Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

But that's not the point.

I doubt that anyone in the world that is interested in the RWC would choose to not go purely because the game in Leicester is played at the KP over Welford Road. (there's a better was of wording that but i'm too hungover)

Just seems weirdly bitter.

I acknowledge he's not correct but that's not why people on here are getting pissy. People are being precious because the mean rugby man implied the toffy Tigers are bigger than the povvo tinpot football club rah rah.

Of course the Tigers are bitter the biggest bespoke rugby ground in the country got overlooked for the world cup.

• Like 1

Anyone who follows Rugby would know the Tigers as one of the top teams in the Northern hemisphere and would probably assume any games played in Leicester would be played at their ground. Looks like they will struggle to fill the KP which makes it even more of a strange decision by the RFU.

Welford Road is the home of Rugby in the midlands like Lords is the home of cricket yet neither are the best stadiums or pitches in  the area

I acknowledge he's not correct but that's not why people on here are getting pissy. People are being precious because the mean rugby man implied the toffy Tigers are bigger than the povvo tinpot football club rah rah.

Of course the Tigers are bitter the biggest bespoke rugby ground in the country got overlooked for the world cup.

He's bound to be bitter, fair enough.

Just don't get the personal attack on us.

Is it true that we will have a run of away games at the beginning of the season?

I wish it was at Welford Road to be honest.

Might work in our favour. If that happens, we will end up getting runs of consecutive home games, which would be good for building up a run of form.

Might be good to get a few away matches out of the way early on.

• Like 1

Might work in our favour. If that happens, we will end up getting runs of consecutive home games, which would be good for building up a run of form.

Might be good to get a few away matches out of the way early on.

It's not going to affect anything whatsoever. 

There are 3 games at the KP, 4th October, 6th October and 11th October.

We will be away on the weekend of the 3rd/4th October, then the following weekend is an international break as England have 2 Euro qualifiers.

There won't be a run of away games at all.

Really don't see what the problem is.

• Like 1

They are indeed better but there isn't a huge local community nor is Leicester easily accessible from Argentina. From a sales point of view you want bums on seats, Scots will travel and local Scots will attend, likewise the Italians. Argentinians? We might be struggling. You average fan knows little about the respective quality of sides, they just 'know' certain sides.

Whats worked previously in these world cups is hosting a team within a regional stronghold for the sport. So that a team is taken by the region as their second team. With Argentina, they are targeting Tigers and Northampton fans to come watch games.

Love this thread because it's normally when another football fan or pundit is talking about us...

So Am i the only one who doesn't give a f**k about the rugby side of do they mean us? lol

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 3

Sky Sports are doing a Season Review live from Wembley with Graeme Souness, Theirry Henry, Jamie Redknapp.

Just done a great review on us and very complementary. Show some great highlights of the great escape too. Not sure if it'll be repeated and anyone can record it/put it online or it might appear online anyway as Sky Sports sometimes put clips like that on their website.

Edited by Matt

Sky Sports are doing a Season Review live from Wembley with Graeme Souness, Theirry Henry, Jamie Redknapp.

Just done a great review on us and very complementary. Show some great highlights of the great escape too. Not sure if it'll be repeated and anyone can record it/put it online or it might appear online anyway as Sky Sports sometimes put clips like that on their website.

Souness could have checked his facts!!

The amount of comments on this forum about the number of supposed shite sides in the prem is a joke.

This really will come back to bite us and as much as I said we would stop up we was shite for a long period whatever anyone says.

Yes we have had a great end to the season but some really need to grow up.

The amount of comments on this forum about the number of supposed shite sides in the prem is a joke.

This really will come back to bite us and as much as I said we would stop up we was shite for a long period whatever anyone says.

Yes we have had a great end to the season but some really need to grow up.

There were a lot of shite teams in the league this year, why is that making you so sad

Idiotic to call Ulloa a "flop".

Just pick another one – what about Upson? Injured within days of signing him, only played a few games and his one contribution was that own goal that cost us two points at Everton.   

One of the worst articles I've read about us, it's like they've got the majority of their information from headlines and not actually read further than that. Like:

'Pearson has already claimed the club won't spend £25 million, even though that's precisely what they did in 2014-2015.'

No, Pearson's said that we won't spend £25 million on a single player, not that we won't spend that much at all.

Idiotic to call Ulloa a "flop".

Just pick another one – what about Upson? Injured within days of signing him, only played a few games and his one contribution was that own goal that cost us two points at Everton.   

Upson, Simpson, and Powell are all much bigger flops yeah