Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

For all the Kane lovers on here, yes he's a good player but Vady has twice as many goals AND scored 2 against Arsenal. However I'd be quite happy to see Vardy play in front of Kane with Wayne, the media in London just love me as well as deluded fans, Rooney rooted squarely on the bench. On Vardys form he will probably pass Rooneys scoring record within a couple of years!

I was very impressed with Spurs when we played them. As someone else said they are a very rounded team. Fast, organised, strong, keep the ball well, fluid in attack. 

shows the standards of the league if that spurs performance left you "very impressed". kane was pathetic and they looked for the most part like unless there was some very bad defending they wouldn't score a goal all season. we should've won comfortably and had the ref done even a bit of his job right we would've done. and even despite gifting them a goal we very nearly scored two more after that to win anyway. they got lucky to get a point. 

Vardy has been playing like this for a couple of years now. It's only since he's notched a few goals anybody has noticed.

Admittedly his finishing, final ball and ability to beat the offside trap has slightly improved this season but everything else you see he's always had.

There's no way he's a one season wonder. We are not wondering anything. To some extent he is doing what we City fans expected or believed he could do given his previous improvements in the off season.

Yes, he has always been good, but now has has honed his skills a little each year and most importantly he really believes in himself now. It would be nice to hear, someone on TV call Vardy the amazing talent he is. He's an amazing player and there is no one in the PL playing better than him right now. All we ever hear is non league...blah blah..Stocksbridge Park Steels...works his socks off...tries hard crap! He plays for Leicester City not f***ing Stocksbridge Park Steels, we are sitting 3rd 1 point off the top of the table and he's the PL's top scorer!! It's not just Vardy, the whole team gets little praise for how good they are. This squad has improved and are improving every game. They now have the belief they are good enough to play in the PL. That's what Ranieri has brought to the team. As good as Pearson was for us, it felt like has was a little bit in awe of playing the big clubs, but Ranieri is pretty matter of fact about it. They have the same swagger of two seasons ago. We all need to start believing in this team, they aren't plucky minnows, they deserve to be where we are.

The best thing Vardy could do after taking a heavy knock yesterday plus playing with a slight achilles heel problem yesterday is to withdraw from the England squad.

Up Hodgson and the media whores who are saying, it's a fluke, etc, etc. Vardy should do what he does best play for us and not

Be bothered about England.

Let the likes of Hodgson continue with the media darlings Rooney and Kane up front we won't get out the group next year in the Euros

Too right, I've not been fussed about England for quite a few years now

i imagine, crazy as it sounds, that you'd probably care more about england if you were in with quite a decent shout of leading the line at euro 2016 

i imagine, crazy as it sounds, that you'd probably care more about england if you were in with quite a decent shout of leading the line at euro 2016 

You were on to something until the last part of your sentence.

England are shít, let-down merchants. pretty much always have been. there, I said it.

We have the players, just look around the mid/bottom half of the PL and the Championship. We could have a really exciting team, but Woy has just got the hang of playing FIFA 11 and he doesn't want to buy a newer game because he would have to figure out how to change the disk.    

You think he will even be in the squad when sturridge/Walcott are fit? Kane and Rooney are guaranteed.

I doubt he is even 5th choice when welbeck is fit, regardless of these scoring exploits.

I mean look at his persistence with anDROSS Townsend over the likes of Albrighton?

You think he will even be in the squad when sturridge/Walcott are fit? Kane and Rooney are guaranteed.

I doubt he is even 5th choice when welbeck is fit, regardless of these scoring exploits.

I mean look at his persistence with anDROSS Townsend over the likes of Albrighton?

If he's the top English scorer come May (highly likely) then he'll be on the plane regardless and will most likely be starting.

The only question is whether he'll get game time in the middle or not.

there is a decent shout that none of the three players you mentioned will be fit 

If he's the top English scorer come May (highly likely) then he'll be on the plane regardless and will most likely be starting.

The only question is whether he'll get game time in the middle or not.

If he's gonna play wide right, don't take him, send Albrighton in instead, better right winger.

Roy has to fit him in, that's all he is doing, but it's not good for Vardy/England when he's wide right, I'd rather him not be in the side.

I agree with the comments on the sunday supplement, I used to watch it alot, but now its just a load of rubbish, they seem to put us down more often than not,

and yesterday that had that Charlie Wyett was on and he always seems to have some sort of chip on his shoulder for us

You would have thought he'd have noticed Albrighton and Drinkwater by now wouldn't you?

Shelvey may be decent on the ball and the only player that passes to Vardy but he has no pace at all, he's incredibly slow off the mark and at full speed he's lumbering at best. We'll get murdered in midfield in the Euro's

England's squad right now is absolutely horrid. Vardy will struggle to make an impact because if he hasn't got the players around him then he can look very ordinary.

In the right set up with Barkley, Walcott, Sterling and Wilshere. He could be fantastic as they know how to play counter attacking football if only they could be fit for long enough and allowed to play that way.

I agree with the comments on the sunday supplement, I used to watch it alot, but now its just a load of rubbish, they seem to put us down more often than not,

and yesterday that had that Charlie Wyett was on and he always seems to have some sort of chip on his shoulder for us

Total bunch of cvnts on that awful program!

Saw the intro of Sunday Supplement and then switched off. Not even a mention of Vardy becoming the first English player to score in 9 successive PL games. Just usual boring blah, blah about the big clubs. I seriously think that we could win the bl00dy league and they would still ignore it beyond saying it was a fluke and then moving on to 90 minutes discusion of Man U's and Chelsea's transfer plans for the summer.