Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Who in our national team is truly worldclass? 

Rooney? 

When I was growing up ok we didn't win anything but we had

B Robson

C waddle

J Barnes

G Hoddle

G Lineker

P Gascoigne

S Pearce

P Shilton

P Beadsley

D Beckham

R. Ferdinand

P Scholes

S Gerrard

A cole

T Butcher

D Seaman

A Shearer

T Sheringham

R Fowler

I Wright

D Walker

Edited by foxoffderby

Anyone in the gay community (or straight :D ) know this bloke?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/23/premier-league-fans-verdict-arsenal-manchester-city

Leicester – Chris Whiting – @ChrisRWhiting

7/10 Well, it’s just about worked itself out in a roundabout way. I was dreading writing this review and having to apologise for my cocky pre-season predictions, but as it is I’m pretty satisfied. We’ve gone from world beaters to whipping boys to world beaters again. And most fans in Leicester took Nigel Pearson’s antics in good humour.

The stars It’s hard to look past “the magic man” Esteban Cambiasso: it’s been a privilege to see such a talented, composed and cultured footballer gracing Filbert Way’s famous turf. Jamie Vardy had a great second half to the season and Robert Huth transformed our defence. The flops It’s been sad to see Danny Drinkwater fail to flourish in the Premier League. Cult hero Anthony Knockaert has seemingly dropped off the face of the earth this season, Andrej Kramaric has failed to make a real impact, and Paul Konchesky’s best days are far behind him.

Summer targets Huth is a must, as is securing Cambiasso and signing a new left-back.

Best and worst away fans Stoke’s were very noisy; Newcastle’s struggled.

Richard Cockerill, the Leicester director of rugby, added: “People come from all over the world and they’ve heard of Welford Road. I’m not sure that they have heard of the King Power.”

From this article about poor Rugby WC ticket sales at the KP.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/rugby-world-cup/11623008/Why-Leicester-the-biggest-rugby-city-in-England-has-fallen-out-of-love-with-the-Rugby-World-Cup.html

He may have an argument in some of the major rugby playing nations, but in the rest of the world, I think not.

Richard Cockerill, the Leicester director of rugby, added: “People come from all over the world and they’ve heard of Welford Road. I’m not sure that they have heard of the King Power.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/rugby-world-cup/11623008/Why-Leicester-the-biggest-rugby-city-in-England-has-fallen-out-of-love-with-the-Rugby-World-Cup.html

He may have an argument in some of the major rugby playing nations, but in the rest of the world, I think not.

but he is talking about people coming to attend the rugby world cup so one would expect he is talking about rugby playing nations

I fancied going to a Rugby World Cup game, the fact it's pretty poor nations playing in Leicester and tickets are quite expensive (Think the cheapest I saw was £80? You may be able to cheaper tickets but i'm sure I could only see £80 available) is the reason i'm not going to see a game. **** that.

That might be the reason sales have been poor, not the fact it's at the KP.

Edited by Matt

Absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Argentina v Namibia are among the games..

Yeah I can totally see why someone in New Zealand or something would want to spend £80 quid to watch Nambia at Welford Road but not 300 yards away.

Although I must say I find it hard to take someone called "Dick Cockerill" seriously.

• Like 2

What a twat.

If that's the case the RFU should have put their hands in their pockets and funded the rest of the development of Welford Road. Absolutely no chance the FA would win a World Cup bid and have to use other sports stadiums because football clubs couldn't finish building theirs. Shows what a shambles the the RFU are.

What a twat.

If that's the case the RFU should have put their hands in their pockets and funded the rest of the development of Welford Road. Absolutely no chance the FA would win a World Cup bid and have to use other sports stadiums because football clubs couldn't finish building theirs. Shows what a shambles the the RFU are.

I think that if we were to be successful with a World Cup bid then we'd use the Olympic Sadium (although I suppose that'll be a football ground soon).

I think that if we were to be successful with a World Cup bid then we'd use the Olympic Sadium (although I suppose that'll be a football ground soon).

We'd put that forward as part of our original bid though, like the RFU have with Wembley, and I have no issue with that. They put Welford Road in the bid and didn't finish building it so had to go begging to Leicester City. IIRC Tigers started redeveloping Welford Road because they were told they'd be hosting World Cup games, and now they're not. Shambolic.

Possibly, although can't you only have two from the same city - in which case you'd expect Emirates & Wembley.

I'd guess at Emirates, Wembley, Old Trafford, Anfield, St James Park, Villa Park, Hillsborough, Elland Road, St Marys, then 3 others.

Possibly, although can't you only have two from the same city - in which case you'd expect Emirates & Wembley.

I'd guess at Emirates, Wembley, Old Trafford, Anfield, St James Park, Villa Park, Hillsborough, Elland Road, St Marys, then 3 others.

Well, if we use 10 as Brazil did I think we'd have..

Wembley, Old Trafford, Anfield, St James Park, Stadium of Light, Hillsbrough, Villa Park, Emirates, Etihad and Goodison.

Didn't know you can't have more than two from the same city.