Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Jose Mourinho HAILS Leicester City's Esteban Cambiasso and backs Foxes to beat relegation

JOSE MOURINHO has heaped praise on Leicester City midfielder Esteban Cambiasso, who was an integral part of his 'golden team' at Inter Milan.

By DAVID WRIGHT

PUBLISHED: 13:06, Mon, Apr 27, 2015

| UPDATED: 13:39, Mon, Apr 27, 2015

fb.png

tw.png

g.png

m.png

sh.png

c.png

Esteban-Cambiasso-573225.jpgGETTY[/size]

Jose Mourinho hails Leicester midfielder Esteban CambiassoMourinho guided Inter to a famous treble in the 2009/10 season, winning the Serie A, Coppa Italia and Champions League.

The Portuguese tactician believes Cambiasso was key to his success in Italy and remains a 'phenomenal' player at the age of 34 for Leicester.

"I won the treble with Cambiasso," Mourinho said. "He belongs to my golden team, was fundamental in my golden team.

"He's one of the players who means a lot to me, and he's been phenomenal for them. I'm very happy for him.

expresssport24apr15.jpg

He's one of the players who means a lot to me, and he's been phenomenal for them

Jose Mourinho

"Next season, for sure, he will play for Leicester in the Premier League again."

The Blues travel to the King Power Stadium on Wednesday to face the Foxes, who are enjoying a run of four wins.

A fifth straight victory could lift Nigel Pearson's side to 15th in the standings and four points clear of the drop, and Mourinho believes they have a good chance staying up.

Jose-Mourinho-281324.jpgGETTY[/size]

Jose Mourinho won the treble with Esteban Cambiasso at Inter MilanMourniho added: "I think Leicester are playing well, have good players, lots of players... Theirs is a good squad, with two players in every position from goalkeeper to strikers. 

"They have options for every position, are playing well, have more home games than away games left. They are playing away against teams in the same area of the table as they are.

"The Chelsea game is a match they have in hand. QPR and Burnley have played 34 already. 

"So their situation is very good. For the quality of their team, I think they are going to survive, yes.”

So I take that as 'I'm mates with cambiasso, not forgetting that Walsh chap and we'll throw this one to help you stay up we've as good as won the league anyway, and you play in blue. See ya next year'. Am I reading between the lines a bit too much.

So I take that as 'I'm mates with cambiasso, not forgetting that Walsh chap and we'll throw this one to help you stay up we've as good as won the league anyway, and you play in blue. See ya next year'. Am I reading between the lines a bit too much.

No Jose is a closet Fox.

Mou up to his old tricks or just speaking his mind..?

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Jose-Mourinho-Leicester-City-certain-stay-Premier/story-26395977-detail/story.html

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is certain that Leicester City will be playing in the Premier League next season.

The Portuguese boss brings his side to the King Power Stadium on Wednesday night with one hand on the title, but admits he was bemused by City's poor form earlier in the campaign.

"I was surprised by their bad position," he said. "But I am not surprised they are out of the relegation zone now and I will not be surprised when they stay in the division.

"We played them very early in the season at Stamford Bridge (a 2-0 defeat for City) and I immediately saw the quality of the team."

Leicester have unshackled themselves from the bottom three after winning four top flight matches on the bounce for the first time since the halcyon days of 1966.

Although City boss Nigel Pearson remains wary that careless talk costs points, perhaps wisely so after spending 140 days at the foot of the Premier League table, Mourinho said Leicester have a superior squad to their relegation rivals.

"I think that, yes," he added. "They have lots of players, that squad is a good squad.

"You look at them and they have two players for every position, starting with the goalkeeper and finishing in the striker position.

"I think their situation is very good. They have options in every position, more home games than away games, and they play the teams in the same area as them in the table.

"Chelsea is an extra game for them, so their situation is very good. For the quality of that team, I think they are going to survive."

Mourinho is also looking forward to an overdue reunion with former Inter Milan midfielder Esteban Cambiasso, who helped him lift the Champions League in 2010.

The Argentinian has proved to be the brains to City's brawn, orchestrating affairs assuredly in the centre, as Pearson's troops continue to haul themselves clear from danger.

When asked if he plans on catching up with Cambiasso after the match, the Blues boss used the opportunity to instead heap praise on the 34-year-old's shoulders.

"Of course, I won the treble with Cambiasso," said Mourinho. "He belongs to my golden team at Inter.

"He is one of the players who means a lot for me. He has been phenomenal for them so I am very happy for him.

"When Inter renovated their team, for the worse, maybe he felt that it wasn't his Inter anymore.

"Next season, if he wants to, he will play with Leicester in the Premier League, for sure."
Edited by mhs123

Deary me: 

the sight of the Leicester boss exuberantly celebrating on the Turf Moor pitch at full time was every Burnley fan’s worst nightmare going into this game.

