Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Vardy ...how strange how pundits, so called football journalist, cant see or dont mention his greatest skills, in which he has showed in many of his goals.

# Taking a ball at pace

# Running at speed and controlling the ball at his feet, over long distances, having no doubt what he will do with it.

# His twist and turning, with immediate pace, many fall flat on their faces, but Vardy carries on with point 1.

# At pace taking on the shot, and when necessary taking a side step, to clear bearing down defender.

# He reaches most of the through balls, even when they have been too strong.

# his side flick tekky on Saturday, is not a one off.

W.Wide I have hardly seen elsewhere this skill from his pace so consistently.

Let others make him out to be other peoples fools and jester, this guy ..Jamie Vardy... is damn skillfull.

And no arrogant self-centered, self important upstart, but neither was our Gary.Feet on the ground type of guy, who

can burn leather .

I hear luney-toons want to sign him up, to take over the 'Roadrunner' roll..beep, beep!!

Not to mention his ability to beat taller players to the ball in an airial battle. The lad has so many strengths it's unreal. So underrated.

Articles like that are funny but everything in the media is still either about him being hard-working and quick or a bit of a joke figure - there's still nothing that reflects what has actually happened.

The truth is that he has improved aspects of his game that nobody mentions - his hold-up play now is excellent, his first touch is much improved, he makes great decisions, he's great in the air and his movement is better. In short, he has become something of a complete striker.

You can't be a one-trick pony when you're basically up front on your own, largely being supported either by a second striker who most of our fans are not sure about or a lightweight winger. You certainly can't do that with your team third in the Prem while you're scoring 11 goals in 11 games.

Vardy has been second striker for a lot of his time here - first to Nugent and then to Ulloa. His best spells have coincided with him being given the central striker role - the end of the title-winning season and this season so far. That's when he's thrived by taking responsibility and feeling like the main man.

I think it does him a disservice to suggest he's just a hard-working, quick striker in the middle of a lucky streak, and especially - as that article does - to suggest his success is down to knowing his limitations (and phrase it like it's some great revelation). That's the complete opposite of what he's about - if he went by limitations he'd still be playing for Stocksbridge. In fact, he's continuously worked hard on his deficiencies to the point where he hardly has any these days.

There was a point in the Norwich game where he dropped off the front and held onto the ball and looked really composed and it struck me how different that was to what we've seen before. Then think about his goal on Saturday - he could have done the same thing but he sensed the opportunity, played a great first-time ball and went for the return. What about the way he won that penalty at Bournemouth - there were three defenders chasing him. That wasn't just pure pace - that was clever play to get into that situation.

Whisper it but he's actually a very intelligent footballer.

Quality post Fez

• Like 1

He knows his limitations, but he also knows his strengths, he knows how to play to them, more importantly so do his team mates.

His goal on Saturday just summed him up, Kante's first instinct was to look for Vardy, Vardy knowing that made sure he was ready to receive. Drinkwater knows Vardy isn't going to try and turn the defender and try an outrageous bit of skill to get in behind the defence, he knows he is going to look for the lay off and then run in behind.

Drinky and Vardy both know he is going to win a foot race with West Brom defence, so they just create the space and stick the ball in for Vardy to run onto.

It was still a great run and finish, but the build up was so simple, effective one touch football.

I noticed this about DD and vardy too, as soon as vardy has touched the ball to Drinky he turns and is on the run, Drinky didn't even look towards Vardy before making the pass which put him through as he knew Vardy would get on the end of it. I love this team.

• Like 1

Guest CityFan 06

Yeah watching back at the MOTD highlights today, the link up play with Vardy and Drinkwater for the third goal (I think it was) was superb.

I'd love to know who the writer of that article supports

"plucky little Leicester"

Jog on

The lad who wrote it is in my class at uni, he's a spurs fan from Huddersfield (lol). He's a nice guy in all fairness, think he's a bit worried the prodigal son Harry Kane is in danger of being overshadowed.

