Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Saw the intro of Sunday Supplement and then switched off. Not even a mention of Vardy becoming the first English player to score in 9 successive PL games. Just usual boring blah, blah about the big clubs. I seriously think that we could win the bl00dy league and they would still ignore it beyond saying it was a fluke and then moving on to 90 minutes discusion of Man U's and Chelsea's transfer plans for the summer.

agreed, hence I seldom watch it these days or buy a newspaper.

“We had 60% of the possession,” Flores said. “This is good but with these statistics we didn’t win, so we need to think about it. Leicester had 40% of possession. It is because they are running. They want to run. They love it. They are used to running when we have the ball.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/09/premier-league-10-talking-points-from-weekend-spurs-jurgen-klopp

I agree with the comments on the sunday supplement, I used to watch it alot, but now its just a load of rubbish, they seem to put us down more often than not,

and yesterday that had that Charlie Wyett was on and he always seems to have some sort of chip on his shoulder for us

Probably because he said we'd go down with about six points as Ranieri was a disaster and we should've gone for a British coach.

Vardy becomes the first Englishman in premier league history to score in nine consecutive games and practically all the tabloids

Don' t recognise it. The article listed above top ten facts in the premier league this weekend starts with Spurs midfield is purring. Wtf?

The Guardian did also write this, and this, and this, over the weekend, it's not like the papers are all ignoring it.

I used to listen to the Sunday Supp back in 11/12 when I was at work early on a Monday morning. I still remember every week it was "when" Redknapp became England manager. They'd managed to convince themselves it was nailed on, a shoe-in. They were devastated when he didn't get it.

Awful show that just caters for the popular teams. Don't forget also that the journalists they have on only know about the top teams. Ask them to talk in depth about any team outside of the big six or seven and they'll umm, err and BS their way through.

The BBC world service, when talking about the results over the weekend, keeping saying Man City and Arsenal are joint top of the table. I keep screaming back AND LEICESTER! And then I remember they got a point for drawing :(

Edited by Merging Cultures

Leicester’s manager said. “But this is my team, Roy has another team. For us it’s important he scores goals and the transfer window is far.”

Seems to suggest CR will be looking for a striker when it opens???

He's worried Jamie will go  :(

still find it interesting how many people class swansea (3 wins all season, lost to hull, watford, stoke & norwich and failed to beat sunderland) a real tough fixture that we're never getting anything from

Incredibly easy run? An easy Palace side they failed to win against is in there.

Worth noting that they lost to Swansea and drew with Newcastle, two teams near the bottom.

And thrown in that the only good side we've played thrashed us? You lost 3-0 to them in a more one sided game!

We may well slide away, most likely actually. But 8 points from next 9 games? Alright then.

lol

Edited by ImBlue

Not sure how that Manchester United poster thinks we've had an "incredibly easy run in". It's been pretty similar to theirs. "The only top team they played is Arsenal and lost 5-2" yeah the same Arsenal team that beat them 3-0 with ease.

This current myth about easy games.

Has anyone looked at the table. We beat a West ham side that have several notches on the bed post this season.

Palace just won at Liverpool.

Held spurs who are unbeaten since the opening day.

Drew at Stoke who just beat Chelsea.

Ffs I'm looking forward to beating a shit Chelsea side a bang average Utd side and Liverpool.

The only downside is us showing klopp how it's done two weeks before the window opens.

This current myth about easy games.

Has anyone looked at the table. We beat a West ham side that have several notches on the bed post this season.

Palace just won at Liverpool.

Held spurs who are unbeaten since the opening day.

Drew at Stoke who just beat Chelsea.

Ffs I'm looking forward to beating a shit Chelsea side a bang average Utd side and Liverpool.

The only downside is us showing klopp how it's done two weeks before the window opens.

Drew at Southampton too. They aren't exactly pushovers. 

like fez said other than united and city we've played everyone in the top 8. 5 of the other top 7. same as united? in fact they got lucky cos they played liverpool pre-klopp and they've played city without any of their good players. 

we've had incredibly similar games to united tbf and we've got a point extra. 

the guy on that united thread that said we'd do well to win "maybe one" of our next 8 games. we play newcastle, bournemouth & swansea in those next 8 games, i'd be pretty upset if we don't beat two, if not all three of those. let alone the other 5 games too. 

I really don't think 8 points from the next 9 games is either that bad or that unrealistic. I'd say we're just as likely to get 8 as we are 18 (neither is especially likely).

As the guy says, 33 points from 21 games for us would be amazing for us - if we can push on and hit 60 from where we are now (35 points from 26 games) I'd still be pretty chuffed - we'd be 7th or 8th which would be a really good season.

I reckon we'll get 12 or 13 from the next 9. Sooner or later we will get a disappointing result, something we've not experienced for about 8 months in the league.

Edited by ttfn

I agree with the comments on the sunday supplement, I used to watch it alot, but now its just a load of rubbish, they seem to put us down more often than not,

and yesterday that had that Charlie Wyett was on and he always seems to have some sort of chip on his shoulder for us

Custom%20Image_zpsy25nliab.jpg

• Like 2