Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Adrian Durham on TalkSport last night said (I paraphrase) "Now they're out of the Capital One Cup, Leicester have nothing going for them. They won't be challenging for the title and there won't be a relegation fight so it's gonna be dull for the rest of the season. At least in the Championship they could win trophies".

I assume he says sh1t like this to stir people into interacting on Twitter etc.

If he genuinely believes that Leicester's season will be dull, he must know nothing about Leicester City. Or football. Right lads?

• Like 1

If only there was another cup competition to play in...

For me it is still new and  exciting to play a lot of these teams, and because we have a new manager and new players and a new (ish) style it is exciting testing ourselves against the best. It's not like we are West Brom grinding out results, or even under MoN where we knew we would never get relegated, but never challenge the top 5 and Europe was only achievable through the cups.  I'm not saying the league got boring under MoN, but I am more excited this season as there are so many unknowns than I was in MoN's last season, League Cup win and Collymore aside.

Adrian Durham on TalkSport last night said (I paraphrase) "Now they're out of the Capital One Cup, Leicester have nothing going for them. They won't be challenging for the title and there won't be a relegation fight so it's gonna be dull for the rest of the season. At least in the Championship they could win trophies".

I assume he says sh1t like this to stir people into interacting on Twitter etc.

If he genuinely believes that Leicester's season will be dull, he must know nothing about Leicester City. Or football. Right lads?

Oh Christ, I heard that - I wouldn't normally listen to Talksport unless someone was holding a gun to my head, obviously, but I was getting a lift and it would have been rude to ask the driver to turn it off.

The callers put him right though, didn't they?  What's happening at the moment is brilliant, obviously, but I would have thought most City fans, like Ranieri, just want to stay up.  If we finish in the top half I would consider that an amazing season.

We were hardly taking the piss with the side we put out though, were we?  A similar team did brilliantly against a strong Hammers side so it's not mental to put out a side like we did.  Also, does it not make sense to give players that we might actually need to call on when injuries and suspensions start to bite a bit of game time?

I allowed my cage to become rattled, clearly.  Could have been worse, he could have been making me listen to Gem 106 again

he's right tbf, we'll be (hopefully) safe by christmas, and probably out the fa cup by february. what are we going to do for the next 3 months?

Tbf ive got finals to sit in May so the more dull the better lol

Adrian Durham is just trying to follow in the path of Jeremy Kyle and is hoping for a move from talksport to getting his own TV show!

He's good at what he does though, he gets the response he's looking for.  He's the Diego Costa of radio presenters, love him or hate him, he does his job well

We will have something to play for right until the end, a top 10 finish for example. We will be a dangerous side to play in the final weeks if we are already safe, teams attacking us and us picking them off.

I think its brilliant that people are already saying we have nothing to play for in October.

he's right tbf, we'll be (hopefully) safe by christmas, and probably out the fa cup by february. what are we going to do for the next 3 months?

Pie people who are too stupid not to dress in the away colours.