Seriously? Worse than losing some of your best players due to injury? Worse than being bottom of the table? Worse than Sean Dyche's constant "market leader" quotes? Worse than Burnley's home attendance?

lol

Hehe, does Mourinho know something we don't

Mourinho is a smart kid - but just like Pearson, to many he's a bit like marmite. You either love or hate him.

If you look past his acrid sense of humour and his dry media personality, he is indeed a football genius.

There's an important match tonight. Leicester's game in hand has been dismissed as an advantage because it's against Chelsea.

However because of Mourinho's dislike of us and as they are ten points clear at the top with 5 to play, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be happy with being ten points clear with 4 to play.

That Burnley forum always cracks me up, they've got some of the best trolls on the internet.

"They wan't to kill us but yeah we are ready for that". Someone needs to formally introduce this boy to Wasilewski.

They'll be introduced in less than 3 hours time, don't you worry ;)

http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/what-if-football-managers-ruled-the-country/3118

lol

Nigel Pearson

After staging a military coup, Pearson pumped funding into Trident and beefing up the armed forces in the early stages of his dictatorship. His FOAD ("F**k Off And Die") approach to international relations led to just the 37 wars during his reign. Still, all hail our Supreme Leader...

• Like 4

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/27876-leicester-city-vs-chelsea-pl-29042015-ko-1945-gmt/

Most of their posters seem to think along the same lines... Don't underestimate us.

We have to be careful, Leicester are in good form and showed against Burnley (okay, admittedly not the most potent attacking force in the league, especially in the absence of both Vokes and Barnes) that they are as capable of defending deep as they are of going on the attack. We certainly shouldn't treat this as a done deal; we shouldn't be complacent despite getting four points and two clean sheets out of Arsenal and Man Utd, the title isn't [technically] won just yet.

I think ultimately if we can nullify Cambiasso we will be able to disrupt their effectiveness in possession quite effectively. They do quite frequently play it long; Schmeichel's goal kicks are almost invariably aimed at Ulloa, with Vardy closing down the back four with his relentless stamina, then again Ulloa tends to come off after about an hour or so. Albrighton has also earned a place in the team on the right, he offers a threat with his frankly impeccable crossing (an increasing rarity in the modern game), and has even developed the stamina to play as a wing-back. He seems like a bit of a throwback, a reminder of the Beckham-style wide men who rely on their delivery as opposed to their pace.

Their back three/four is quite seriously lacking in pace; a combination of Huth, Morgan and one of Wasilewski and Upson are imperious in the air, but very vulnerable to pace and clever running. I think we should also target their right side as well; they will be starting one of Konchesky and Schlupp at left back, both of whom are total liabilities.

In terms of our selection, I suppose our key issues are the lack of centre forwards and Oscar's apparently head injury. Drogba seems to be capable of at least a half; I wouldn't really want to start him as I think it would play into the hands of Morgan and Huth, who are both strong in the air, but I can't imagine José will give Solanke the start. We certainly shouldn't resort to pinging the ball long from goal kicks as it likely won't meet its target.

If they do start with three at the back, playing a single striker would in theory be the best way of take advantage, leaving their two spare players both as centre backs, neither of whom are particularly good on the ball. Although this isn't ideal, with the players we have available, Drogba would probably be the best man to physically occupy their centre backs, even if he ultimately has little actual role in our actual possession, acting almost as a decoy.

Playing Hazard (or Fabregas) up top would likely nullify him; I think he should start on the right to best take advantage of their weakness on the left of defence. The obvious replacement on the left would be Willian, although I would start him in the centre in order to put pressure on their midfield (particularly Cambiasso, who dictates their play). My instinct would be to play Rémy on the left, which obviously isn't an option, therefore I think this might be a good opportunity to give Cuadrado a go.

Therefore I would go for this:

-----------------------Courtois

Ivanovic--------Cahill-----Terry-------Azpilicueta

----------------Fabregas----Matic

-------Hazard--------Willian-------Cuadrado

-----------------------Drogba

Bench:

Cech, Luis, Zouma, Mikel, Ramires, Brown, Solanke

Not a bad comment really but he works at the KP on match days.

Think that chelski forum is one of the best I have ever been on and considering they hated us 30yrs ago lol lol

Burnley fans reaction to Pearson Chelsea post-match interview walk out

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2110065258

It must be fun living with him:

wife: what would you like for tea Nige

Nige: have you had your head in the sand.

Wife: numb silence

Nige: You must be incredibly silly or stupid.

Wife: in tears

Nige: Don't you know? Where have you been the last six months?

Nige gets up and storms off.

lol