Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

lol Blackpool.

The Donkey-fuckers have got ridiculously jumped up, average club - a couple of P/O appearances and one season in the top flight in the past couple of decades doesn't make them a big club anymore than Crystal Palace or Watford are (or alternatively, a decade ago - Barnsley and Bradford).

Edited by LargeAl

That Bristol City forum is mad... Someone says we haven't achieved anything since O'Neill left, yet someone else claimed we are in the shadows of Nottingham Forest and Derby. To be fair, I see all three East Midlands Clubs as 'bigger' clubs, but Forest and Derby haven't won anything either in recent years (ok promotion for Derby) to suggest we are in their shadow.

What is wrong with them? What have we done? I've always liked Bristol Rovers more anyway.

Actually Derby won the trophy for the most amount of losses, least amount of goals and the least amount of points in one season in the premiership

"They only brought 1200 last season. Even in the prem they would bring a shit following, never seen them bring anything near 2000. But with their great form and the 2 week break I imagined they'd take a shit load down for Saturday, by the sounds of it they'll have sold the full 4200 by then"

Don't understand why they are mocking our away support but nevermind. Hopefully we can beat them anyway.

lol Blackpool.

The Donkey-****ers have got ridiculously jumped up, average club - a couple of P/O appearances and one season in the top flight in the past couple of decades doesn't make them a big club anymore than Crystal Palace or Watford are (or alternatively, a decade ago - Barnsley and Bradford).

Exactly. Just another Barnsley.

I think that tops the lot, Brum trying to take the piss out of our support. lol We've shit all over them for years. And they've never been a big fish, they're not a Premiership sized club and that doesn't change because they've had a couple of years there.

Does anyone like us?

I think that tops the lot, Brum trying to take the piss out of our support. lol We've shit all over them for years. And they've never been a big fish, they're not a Premiership sized club and that doesn't change because they've had a couple of years there.

Does anyone like us?

Nobody likes another team thats winning if there struggling

What do they mean "in the prem we would take a shit following" haven't we only played them once in the premiership? I went too that game (1 nil les Ferdinand) and I'm sure we took a load of fans and the atmosphere was decent that day as it was the first game since the La Manga incident and we still had several players doing porridge in Spain. lol

We had the fourth highest total, behind Leeds, Southampton and West Ham.

So 2 out of the 3 teams that went up and perhaps the biggest club in the division?

We should feel ashamed.

So 2 out of the 3 teams that went up and perhaps the biggest club in the division?

We should feel ashamed.

Yep.

Awful support that is better than 20 teams in this division and probably several in the one above.

Do we really need to read other fan forums to know that football fans talk shit?

I just can't believe these clubs' fans are so deluded even in the face of facts.

Disliking us is one thing but the bollocks they talk is just embarrassing.

I just can't believe these clubs' fans are so deluded even in the face of facts.

Disliking us is one thing but the bollocks they talk is just embarrassing.

That's kind of my point, all club fan bases have some deluded characters, including our own. Some of ours refer to almost every club as "tin pot" or similar. Not all of our fans are like that though and not all of any other clubs are like that either. It doesn't hurt to have a read and a giggle but I would take it with a pinch of salt.

Somehow mocking our away numbers :o

Who cares, its Brum, not exactly the first name i look for on the fixture list if they are in the same division as us at the same time.

Hell, they'd be below Cov lol

Edited by ithuriel

That's kind of my point, all club fan bases have some deluded characters, including our own. Some of ours refer to almost every club as "tin pot" or similar. Not all of our fans are like that though and not all of any other clubs are like that either. It doesn't hurt to have a read and a giggle but I would take it with a pinch of salt.

Yeh true. We were a bit harsh to that Barnsley fan the other week tbf.

I usually think we're pretty fair on this forum in general though. Certainly I don't see us taking the piss out of clubs with better support than us. Apart from maybe Chelsea but that's because they've got a lot of glory hunters who are the opposite of real football fans.

I can't remember us saying a club with far better support than us has shit support or is a nothing club.