Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I wonder how many of these club forums have got threads like this with links to us/this, a never ending circle of distortion, exaggeration, cattiness, ridicule and scorn. lol

• Like 1

How long before they realise Delfouneso is awful? Literally the most anonymous footballer I have ever seen. No idea what his level is but how he's stayed on the books at Villa so long I will never know.

Agreed.

Same as McGivern at Man City. Some players literally seem to be able to spend their early career for like 4 years going out on loan every where and never playing for their first team.

Agreed.

Same as McGivern at Man City. Some players literally seem to be able to spend their early career for like 4 years going out on loan every where and never playing for their first team.

Maybe the continuous loans are part of the reason they're seen as 'crap' as they never get a chance to settle and feel at home.

Well I think everyone will agree McGivern is just crap.

Well I guess it depends on your definition but i'm sure there's a level he's suitable for and who knows with a consistent home base how or if he will improve. I'm sure Man City thought he had potential otherwise why hang on to him for so long.

I'm not saying he's great as i don't know either way I certainly wouldn't judge him on the few games he had for us.

Maybe the continuous loans are part of the reason they're seen as 'crap' as they never get a chance to settle and feel at home.

They are footballers, not Siamese cats. If part of the reason is about continuity and stability, it is a very small part, and the rest of the reason is down to a lack of ability. Delfouneso's loans have been augmented with little ventures into the Villa squad where he has done nothing. I think he has 12 goals in 69 appearances for all clubs since he started out, not great. Mind he is still only 21, but in any case he is terrible, and will end up playing in L1 or lower sooner rather than later, and you can quote me on that.

Well I guess it depends on your definition but i'm sure there's a level he's suitable for and who knows with a consistent home base how or if he will improve. I'm sure Man City thought he had potential otherwise why hang on to him for so long.

I'm not saying he's great as i don't know either way I certainly wouldn't judge him on the few games he had for us.

Maybe but you can only judge him on the games that you have seen, he did feature in surely something like 12-15 games for us, and that is some sort of basis to judge him on.

He isnt going to get into the City team that is for sure, and he is 22now i think, there must be a time soon when he realises this and says he wants to move somewhere permantely to benefit his career.

Two words: Paul Jewell

I was hoping for a more elaborate explanation but that does it explain it too. He hasn't always been a shit manager though has he? I know he flopped with the sheepshaggers but before that he'd been decent no?

I was hoping for a more elaborate explanation but that does it explain it too. He hasn't always been a shit manager though has he? I know he flopped with the sheepshaggers but before that he'd been decent no?

Well he did well at Wigan but has been on a pretty rapid decline since then. Not too sure about Ipswich though but it seems to me like they have spent very poorly recently and their team doesn't seem to have any unity/structure which I would blame Jewell for.

Anybody know much about Ipswich? How and why have they declined during the last few years? Have they spent much? I'm not sorry for them but am interested.

I don't know much about them internally, but they seem to be on a quick, and bad, freefall.

Another quote from otib about why not many Bristol fans came up yesterday....

"Unless we are near the top of the table and doing well, these all seater bowls are terrible for creating any atmosphere. Since leicester is a northern hellhole with one the most blandest stadiums going there is never really any attraction for me in going there."

:rolleyes:

Why can people in the south not distinguish the difference between the north and the Midlands?

Seriously I have never been genuinely called a southerner by anyone from up north yet I'd say the majority of southerners call me northern.

Guest BlueBrett

love the guy who reckons his head is ruling his heart when he says they'll be fighting over 2nd come the end of the season lol

Has this one been done yet?.

http://www.otib.co.u...after-the-game/

Does anyone else spot the irony in the fact they're using things like "we've been in this league longer than them" (as if that's an achievement lol lol) and then saying we're in the shadow of Forest/Derby, even though we came comfortably above both last year and it's looking like we will again.

Bristol City, just wow. They really do have one of the most twattish fanbases I have ever come across.

• Like 1

That Bristol City forum is mad... Someone says we haven't achieved anything since O'Neill left, yet someone else claimed we are in the shadows of Nottingham Forest and Derby. To be fair, I see all three East Midlands Clubs as 'bigger' clubs, but Forest and Derby haven't won anything either in recent years (ok promotion for Derby) to suggest we are in their shadow.

What is wrong with them? What have we done? I've always liked Bristol Rovers more anyway.

That Bristol City forum is mad... Someone says we haven't achieved anything since O'Neill left, yet someone else claimed we are in the shadows of Nottingham Forest and Derby.

They all have their own opinions? Crazy.