Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

If it did happen I can't see them replacing him with the likes of Dyche I think they'd be tempted back towards a Sven type appointment but someone with some Pl pedigree.

Michael laudrup??

Maybe, attract known players.

I'd  be happy for Pearson  to carry on his overall club revolution.

If it did happen I can't see them replacing him with the likes of Dyche I think they'd be tempted back towards a Sven type appointment but someone with some Pl pedigree.

I doubt that will happen, really. I'm sure the owners will be very wary of repeating the Sousa/Sven era.

Think I said it last year that Pearson is moulded for the Newcastle job if Pardew ever left. Carver's very poor management skills along with the shite Pardew's had to endure makes Pearson look like a genius. Perhaps they've been unlucky with injuries and with Riviere not striking, they lack a Remy character. With Pardew last season they lost 7 of their last 8 games, so their collapse isn't new territory for the squad.

As for Pearson leaving, I don't think so. Only way he's going to leave is by being sacked - and the owners won't do that unless they have a man that can take Leicester higher up the table be it in the Prem or the Champ; they wouldn't risk stagnating the clubs development as a global brand and football club, seems like they have a lot riding on our success and stature within the game and Pearson's becoming a global icon, perhaps for the wrong reasons.

If Newcastle are lucky enough to escape the drop which they should do, I think Ashley needs to replace Carver with a manager who demands respect and discipline by his players who play for their own pride and for the fans. If they can't get the top dogs he wants to come then Pearson may actually be tempted to go there if he's allowed to shake the squad up.. just a thought.

Don't know where all of this talk about Pearson leaving has come from when there has been no indication whatsoever that this is likely to happen. I can only suspect that someone is trying to destabilise this fantastic run that we are currently on. Having said that I'm sure that Pearson will want assurances in the summer. He comes across as a very principled man and I think the shenanigans that took place earlier in the season one Sunday afternoon will have planted a seed of doubt in his mind and can imagine that he feels that his trust has been broken, which in my opinion is a difficult thing to repair.

Anyway, if he was to leave and that is a big IF, then Newcastle is the last club he'll end up at. Mike Ashley wants and always has sought a 'Yes' man to steer the ship and one thing I'm certain of is Pearson is not that type of guy. I can't imagine him letting anyone dictate his actions both on or off the pitch, which is why I think our club shuffled the pack behind the scenes half way through the season. Pearson got his way on that occasion as the person he went up against was merely hired help, however he'd never win a battle against the owner which is why I can't see it happening.

Furthermore there is a lot of talk today in the media about McClaren taking up the position with immediate effect. He typifies the type of manager that Mike Ashley so dearly desires so I can see this story having some legs.

Edited by ian_marshall

Well, I'm well old enough to have enjoyed the wonderful Matt Gilles seasons in the late 1950s/early 1960s, and as far as I am concerned, Pearson is easily one of the best managers we have ever had. The squad we have now is brilliant, and will only get better with a few judicious additions in the summer, and I believe that Pearson can take this club further than it's ever been. I just hope I live long enough to see it!

Fully agree with all of this. My lcfc supporting years goes back to McLintock and in my humble opinion Pearson is up there with MON only because the Premier League is a totally different beast to 1996-2000.

• Like 1

I'm one who has this feeling that he might go and i'm certainly not trying to destabilise this run as if a few posts on a forum could do that when Stringer and co have failed.

I just feel that maybe some bridges of trust, mutual respect and loyalty may have been burned over the phantom sacking which may have left a bad taste in Pearson's mouth that can't be cleansed and as a man of principles he's just seeing out the season which of course he wants to end well.

It's just a feeling no more no less.

I'm one who has this feeling that he might go and i'm certainly not trying to destabilise this run as if a few posts on a forum could do that when Stringer and co have failed.

I just feel that maybe some bridges of trust, mutual respect and loyalty may have been burned over the phantom sacking which may have left a bad taste in Pearson's mouth that can't be cleansed and as a man of principles he's just seeing out the season which of course he wants to end well.

It's just a feeling no more no less.

Whilst he might feel like that, he also is very loyal to his own staff and players. There are a lot of people who have a job because of him.

