Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

bit of a shit little section about us, almost casts us off as if "yeah they're an exception to the boring rule but so what", but other than that he's right. this is a depressing, pathetic and downright awful league bar us. said so for a few years. quality, entertainment (on the whole) and enjoyment is surely at an all time low across the board, apart from us and probably west ham, although they'll lose a few games and andy carroll will start and they will want bilic sacked for disrespecting the west ham way soon. 

I honestly believe we're the most entertaining side in the division. Who's games are better than ours? We aren't better than teams like Man City or Man Utd but we're definitely more entertaining, certainly than the latter.

West Ham & Palace too are entertaining sides.

I honestly believe we're the most entertaining side in the division. Who's games are better than ours? We aren't better than teams like Man City or Man Utd but we're definitely more entertaining, certainly than the latter.

West Ham & Palace too are entertaining sides.

yeah by miles. not hard though like i said. man city aside, and even they're a bit off without silva and aguero, all the "top" teams have become obsessed with spain and copying their possession styled football just without dominating. and spain were always boring. they're trying to play barcelona style football without any particularly good players. it's pretty grim and awful to watch. we're just great. 

yeah by miles. not hard though like i said. man city aside, and even they're a bit off without silva and aguero, all the "top" teams have become obsessed with spain and copying their possession styled football just without dominating. and spain were always boring. they're trying to play barcelona style football without any particularly good players. it's pretty grim and awful to watch. we're just great. 

Yeah I've totally warmed to that view. Barcelona made it special because they had the ultimate attacking outlet in their team making it all tick. Leicester are the polar opposite yet are still effective. We're showing that possession is over-rated and it's about what you do with it. Like I said somewhere else, we've not had more possession in a single game this season (53% at Bury, BURY, aside) and we've picked up 19 points from 10 league games.

I'd love us to play Derby again and Leicester turn up. Their fans would all be tossing themselves over having 60% possession away at a Premier League side, ignoring the fact they lost 5-0.

Yeah I've totally warmed to that view. Barcelona made it special because they had the ultimate attacking outlet in their team making it all tick. Leicester are the polar opposite yet are still effective. We're showing that possession is over-rated and it's about what you do with it. Like I said somewhere else, we've not had more possession in a single game this season (53% at Bury, BURY, aside) and we've picked up 19 points from 10 league games.

I'd love us to play Derby again and Leicester turn up. Their fans would all be tossing themselves over having 60% possession away at a Premier League side, ignoring the fact they lost 5-0.

yeah it's pretty mad that pundits and fans alike are using our lack of possession as something to beat us with. a lot of articles seem to genuinely be ignoring the fact that we are still one of the form teams in europe for the last 6 months and probably in the top two or three most entertaining sides in the league and instead focussing on the fact we aren't passing it from centre back to centre back all game. when did that even become a thing? barcelona ruined football. 

managers like van gaal and rodgers epitomise that type of football, win lose or draw (usually lose or draw, even the wins arent inspiring) they'll fill their post match interviews with discussion about how great their passing was and their possession and their "control of the game". what's the point in controlling the game for 85 minutes and scoring no goals, we'll probably "control" a game for ten mins and score two or three. efficiency and excitement all at the same time. and wins. 

• Like 1

Lawro has us down to lose again in this week's predictions. He's basically saying "Leicester's will lose at some point, so every week I'll put them down for a loss so eventually when they do slip up I can say 'look at me look at me I predicted that first!'" He doesn't actually give a reason for why he thinks we'll lose other than "I do not see them giving the Foxes much room to breathe on Saturday", even though we play the high press game as well as anyone in the league. 

To be fair he probably gets fvcking bored doing these every week, but it's not exactly tactical insight into the game is it. 

Met a family of West Ham fans on the plane back from Greece. Chatted for half the flight and they were very complimentary about us. We also touched on Palace and generally agreed that it's refreshing to see such teams stirring it up at the top of the league. They, like me, didn't believe it would last but hoped for a top 8 finish. Decent people.

