Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Watford fan on their forum thinks Vardy fell into Gomes and it wasn't a penalty. Staggering!

Seen some contentious decisions recently but you won't see a more justified penalty than that!

Even Gomes didn't complain, he just thought himself fortunate to still be on the pitch

The Sunday supplement morons just comparing vardy to Marcus Stewart, James Beattie and Michael ricketts because he's having one good spell.

Yet Harry Kane is a guaranteed squad member, despite also having one good season like the names he's just mentioned.

I don't remember those players scoring in 9 consecutive matches what morons, Vardy is on the verge of breaking Van Nustrelrooys record which by the way was over two seasons

i hope he has complained, he has every right to complain. just because he doesn't play for united or earn 250k a week he should "be happy just to get a mention in the squad"? fu ck that. he should respond by saying he's comfortably the best striker in the country at the moment so he should be starting up front.

The Sunday supplement morons just comparing vardy to Marcus Stewart, James Beattie and Michael ricketts because he's having one good spell.

Yet Harry Kane is a guaranteed squad member, despite also having one good season like the names he's just mentioned.

These journalists don't really know the game and their ignorance is telling in a statement like this.

A lot of people keep saying that Vardy is a flash in the pan and a one season wonder but they are only making that assumption because he plays for an unfashionable club and his previous record before this season with about five goals last season and a career outside the PL before that and him being no spring chicken.

What do I see when I see Vardy?

I see a player who has been confirmed as the quickest player in the PL this season and we all know in football speed kills.

I see probably the hardest working forward in world football.

A player who is great at heading a ball.

A player whose first touch is now superb, look at yesterday when he brought that ball down that was coming over his head that won the penalty.

A great finisher, look at how he moved the ball to create the angle at West Brom, he had plenty of time to think which can be the undoing of many players but he done everything perfectly.

I honestly have started to believe he's the best striker in the PL apart from Aguero.

These so called "experts" are judging him on perception, nothing else. These are the same "experts" who many thought Leicester would finish 20th despite us winning seven of our last nine last season and a good few of them we won easily.

If Vardy goes to Real Madrid and nets 40 goals they'll be calling him world class in a year and conveniently forgetting their uninformed opinions.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

These journalists don't really know the game and their ignorance is telling in a statement like this.

A lot of people keep saying that Vardy is a flash in the pan and a one season wonder but they are only making that assumption because he plays for an unfashionable club and his previous record before this season with about five goals last season and a career outside the PL before that and him being no spring chicken.

What do I see when I see Vardy?

I see a player who has been confirmed as the quickest player in the PL this season and we all know in football speed kills.

I see probably the hardest working forward in world football.

A player who is great at heading a ball.

A player whose first touch is now superb, look at yesterday when he brought that ball down that was coming over his head that won the penalty.

A great finisher, look at how he moved the ball to create the angle at West Brom, he had plenty of time to think which can be the undoing of many players but he done everything perfectly.

I honestly have started to believe he's the best striker in the PL apart from Aguero.

These so called "experts" are judging him on perception, nothing else. These are the same "experts" who many thought Leicester would finish 20th despite us winning seven of our last nine last season and a good few of them we won easily.

If Vardy goes to Real Madrid and nets 40 goals they'll be calling him world class in a year and conveniently forgetting their uninformed opinions.

Exactly, I tried to listen to last weeks show as a podcast but got angry and switched it off.  As it's a show comprised of journalists they have no one to pull them up on the lies they print.  Last week they read four articles regarding Mourinho, each paper had a 'source' claiming a different amount of games he had to save his job.  They weren't asked or questioned who is correct.

The best thing Vardy could do after taking a heavy knock yesterday plus playing with a slight achilles heel problem yesterday is to withdraw from the England squad.

Up Hodgson and the media whores who are saying, it's a fluke, etc, etc. Vardy should do what he does best play for us and not

Be bothered about England.

Let the likes of Hodgson continue with the media darlings Rooney and Kane up front we won't get out the group next year in the Euros

Vardy has been playing like this for a couple of years now. It's only since he's notched a few goals anybody has noticed.

Admittedly his finishing, final ball and ability to beat the offside trap has slightly improved this season but everything else you see he's always had.

There's no way he's a one season wonder. We are not wondering anything. To some extent he is doing what we City fans expected or believed he could do given his previous improvements in the off season.

i hope he has complained, he has every right to complain. just because he doesn't play for united or earn 250k a week he should "be happy just to get a mention in the squad"? fu ck that. he should respond by saying he's comfortably the best striker in the country at the moment so he should be starting up front.

Too right. Maybe he needs 2 goals in 15 games for Spurs to get in his natural position with England?

Vardy should do what he does best play for us and not Be bothered about England.

Let the likes of Hodgson continue with the media darlings Rooney and Kane up front we won't get out the group next year in the Euros

Too right, I've not been fussed about England for quite a few years now, Woy should've been sacked straight after the World Cup shambles but the FA didn't have anyone with a high profile who would take the job.

Now it's all this ten wins, yes but ten wins against tiny countries with part time players.

Get to the Euros and the first game against a proper side, ie Germany, Spain etc and they'll lose.

All they want in the side are the corporate, sponsors favourites, the scouser with old carpet on his head and Kane.

A non league player who has climbed the ranks and worked harder than the pampered top club academy players wasn't on their wish list.

Shame we didn't beat Spurs, a 3 point advantage over them would have been useful. We had the better chances if I recall.

Morgan had the header near the end, which either side of the keeper was a goal.

Was a tight game though.

If we were playing Spurs away in the next game, i certainly wouldn`t be fearfull though, in fact i would quite fancy us against them.

We are currently at least the equal of Spurs in my opinion.

Morgan had the header near the end, which either side of the keeper was a goal.

Was a tight game though.

If we were playing Spurs away in the next game, i certainly wouldn`t be fearfull though, in fact i would quite fancy us against them.

We are currently at least the equal of Spurs in my opinion.

Are you not watching this game?

They look a quality side!

• Like 2

Wish armchair pundits would bore off with this "one season wonder" bullshit. Vardy was excellent for the first period and final period of last season, so although his goalscoring run is unprecedented it's hardly as if he's suddenly become the player he is overnight. Likewise, Kane gets the same tag, even though he's now on fire himself after a slow start and has just put Spurs ahead with his 6th of the season - not to mention that he's banging them in for England too. I'd like to see Vardy in the hole behind Kane to be honest, but it's never gonna happen while Woy continues to rim Rooney.

With the exception of Michu, I don't think any of the players consistently branded "one season wonders" have genuinely faded into obscurity.

Edited by bluesbrothers

I was very impressed with Spurs when we played them. As someone else said they are a very rounded team. Fast, organised, strong, keep the ball well, fluid in attack.

I thought they moved the ball very slowly against us and were purely focussed on retaining possession. Very boring to watch in that game (partly our fault as we sat back).

Today they've been unbelievable. Great pressing, positive passing, great movement off the ball.

This could be a brilliant title race - Man City, Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal all play very different styles and each looks at times brilliant and at times incredibly vulnerable.

Agree totally.

If anyone on this forum, was chosen to help in a project, or sitting down for your yearly assesment, you would say,

' Hold on boss, look at my strengths, and where I have improved in the necessary and relevant areas, that give

you the reason to select me, or where you yourself acknowledged my work and effort'

IF my boss complained then, that its not my job to pudh myself forward, wouldnt we say, thanks but no thanks

I'm off. Or ok I am off to play for Ireland..!!