It's a vice article, I think the whole point of it is to evoke a reaction, I thought it was quite funny to be honest.

Jeez lighten up people.  Everyone's become way too precious about Vardy recently.  Our chant for him is about vodka and charlie FFS.

Yeah. We were all making these jokes two-three years ago but it's still a novelty for everyone else. Let them have their fun.

He knows his limitations, but he also knows his strengths, he knows how to play to them, more importantly so do his team mates.

His goal on Saturday just summed him up, Kante's first instinct was to look for Vardy, Vardy knowing that made sure he was ready to receive. Drinkwater knows Vardy isn't going to try and turn the defender and try an outrageous bit of skill to get in behind the defence, he knows he is going to look for the lay off and then run in behind.

Drinky and Vardy both know he is going to win a foot race with West Brom defence, so they just create the space and stick the ball in for Vardy to run onto.

It was still a great run and finish, but the build up was so simple, effective one touch football.

Best goal we've scored all season for me. Excellent stuff.

Slightly off topic, but for those Reddit users, an amusing comment. Sometimes, I really dislike Americans.

[–]Arsenaldown_vote_magnet 11 points

1 day ago 

Imagine Leicester getting 4th and Champions League.

[–]ChristianExodia -57 points

1 day ago 

My first full season with the Foxes, that would be ****ing magical.

(Note: New to PL, am a Yank,Leicester is my "Let's see what they'll do" team I chose in February. I have a safety team, but I'm not disclosing them.)

<p>

Slightly off topic, but for those Reddit users, an amusing comment. Sometimes, I really dislike Americans.

[–]Arsenaldown_vote_magnet 11 points 1 day ago

Imagine Leicester getting 4th and Champions League.

[–]ChristianExodia -57 points

1 day ago

My first full season with the Foxes, that would be ****ing magical.

(Note: New to PL, am a Yank,Leicester is my "Let's see what they'll do" team I chose in February. I have a safety team, but I'm not disclosing them.)

If we continue doing well there will be an army of leicester flairs soon. They'll then fall away if we fall away. We're the new Southampton.

I like how you just out-hipstered Vice Sports there.

Haha! The first I heard of Vice was when one of my mates who is the biggest hipster ever kept recommending every article they posted and waxing lyrical about them. They are hipsterific and nowhere near as cool as they think but Tbf they do post some good articles.

If Fleetwood got a pound everytime Vardys name was mentioned followed by their name they would be richer than us.

What Vardy has done is amazing,but we have got it,we know who he played for and what standard!

Usually something like this ( ive made this up)

Vardy scores for the 8th game on the trot.

James( yeah,I know) Vardy the pacy ex non league Fleetwood striker must have to pinch himself..........

haha good stuff that. it's true though, there's genuinely nothing better to a football fan than someone who is a bit shit but also sensational. it's why everyone loves a vardy or a jordan henderson more than a rooney or a lampard.

Or a HK18 right!

How Far Can Leicester City Go This Season?

Nov 4, 2015

Leicester have had a fabulous start to the season, which is even more surprising when you consider many pundits had them down as one of the three to go down after Claudio Ranieri was appointed. The Italian has had a mixed record in management during his career, with his failure with the Greece national team being a particular low point as he oversaw losses to both Northern Ireland and the Faroe Islands. However, he has still managed some of the best clubs in Europe and that experience has allowed him to guide Leicester to 3rd place in November. Even the most optimistic Leicester fan wouldn’t have seen that happening.

How-Far-Leicester-City.png

The Foxes have only lost one game this season, which is the least in the league alongside Tottenham, showing that they are tough to beat. They have an incredible team spirit, which has seen them take a large share of their points from losing positions. The match that they lost was against Arsenal and the Gunners played very well on the day. It’s the matches against the likes of Crystal Palace and Southampton that will give Leicester fans hope that they can have a good season, as these clubs are all challenging for the top eight. Ranieri’s men beat Palace and got a point away to Southampton. These are excellent results and it’s easy to see the effect that confidence is having on the squad.

