Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

PL I think, did it in the 60s I think.

Top flight. 1966

That's what I thought, I hate it when these pundits, bloggers etc think that football only started with Sky.

That's what I thought, I hate it when these pundits, bloggers etc think that football only started with Sky.

It is odd, they've seemed to have almost censored the top league records before the Premier League and started again. Perhaps to prove a point that it's a different entity to the old First Division? Strange really.

28 09.02.1963 Division One (old) H Arsenal 2 - 0 3

29 12.02.1963 Division One (old) H Everton 3 - 1 3

30 19.02.1963 Division One (old) A Nottingham Forest 2 - 0 2

31 23.02.1963 Division One (old) H Ipswich Town 3 - 0 2

32 02.03.1963 Division One (old) A Liverpool 2 - 0 2

33 09.03.1963 Division One (old) H Blackburn Rovers 2 - 0 2

It is odd, they've seemed to have almost censored the top league records before the Premier League and started again. Perhaps to prove a point that it's a different entity to the old First Division? Strange really.

Add to that pundits' insistence on using the term "this league" or "this competition" instead of "football" to say things like "this league can throw out lots of surprises" as though there's something about the specific competition which adds a new element to the global rules of football.  I don't think I've followed a single competition where variations of this line haven't been uttered at some point.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 1

"I reckon we'll draw 0-0. They don't have good enough strikers and the likes of Vardy and Ulloa are getting them by, but they're very poor up front. That said, they're organised and will probably outplay us all game, but I don't see why we can't keep it at 0-0 (even with Willo and Colo at the back)."

How many goals have we scored recently? 

"I reckon we'll draw 0-0. They don't have good enough strikers and the likes of Vardy and Ulloa are getting them by, but they're very poor up front. That said, they're organised and will probably outplay us all game, but I don't see why we can't keep it at 0-0 (even with Willo and Colo at the back)."

I wish fans of other teams would do their research before posting comments. All the time, I see people say things that aren't true about us. Like a Stoke fan yesterday on reddit saying Ulloa & Kramaric cost us 20m and have only scored 6 goals between them. 

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/one_minute_in_a_game_of_football_860598/index.shtml

The second half started with one of the referees giving Leicester a very soft free kick and the other referee actually taking it.

I didn't know our game would be subject to an experiment, but as the_quoon said on the message board last night, Leicester's Esteban Cambiasso. the former Argentine international and Inter Milan midfielder, was having more influence on the decision making than Taylor.

For clarity, it was Taylor that gave this one and Cambiasso who took the kick, which found some of the Leicester fans in the stand.

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

Edited by talking_goldfish

burnley aside that couldn't be more wrong a view. 

spurs, west ham, west brom & some of swansea were the most open games i've seen in a while, hence scores like 2-1 (missed pen and post hit, could've been about 7-4), 3-2, 3-4 etc. we can score and until the last two games we couldn't defend. 

"solid but very poor up front" lol