Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Leave or get sacked? Would be a bit weird to sack him now imo...

Yes I agree and this isn't something I strongly feel will happen, but I don't find the idea of Pearson and the Thais sitting down at the end of the season and "mutually" agreeing to take the club in another direction completely out of the realms of possibility.

Yes I agree and this isn't something I strongly feel will happen, but I don't find the idea of Pearson and the Thais sitting down at the end of the season and "mutually" agreeing to take the club in another direction completely out of the realms of possibility.

I get the same feeling.

Tbh Newcastle could do worse than someone like Nige, he'd clear out all of the wasters and time servers.

Edited by Webbo

I get the same feeling.

Tbh Newcastle could do worse than someone like Nige, he'd clear out all of the wasters and time servers.

Me too, I've felt this since the phantom sacking in that it was agreed that Pearson would complete the season and then move on. Of course this is when most thought we were doomed.

Their seems to be an air around the place that's difficulty to pin down.

I'm not certain I don't agree with the idea, as long as it's executed in the correct way.

By that I mean, that it's done in a timely manner after the season ends, Pearson is allowed to sit down and have his say on the matter before it happens, an appropriate manager is identified and secured swiftly but isn't sat in the stands for Pearson's last game.

Win 5 in 6 and we're getting rid of the manager now!?

I just get the feeling he might leave, mutual consent. No proof, no inside knowledge, just a feeling.

That would be absolutely insane. If we stay up, Pearson and his players (and they are, almost to a man, his players) will have learned a lot from a hard-fought year in the Premier League, and players like Vardy, Drinkwater, King, Mahrez and Schlupp will be ready to push on to the next level - just like they did last season. Players like Kramaric and Ulloa will only get better, and we have some great talent coming through the Academy. Keep Pearson and we will be up there in the top half all season.

I'm not sure we'd be top half all season if Pearson stays. The position we finish in next season if we stay up doesn't bother me. What I'd like to see is us with more points on the board. If we stay up this year with 36 say then next year I'd like to see us go past the 40 mark. That's progression even if it doesn't change the position we finish.

I just get the feeling he might leave, mutual consent. No proof, no inside knowledge, just a feeling.

I can't see him leaving unless it's for a bigger club, which is unlikely. I doubt he'd be interested in a sideways step after spending so long building what he has here.

And I think if the owners wanted to sack him they would have done it already, they've had ample opportunities from both on and off the field matters.

Win 5 in 6 and we're getting rid of the manager now!?

My thoughts are Pearson leaving of his own accord, it's just an unsubstantiated feeling, I hope I'm way off the mark.

I can't see him leaving unless it's for a bigger club, which is unlikely. I doubt he'd be interested in a sideways step after spending so long building what he has here.

And I think if the owners wanted to sack him they would have done it already, they've had ample opportunities from both on and off the field matters.

Some of his behaviour this season has been bizarre to say the least, the pressure on him must be immense. I can't imagine he's enjoyed it much. If he did want to leave I don't think the owners would try to stop him. Just a feeling though.