Jamie Vardy has been the most improved player in the Premier League since last season. In his first full season in the top flight, he was a hard working attacker, who was a useful part of the side, but he wasn’t going to fire Leicester to safety. However, something has clicked, and he is now the top scorer in the league with eleven. He has scored in the last eight Premier League games, which has only been matches by Ruud van Nistelrooy and Daniel Sturridge. It’s too soon to talk about Vardy moving to a bigger club, but if he continues to score goals, Leicester will stay in the right half of the table.

Another impressive stat about Leicester is that they are the only team in the top flight to score in every single league game. The likes of Riyad Mahrez, Marc Albrighton, Vardy and Shinji Okazaki have been really good so far, with some of the link up play in the final third being Champions League quality. Mahrez and Vardy have taken most of the plaudits, but as a unit, Leicester are very good at creating chances. They play a high intensity game and it’s hard to deal with, especially late on in games, which is why they get so many points from losing positions.

The next two months will be interesting as they have to face Manchester United, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool and Manchester City. If they come into 2016 still in the top eight then they have to be considered serious contenders for a European place. I’d still expect them to slip down the table as the season progresses, but it’s difficult to rule them out of the top eight picture. The January window will be key for the club as they have the opportunity to add a couple of quality players to give the squad fresh impetus going into the second half of the season. Mahrez and Vardy have taken most of the plaudits, but as a unit, Leicester are very good at creating chances. They play a high intensity game and it’s hard to deal with, especially late on in games, which is why they get so many points from losing positions.

The next two months will be interesting as they have to face Manchester United, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool and Manchester City. If they come into 2016 still in the top eight then they have to be considered serious contenders for a European place. I’d still expect them to slip down the table as the season progresses, but it’s difficult to rule them out of the top eight picture. The January window will be key for the club as they have the opportunity to add a couple of quality players to give the squad fresh impetus going into the second half of the season.

How Far Can Leicester City Go This Season?

Nov 4, 2015

Leicester have had a fabulous start to the season, which is even more surprising when you consider many pundits had them down as one of the three to go down after Claudio Ranieri was appointed. The Italian has had a mixed record in management during his career, with his failure with the Greece national team being a particular low point as he oversaw losses to both Northern Ireland and the Faroe Islands. However, he has still managed some of the best clubs in Europe and that experience has allowed him to guide Leicester to 3rd place in November. Even the most optimistic Leicester fan wouldn’t have seen that happening.

How-Far-Leicester-City.png

The Foxes have only lost one game this season, which is the least in the league alongside Tottenham, showing that they are tough to beat. They have an incredible team spirit, which has seen them take a large share of their points from losing positions. The match that they lost was against Arsenal and the Gunners played very well on the day. It’s the matches against the likes of Crystal Palace and Southampton that will give Leicester fans hope that they can have a good season, as these clubs are all challenging for the top eight. Ranieri’s men beat Palace and got a point away to Southampton. These are excellent results and it’s easy to see the effect that confidence is having on the squad.

Jamie Vardy has been the most improved player in the Premier League since last season. In his first full season in the top flight, he was a hard working attacker, who was a useful part of the side, but he wasn’t going to fire Leicester to safety. However, something has clicked, and he is now the top scorer in the league with eleven. He has scored in the last eight Premier League games, which has only been matches by Ruud van Nistelrooy and Daniel Sturridge. It’s too soon to talk about Vardy moving to a bigger club, but if he continues to score goals, Leicester will stay in the right half of the table.

Another impressive stat about Leicester is that they are the only team in the top flight to score in every single league game. The likes of Riyad Mahrez, Marc Albrighton, Vardy and Shinji Okazaki have been really good so far, with some of the link up play in the final third being Champions League quality. Mahre

z is just awesome and should have a shrine built outside the ground. Leicester are the greatest team in the world.

(thats how the sentence ends im sure of it)

• Like 2