Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I think the weird Burnley rivalry thing has only came about this season after Pearson slagged them off, and Dyche slagged us off.

Last season after the 2-0 win at Turf Moor the Burnley fans were fine and actually applauded our supporters coaches as we drove past lol

I was under the impression that was a very sarcastic, bitter clap. Could be wrong.

Le Tiss of death?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11712/9820362/matt-le-tissier-provides-his-verdict-on-who-will-face-relegation

Leicester

28 points, -17 goal difference, Sky Bet relegation odds – 5/2

“Leicester are the ones I think will get out of it now given their three wins on the bounce. I fancy them to beat Burney and then they’ve got three of their last four at home, which is a massive advantage. I guess two more wins will be enough, one of which will be this weekend and then they have great chances against Sunderland, Newcastle and QPR. I’d actually expect them to get nine points at least from those, which will see them to stay up.”

Le Tiss’ verdict: Stay up

hope hes right

I wish people would stop tempting fate.

This.

Even though it isn't a vital game tomorrow, if we lose we could be back in the thick of it. Burnley are going to fancy this game as the one to start turning their form around in and in a game like this results and stats could mean very little. We need our boys to give their best and use the momentum because it sure as hell won't be an easy game. It's about time we stop writing off the teams 2 points below us and those ahead of us!

I like Dyche, I like Nige. I bet they have a pint after the game and laugh at the fans crying into their cornflakes about comments they make.

Why? He's small time and constantly makes excuses before he's even played.

Dyche is a good manager who gets the best out of players. Can't knock his mangerial abilities despite the excuse making.

Dyche and Pearson might be different characters and media types but they both speak positively and in upbeat tones. Steve Bruce, for example, always seem to focus on negatives and hoping that other sides will be worse. This could be crucial in the run-in.

Mark Lawrencene has us to lose this week! :(

Good, love it when pundits write us off.

As for Dyche, I have no hard feelings against him whatsoever. He's done a great job at Burnley and has a bit of character.

He's voice however still grates with me pardon the pun.

Just read this on the burnley forum 

'Hearing rumours that Sordell might be starting tomorrow? I imagine for Vokes? The reasoning is because they feel his pace could trouble there very slow defenders'

To be fair, De Laet and Schlupp are well known for being slow...

'Hearing rumours that Sordell might be starting tomorrow? I imagine for Vokes? The reasoning is because they feel his pace could trouble there very slow defenders'

But we've been playing with Huth, Morgan and Wasilewski, not De Laet and Schlupp as fall backs........ :huh::unsure:

Edited by DB11

And Was, apparently he's the 3rd slowest in the league

And Was, apparently he's the 3rd slowest in the league

if they play someone quick, defence will just drop deeper. the game will be stretched as they will also want to do likewise against vardy. there will be more spaces to operate in between the lines. ergo - better for us.

"Great managers don't play mind games - they don't need to.

Pearson on the other hand, is probably just playing mind games."

So if Dyche is such a great manager.... What Must it say about Pearson who lead us to a league title over the mighty Burnley last season?

"Great managers don't play mind games - they don't need to.

Pearson on the other hand, is probably just playing mind games."

So if Dyche is such a great manager.... What Must it say about Pearson who lead us to a league title over the mighty Burnley last season?

We bought the league, don't you remember?