championship pullout section and the bull comment doesn't exist im pretty confident it was someone else saying it now

The Sunday Mirror Report

Real-ity Check

Jose Mourinho's R madrid simply outclassed SGEs Leicester at the King Power Stadium last night.

Eriksson, with the backing of the clubs new Thai owners has brought in 9 players since mid June. But all the 32188 capacity crowd could do was sit back and admire a Spanish masterclass.

Goals by Callejon and Benezma gave the visitors victory in the Foxes final outing before the Championship opener at Coventry on Saturday.

Lloyd Dyer pulled a goal back at the end for City but they were, for the most part, outclassed.

Cristiano Ronaldo, who came on for Real at half time was booed to high heaven"

Its the headline that does it for me. It was Real Madrid ffs. Anyone with half a brain cell (regardless of who they support) should be able to that this piece of journalism is just lazy at best.

(just seen on the same page that Eastwood may be injured for Saturday)

Wankërs

:crylaugh:

I know! "No! You're not allowed to be successful unless you only use sh*t players, have a sh*t manager and do it with no money! Scumbags!"

I'm really enjoying being a fan of a club that everyone seems to hate at the moment. It's weird, but I like it. Got to go - I have to wipe the caviar and Dom Perignon off my top hat with a swan's neck.

Tbh I find it utterly pathetic, the amount of hatred were getting for spending money to try and win promotion, which correct me if I'm wrong on this is the whole point of this league. I'd like to hear David James say that if bristols owners actually did something with the money so many brizzle fans think/know they have.

13 pages about us on the Forest forum!, and here is me thinking they did not care about us lol

lol Did you read the bit where a Leicester fan replied to a F*rest fan saying "To be honest, I really don't care about Leicester" with, "You should put that on your club's badge."?

• Like 3

lol Did you read the bit where a Leicester fan replied to a F*rest fan saying "To be honest, I really don't care about Leicester" with, "You should put that on your club's badge."?

Yes that was very funny while also true. Does seem to be fast becoming their club slogan with the amount of times they post it.

Edited by darko2k7

Anyone read the Sunday Mirror match report about the game last night?

Shocking journalism IMO.

Can't find a link online though

Agree truly shocking. No acknowlegement of Leicesters Contribution to the game. The article was written by Anthony Clavane who apparently supports Leeds United. Mind you should read Michael Calvins comments about trying to buy the league with overpriced players. The guy hates Erikson mind you he also hates clubs using money to buy success he had dig at Crawley Town as well.

Tbh I find it utterly pathetic, the amount of hatred were getting for spending money to try and win promotion, which correct me if I'm wrong on this is the whole point of this league. I'd like to hear David James say that if bristols owners actually did something with the money so many brizzle fans think/know they have.

At the end of the day as the long as the owners don't mess up and leave us in the lurch if things go (It could happen but hopefully won't) they can do what they like they aren't doing anything illegal. Everyone moans about overpriced players but the stands aren't exactly empty are they?

Edited by vanfox12

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/137075-fed-up-with-east-midland-clubs/

On the Brizzle boards, they've created a thread slagging off all the East Midlands clubs for some reason. Comedy gold.

haha i'm from the south west and live in bristol.

brizzle city fans are some of the worst i've met. very distorted view of their success, will bang on about a win over scunny for weeks. fact is though their isn't anyone else to hate down hear (apart from the welsh) so i guess they got to find foes further afield.