We also don't know what happened with the sacking, if Top got above his station and jumped the gun without his dad's say so, then there is only one bridge damaged with him and not his Dad, if he's the one who overruled him then their relationship should still be ok.

I think for many supporters of my generation we can't imagine LCFC without Pearson. We were too young to relish the MON era but then old enough to realize how successive managers failed us in the mid-2000s. 

Pearson is the only manager I've known to bring us success and Leicester just wouldn't be the same without him for me (my personal opinion). If he leaves and someone like Dyche comes in, then sorry we're repeating the cyclical process until we find someone who fits Leicester again after years and years of experimentation.

I was born in '92 mate and I'd say otherwise

I remember being a kid running down to the pub with my family to see the Middlesboro Cup final. I remember Muzzy, Lennon, Savage, Taggart, Prior, Keller, Zagorakis, that Icelandic bloke and even Peggy Arphexad. I remember going down to Covs old ground to see Heskey smash us a 1-0 win. I remember going to Wembley with my uncle and his band of wronguns for Tottenham and Tranmere and getting bottles lobbed at me outside The Torch. I remember family fun nights and Fox Leisure and the kits, from green goalies to hand me down Walkers Crisps.

In the Adams days seeing us thump Wimbledon at home when they were in red, Matty Fryatt scoring against Wolves and O'Neill back with Villa in the cup. Birmingham's Seb Larsson getting bustled off the pitch by Kisnorbo in the last minutes of a tight loss.

You mustve been a late comer if thats all you saw, no prejudice just doesn't suit me.

Nigel is definitely the best manager since O'Neil an what hes laid down here deserves great respect, we are unique in the way we have grown our squad and it has been successful in a positve way, our players seem a good bunch. The current owners deserve just as much credit in my eyes

I was watching the build up too the Newcastle match in the Keith Weller lounge and they did a bit where Nuge, Albrighton and Morgan were talking about their confidence, respect and backing of Nigel. Obviously it's telly and we can't trust everything we hear but I whole heartedly believe that all of the players completely back Pearson. Why would the owners want to find a new manager to rebuild when Nige is already doing it successfully? Maybe all the antics in the media are a possible reason but that can be worked out and can't see Nige being the same with that regard next year if we stay up.

Nige needs to stay, if he doesn't than our owners are Ostriches!

Whilst he might feel like that, he also is very loyal to his own staff and players. There are a lot of people who have a job because of him.

We also don't know what happened with the sacking, if Top got above his station and jumped the gun without his dad's say so, then there is only one bridge damaged with him and not his Dad, if he's the one who overruled him then their relationship should still be ok.

You're  probably  right  as I said it's  just a feeling and I have no real idea where it comes from. 

Fully agree with all of this. My lcfc supporting years goes back to McLintock and in my humble opinion Pearson is up there with MON only because the Premier League is a totally different beast to 1996-2000.

Not even close too oneil yet.top 10 finishes,cup wins ,Europe,last few weeks have been great but ffs get real

Why Pearson would even consider leaving is beyond me, the owners have shown faith in him which he is now giving back to them, and although there have been some ups and downs he is the man for this club.

Every single year he has achieved some incredible things with us and has built and brilliant squad full of fight, character and technical ability.

I'd give him the job till he wants to quit! the man is a genius.

Who knows where we  could be with Pearson in 5 years time.

Please can we return to the topic of the thread. .??

I don't care to read all this speculative cr*p and expact to see factual stuff in this thread.

lol, if you want people to stick to topic, go and join another forum

Why Pearson would even consider leaving is beyond me, the owners have shown faith in him which he is now giving back to them, and although there have been some ups and downs he is the man for this club.

Every single year he has achieved some incredible things with us and has built and brilliant squad full of fight, character and technical ability.

I'd give him the job till he wants to quit! the man is a genius.

Who knows where we could be with Pearson in 5 years time.

He will be in the championship in 5 years

What does this have to do with what other fans are saying about us?

Please can we return to the topic of the thread. .??

I don't care to read all this speculative cr*p and expact to see factual stuff in this thread.

Speculative posts are of far more interest and relevance than this sort of bollocks, if you don't appreciate a bit of speculation and discussion about LCFC why the frig are you on such a forum? Jog the **** on.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1