Met a family of West Ham fans on the plane back from Greece. Chatted for half the flight and they were very complimentary about us. We also touched on Palace and generally agreed that it's refreshing to see such teams stirring it up at the top of the league. They, like me, didn't believe it would last but hoped for a top 8 finish. Decent people.

I hope you put a pie in their face.

• Like 1

yeah it's pretty mad that pundits and fans alike are using our lack of possession as something to beat us with. a lot of articles seem to genuinely be ignoring the fact that we are still one of the form teams in europe for the last 6 months and probably in the top two or three most entertaining sides in the league and instead focussing on the fact we aren't passing it from centre back to centre back all game. when did that even become a thing? barcelona ruined football. 

managers like van gaal and rodgers epitomise that type of football, win lose or draw (usually lose or draw, even the wins arent inspiring) they'll fill their post match interviews with discussion about how great their passing was and their possession and their "control of the game". what's the point in controlling the game for 85 minutes and scoring no goals, we'll probably "control" a game for ten mins and score two or three. efficiency and excitement all at the same time. and wins. 

Yep totally agree. Barcelona have brainwashed so many. Not taking away how good they were but people trying to emulate them has lead to seriously dour stuff. Manchester United are absolutely crap to watch. Hundreds of millions spent and not a single world class player to show for it. De Gea arguable.

• Like 1

Yep totally agree. Barcelona have brainwashed so many. Not taking away how good they were but people trying to emulate them has lead to seriously dour stuff. Manchester United are absolutely crap to watch. Hundreds of millions spent and not a single world class player to show for it. De Gea arguable.

United's spanish players are their best, De Gea, Mata and Herrera (:wub: I really rate Herrera)

Being one of the top 3 keepers in the world would be defined as world class to me. But yeah United are so dreary now read a headline Scholes was saying as much today and hard to find an argument otherwise.

De Gea is borderline for me. Could definitely be put in that category in future though.

Herrera's excellent but not quite world class.

Tony Pulis bigging  up big Nige in his press conference:

West Brom news conference

West Brom v Leicester (Sat, 15:00 GMT)

Posted at 10:17

d5934435-9342-4fc5-9fad-cb4a2ab5d14f.jpg

Getty Images

West Brom manager Tony Pulis is not one to pull any punches - or sit down in his news conference.

He did neither today. When asked about this weekend's opponents Leicester, he suggested Claudio Ranieri is doing so well... because of Nigel Pearson.

"Ranieri has benefited from all the work Nigel has put in," said TP. "It's very, very nice to step into a football club where everything is in place and at that club it looks like everything is in place.

"Last season was a remarkable achievement and Claudio has picked it up and carried it on. It's difficult for me to say but let's not forget the work Nigel did, the three, four years he was at that club putting them in a position for Claudio now to push on."

Genuine love for Nigel or an attempt at mind games with Claudio?

Edited by Captain...

Tony Pulis bigging up big Nige in his press conference:

Genuine love for Nigel or an attempt at mind games with Claudio?

Mind games. This side is better than Nigel's, Claudio is better tactically, the club has moved onto another level since Nigel. Nigel is irrelevant now. He's trying to make the situation lose lose for Claudio.

It seems if any manager has an opinion it's labeled 'mind games'. I don't see an issue with what he said and it's hard to disagree, pretty much stating the obvious.

Obviously you can have an opinion but for Pulis to make it all about Pearson makes it seem like he's trying to undermine what Ranieri has done which is why I think it is mind games.

Obviously you can have an opinion but for Pulis to make it all about Pearson makes it seem like he's trying to undermine what Ranieri has done which is why I think it is mind games.

Media can be selective in what they show and selective in the questions they ask.

• Like 1

This side is better than Nigel's, Claudio is better tactically, the club has moved onto another level since Nigel.

Is it...

Last 10 games of the season

22 points - Scored 22 - Against 11

First 10 games of the season

19 points - Score 20 - Against 17

There is little to back up your statement, especially when the players who we think improved us the most so far (Kante & Fuchs) were either signed or targeted before Claudio, so it's more than likely they would have improved us if he was still here also.

He has made some great tactical changes granted.

• Like 2