Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I wish people would stop tempting fate.

Fate has got a bloody tough paradox tomorrow! Their are plenty of people on the Burnley forum tempting fate the other way....

This is why I don't believe that fate is a something that can be tempted.

Imma go walk to the shops and I definitely wont be hit by a car on the way................ Bring it on fate!

PS... Burnley 0 - 6 Leicester

Fate has got a bloody tough paradox tomorrow! Their are plenty of people on the Burnley forum tempting fate the other way....

This is why I don't believe that fate is a something that can be tempted.

Imma go walk to the shops and I definitely wont be hit by a car on the way................ Bring it on fate!

PS... Burnley 0 - 6 Leicester

RIP Benthefoxface  :cry:

Why? He's small time and constantly makes excuses before he's even played.

Stuff like this 

Quite a laid back funny guy in his interviews and press conferences. Gets a team working hard and achieves decent results. Likeable enough bloke if you seperate yourself from the default Leicester standpoint of he's a dick ( © Scouseh ;p )

Stuff like this

Quite a laid back funny guy in his interviews and press conferences. Gets a team working hard and achieves decent results. Likeable enough bloke if you seperate yourself from the default Leicester standpoint of he's a dick ( © Scouseh ;p )

If Nigel did that most people would still call him a ****.

I like Dyche, I like Nige. I bet they have a pint after the game and laugh at the fans crying into their cornflakes about comments they make.

I honestly don't think Pearson likes him.

Dunno if this has been posted (cba to trawl through the thread) but could this utter **** be any more unbearable?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32446322

It's seriously astonishing that people like him outside of Burnley. He's got excuses for everything.

Jesus. When's he going to stop banging on about it? Couldn't he at least come up with a different way of dealing his underdog card?

Dyche is a good manager who gets the best out of players. Can't knock his mangerial abilities despite the excuse making.

Dyche and Pearson might be different characters and media types but they both speak positively and in upbeat tones. Steve Bruce, for example, always seem to focus on negatives and hoping that other sides will be worse. This could be crucial in the run-in.

Exactly THIS.

Unlike some, I like all 3 managers, but Bruce like you mentioned, does tend to hang too much on the negative.

One reason maybe why Hull has struggled this season.

"Great managers don't play mind games - they don't need to.

Pearson on the other hand, is probably just playing mind games."

So if Dyche is such a great manager.... What Must it say about Pearson who lead us to a league title over the mighty Burnley last season?

I wonder how they plan to tell brian clough, sir Alex and mourinho that they aren't great managers... Every manager plays mind games to some degree, what the hell do they think gravel throats pound note market comments are all about?

Just read this on the burnley forum

'Hearing rumours that Sordell might be starting tomorrow? I imagine for Vokes? The reasoning is because they feel his pace could trouble there very slow defenders'

To be fair, De Laet and Schlupp are well known for being slow...

Mind games? Fighting fire with fire, well played Sean, well played

Stuff like this

"It's Sean Dyche, the manager of Burnley"

"Sorry?"

"I said it's Sean Dy-"

"I heard what you said son, I'm just sorry."

• Like 3

boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1∣=2110080167#0BQQ4dfI5IqjZ6WA.97

In one of their other threads the Burnley fans were banging on about how obsessed we are with them and how negatively we speak about them......

Deary me.

As you would expect, what pearson said about Burnley back in September really struck a nerve. NP should not have said that, it was extremely unprofessional. However, he was on the money. We are a bigger club by far and we are a better team with better fans. Our ground is far superior to theirs and our training ground is probably leagues above theirs. That said, NP hasn't done us any favours. They will throw everything at us to beat us today and the confidence or lack of won't be an issue, their players, staff and fans will all be together in their quest to send NP home with egg on his face. I just hope our superior quality shines through.