Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I'm still laughing weeks after Phil McNulty, senior BBC football correspondent predicted we'd finish 19th (and Watford 20th) as well as stating:

"Ranieri's appointment is, at best, left field and at worst uninspiring and unwise. A charming man but perhaps one out of time with the Premier League having last worked there with Chelsea in 2004 and having had a chequered career since."

The owners have got it right again.

Someone needs to round up all the awful predictions and snide comments about Ranieri. Spread it around the internet.

It was unbelievable how many pundits tipped us for relegation and even 20th place.

Considering we'd got promoted the year before with 100+ pts and won seven of our last nine games in the PL (a lot of them very comfortable wins as well).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just thought it showed a real lack of knowledge and general ignorance to predict that. Why on earth they thought the three promoted sides would be better equipped God only knows? Then there was Sunderland & Newcastle who looked dreadful last season and Aston Villa who sold their two best players in an already poor team.

I thought we'd be mid table.

Edited by Gerard

It was just the bizarre assertion that a man with decades managing in the top leagues of Europe would do worse with these players than Pearson, who was relatively inexperienced. When we found the right formula at the end of the season it showed the players were good enough when played in the right way. A man of Claudio's experience, with Walsh and Shakespeare at his side managing these players was going to do better than 20th.

Edited by Captain...

It was just the bizarre assertion that a man with decades managing in the top leagues of Europe would do worse with these players than Pearson, who was relatively inexperienced. When we found the right formula at the end of the season it showed the players were good enough when played in the right way. A man of Claudio's experience, with Walsh and Shakespeare at his side managing these players was going to do better than 20th.

I don't think it was that bizarre, you never know how players will react to losing a manager they liked. 20th was unfair, as was the criticism of him. But around the relegation zone was fair for a team who were rooted bottom most of the season and then changed managers for someone who wasn't really seen as someone of a similar style.

It's a bit unfair to blame the pundits for staying losing Pearson would mean relegation when at least 50% of the people on here were saying the same.

Although I thought Claudio was the best choice available I certainly thought relegation was a possibility(and would have done as well if Pearson had still been here).

Edited by Webbo

It's a bit unfair to blame the pundits for staying losing Pearson would mean relegation when at least 50% of the people on here were saying the same.

Although I thought Claudio was the best choice available I certainly thought relegation was a possibility(and would have done as well if Pearson had still been here).

I thought relegation was possible and I still have one eye on the bottom three so the sooner we get to 30 pts and in the home straight the better.

I just thought before a ball was kicked that we were much better equipped than the three promoted sides, Newcastle, Sunderland & Villa and probably West Brom as well.

I thought relegation was possible and I still have one eye on the bottom three so the sooner we get to 30 pts and in the home straight the better.

I just thought before a ball was kicked that we were much better equipped than the three promoted sides, Newcastle, Sunderland & Villa and probably West Brom as well.

I wouldn't disagree with that.

I'm still laughing weeks after Phil McNulty, senior BBC football correspondent predicted we'd finish 19th (and Watford 20th) as well as stating:

"Ranieri's appointment is, at best, left field and at worst uninspiring and unwise. A charming man but perhaps one out of time with the Premier League having last worked there with Chelsea in 2004 and having had a chequered career since."

The owners have got it right again.

I'd rather wait with such praise until the end of the season. Yes, we're doing unbelievably well and yes, Ranieri does come across as both competent and likeable - but we've seen all too well in the past how things can go sour in a very short period.

I'm really enjoying our rise up the table and the football presented to the fans both nationally and internationally, yet it remains to be seen how much of that swing he was able to take over from last season's finish and high spirits and how much of it is his own doing.

Just read this comment on the Daily Mail comments section under the Watford match report:

Made me lol

John_17 , Leicester, United Kingdom, 8 minutes ago 

Jamie Vardys having a party bring your vodka and a charlie 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3308419/Leicester-2-1-Watford-Jamie-Vardy-converts-penalty-spot-score-ninth-consecutive-appearance-Claudio-Ranieri-s-continue-stunning-start-season.html#comments

lol 

Poor kid doesn't know what charlie is. 

• Like 1

I hope it's not Charlie Nicholas, can't stand that bloke

Would be surprised if any of those players scored in 4 straight games let alone 9.

He's got 70% more goals than anybody else in the division FFS.

Do you know that he has?

Absolutely not but hodgsons response to the question is extremely odd if he hasn't made any comment to him. It may have been nothing more than a constructive suggestion within a general discussion about his performance but if you were discussing the way you had played stuck out on the left with your boss, would be odd not to say that you would prefer and do better up the middle.

I think Roy was out of order for bringing it into the public domain. He should have dealt with it in a general context.

• Like 1

Even Shearer was championing Vardy's cause on MOTD last night, in fact all 3 pundits said they were unaware of JV complaining about being played out wide before saying it would be nice, if there's an opportunity, to play him central.  Translation: Stop jumping on your own players because other people can see their qualities and you can't you jumped up toad.

• Like 1