Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Damning article but a fair reflection. This 5-3-2, 3-5-2, 5-4-1 or whatever you want to call it is the f**king pits. Pearson needs to pull his head out of the sand and go at teams with the same intensity as we had within the first 5 games of the season.

We spent the first three games camped on the edge of our box ???

We spent the first three games camped on the edge of our box ???

People tend to forget that when they moan about formations. Everton outplayed us, Arsenal we had under 30% possession, Stoke was the most undeserved 3 points I have ever seen and United was just a complete one off. I would suggest we have actually played better in the games we have lost such as Liverpool away, Spurs at home, Arsenal away than the early season games where we picked up the points. 

All that proves is what people can't seem to accept is that we do not have a team good enough at this level no matter what formation or style of play we adopt. Villa situation is incomparable for me though. Looking through their squad they have proven Premier League quality (Benteke, Agbonglahor, Delph, Vlaar, Guzan etc.) We have only really added Premier League experience in the last couple of months and it is that period from October to December which has relegated us. Blame Pearson for not bringing the quality in the Summer (if he was able) but I don't think with the squad we have many managers would keep us up.

If we get a result i'm going to personally bombard that **** with tweets.

Pathetic journalism, using Betway's readers to vent personal frustrations.

"He is fond of those dramatic pauses ahead (or in the middle) of sentences that are built up to sound profound but turn out to be bog-standard cliches."

Bog standard cliches? Do you not find that slightly hypocritical? Considering half of your blog contains them?

The article is pretty long but doesn't say much other than we are currently not good enough and things may (or may not) have been different if we'd changed manager.

This season will go down as more disappointing than when we were relegated to league one. The right additions and we could have pushed on. We might deserve a few more points than we have but it's not 10s of points and whatever points you give us you have to take the stoke points off at least.

The article is pretty long but doesn't say much other than we are currently not good enough and things may (or may not) have been different if we'd changed manager.

This season will go down as more disappointing than when we were relegated to league one. The right additions and we could have pushed on. We might deserve a few more points than we have but it's not 10s of points and whatever points you give us you have to take the stoke points off at least.

And Hull away.

I'd guess every team can tell us about hard luck stories on letting points slip.

Everything reverts to the mean eventually and at this stage of the season there's a reason why the best teams are near the top and the worst teams are near the bottom.

And Hull away.

I'd guess every team can tell us about hard luck stories on letting points slip.

Everything reverts to the mean eventually and at this stage of the season there's a reason why the best teams are near the top and the worst teams are near the bottom.

Agree, 'luck' only extends so far

Why? Are our owners ****ing off, selling the stadium we own, dismantling the state of the art youth and training facilities, selling off the successful youth players we have, and are they taking any hope of a future away from us?

I guess you are right, I need to find some perspective, and take off these shit-tinted glasses I wear. Our current situation is totally fooked!

How depressing. Have to say I'm actually ashamed I support Leicester.

Don't be ashamed of Leicester, ashamed of pearson demeanour, ego and antic's, but he's not Leicester city, the club is bigger than him, and the club will still be here, when he's long gone.

Loss of perspective alert!!!

No chance. This season has been bad (and strange) but you can't get more disappointing than relegation to the third tier for the first time ever.

Rubbish. We had a long proud history of avoiding that league and went down with a points tally that would have been around 14th most other seasons. This season's been painful to watch but at least it's the top flight and even the most optimistic fan would say there was always a chance we'd fvck it up

Rubbish. We had a long proud history of avoiding that league and went down with a points tally that would have been around 14th most other seasons. This season's been painful to watch but at least it's the top flight and even the most optimistic fan would say there was always a chance we'd fvck it up

Very painful, the season was always going to be a struggle, I am a realist, some say negative.

Just expected a lot better fight of it than this, burnley will probably go down with us, but can go down with their heads held high, little investment, but are having a real go at it.

Where us, and I don't know if it's because it's my club, and I'm emotional involved, but if feels we are just slipping away, without giving it a go.

I would love pearson to get some great results and get us looking like we could get out of it, but it's just the same story every week.

There's a lot of talk on this forum about how Pearson is ruining the club, bringing it into disrepute, turning us into a laughing stock, etc.

You do realise that barely anyone outside of our fan-base sees it that way, right? 

A few articles / programmes have made small mention of the media hiccups. A few mates have mentioned that Pearson seems to be under pressure and acting slightly weird. A few people are a little surprised that we've not done better this season.

But NOBODY is making anywhere near of a bigger deal of it than our own fans on this forum. Those looking to find every tiny little thing to nitpick at. On here it's perceived to be the end of the world, everyone is laughing at us, we're a joke.

But really - nobody is doing that, nobody is really laughing at us, we've not turned into a joke. 

Most people seem to be of the opinion that we've been unlucky, we've played well, lacked a little quality. 

Honestly, it comes off as being very paranoid and a bit weird - the way some posters on this forum think others perceive our club. Strange indeed. 

• Like 4

InThe Guardian's football email, The Fiver, there has been a recent exchange of letters about the best white wine to drink with turbot (don't ask, it's too complicated). Anyway, in response to someone saying Chardonnay is too sweet, there was this letter in yesterday's edition:

“If Roger Perry really was a sommelier pedant he would know that Chardonnay is always dry, and never sweet – if you will, the Nigel Pearson of the wine cellar – and would go very well with the inauspiciously named turbot”

Now there's someone who knows his wine, and his Nigel Pearson.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. Really interesting to read the Sunderland forum. I feel quite positive after that!

And I thought the majority on here were negative tossers!

Looks like the Sunderland fans fancy our chances in the main and envy the way we're playing.

They sound doomed to me!

That's what having momentum or not does to fans, and it rubs off across the club. I would personally much rather be in our position than any of the 4 teams above us.

I agree and so do the betting markets.

According to them we're the least likely club to be relegated out the bottom five, only marginal but the least likely all the same.