Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I disagree. The writer makes the assumption we are going to come unstuck against the "big" clubs without putting forward any evidence or argument to back it up, but simply on the basis that they are "big' clubs. It's the Roy Hodgson mentality.

I agree with this. Arsenal beat us, fair enough, but they are one of the top 2 teams in the league. We expect to lose to them.

But who is to say we can't beat a toothless Man U side, a struggling Swansea, and then an awful Chelsea side.

This bloke has came to his conclusions based on the fact that we have to play some 'big teams', which I think is wrong, simply because most of these 'big teams' aren't actually that good.

So small teams tend to struggle against the top 4, is that what he is saying? The top 4 who by definition have collected more points than the other 16 teams. Teams outside the top 4 are always 'flat track bullies' trams don't stay up by beating man city and Arsenal.

We are exceeding expectations but a good season from here doesn't mean a top 4 finish, it still means a top ten finish.

Dont know if its all fair.

The comment about everything falling perfectly for us so far is ridiculous.

We rarely play well for 90 minutes which is why we invariably end up 1 or 2 goals down.. It hasn't clicked for us for a full 90 very often, we can massively improve in defence and Kasper commanding his area...

We haven't peaked we can get even better with our performance levels I truly believe that.

Agreed.

If we can get the right starting line up, then put a performance together for 90 minutes somebody is going to get battered.

Haha Redknapp is an absolute clown.

Just sour grapes, because he must have applied for the job. Don't really know how he's got the nerve to comment about CR with his own track record. Getting a club relegated, but faking a bad knee instead of taking the fall with them! Classy move that. 

Just sour grapes, because he must have applied for the job. Don't really know how he's got the nerve to comment about CR with his own track record. Getting a club relegated, but faking a bad knee instead of taking the fall with them! Classy move that. 

And being spotted walking without crutches shortly after his departure. The bloke's crooked as fvck. A perfect example of a nobhead who gets by far easier than he should do.

Assume you missed the bit about our record v Arsenal, Spurs etc...

I don't think we'll repeat that Arsenal game, I thought we were unlucky that day to come up against an absolutely on fire Arsenal side, but I can sort of see why people are thinking we may not have enough for the other top sides.

If we win our next two then I think people are going to start taking us seriously.

No, I didn't miss it, but I consider that he didn't go deeply enough in analysing the arsenal result - simply looked at the score. He didn't consider that we were within a whisker of being 3-0 up in 15 mins (how that would have affected the score), or that it was just a blip in our performance irrespective of the opposition. (Did he think that Man City's title hopes were dashed because they had a blip in their last match, and against much inferior opposition?).

Went to the England France game last night.Had a lot of people come up to me and say how much they enjoyed watching Leicester and how much they loved Vardy and wanted him in their team. The atmosphere was really poor, they need to get the clappers at England games. It was very flat, very surreal

Went to the England France game last night.Had a lot of people come up to me and say how much they enjoyed watching Leicester and how much they loved Vardy and wanted him in their team. The atmosphere was really poor, they need to get the clappers at England games. It was very flat, very surreal

Don't think last night was the right time/occasion for a great, rivalrous atmosphere.
  • Like 2

Don't think last night was the right time/occasion for a great, rivalrous atmosphere.

I get your point but this is not a one off. I received a survey after the Estonia match and told the FA to take a leaf out of our book and do whatever they can to improve the atmosphere.

The only game I've seen on telly (never been myself), that the atmosphere seemed decent was the friendly with Scotland 18 months or so back. A lot of England standing behind both goals and just seemed a completely different crowd for obvious reasons.

Other than that though, it's an absolute snoozefest with constant unimaginative FA funded tifos.   :yawn:

Its a decent analysis but we are not "Lucky" with injuries. Its so funny how people (especially Arsenal fans) think its luck haha. Also his maths on every single goal has come from Vardy and Mahrez (19 goals + 6 assists) is incorrect as they have assisted each other. Plus our squad is not thin. Those 8 players play in every game because they are performing.

Edited by 4ever and ever

To be fair, that's actually a pretty good article. It's well researched. Obviously I'd like to tell him to fvck off but he justifies his thinking properly. He unfortunately makes a lot of valid points.

I Wouldn't call that well researched. To say we are going to slide down the table and his reasoning " well just look at last seasons surprise package" is nothing more than Pub mentality.

He may well be right, but his logic isnt.

To be fair, that's actually a pretty good article. It's well researched. Obviously I'd like to tell him to fvck off but he justifies his thinking properly. He unfortunately makes a lot of valid points.

Really good read is that. I reckon he's probably saying what many of us are thinking. Would love to prove him wrong but can't argue with his logic really

I Wouldn't call that well researched. To say we are going to slide down the table and his reasoning " well just look at last seasons surprise package" is nothing more than Pub mentality.

He may well be right, but his logic isnt.

His logic is based on our record against the top sides so far this season, and the fact that 40% of our remaining fixtures are against top 6 sides. Logically, I can't see how that isn't logical?

His logic is based on our record against the top sides so far this season, and the fact that 40% of our remaining fixtures are against top 6 sides. Logically, I can't see how that isn't logical?

My point was of course his opening line as to why.  Made no sense at all.

we've played 2 top sides hardly a fair sample to make a judgement

No, I didn't miss it, but I consider that he didn't go deeply enough in analysing the arsenal result - simply looked at the score. He didn't consider that we were within a whisker of being 3-0 up in 15 mins (how that would have affected the score), or that it was just a blip in our performance irrespective of the opposition. (Did he think that Man City's title hopes were dashed because they had a blip in their last match, and against much inferior opposition?).

You aren't wrong in what you're saying, but ultimately it's a results business and we've so far shown ourselves to be excellent against the bottom half sides, but very much an unknown quantity against what we've got coming up in the next couple of months.

You are right that we could have been three up after fifteen minutes but we lost the game 2-5. That shows a tendency to crumble to me.

if anyone strongly disagrees with that piece of writing then they are massively biased. it was well researched and pretty much spot on.

FFS too damn right I am bias.

Well researched pfiffle!!! , just obvious by looking at the fixture list is "well researched"

The noggin, didnt even mention W.Ham.

Spot on, load of waffle..!!

Of course one can have all the negatives, its in the back of my head, we could well fall off the pace.

BUT supporting your team to me is believing the impossible, and the what ifs, and just maybes.

So my 1st thoughts are not negative, its not my job as a fan to reason in any shape or form..

You see I am really different to you wuzzies, you non believers you infidels of soccer dreams.

Every game I believe in the 3 points, at least 1pt, you see I dare believe.

THIS so called hard period, I spit in the wind at what difficulties await us.

This is what its all about, showing you just might have the right tactics, you are stronger than what

the Status Quo will have you believe. Fear if we fail, why should we not be the smack in the eye..!!

Why should we cower before these unknown quests, and doubt our own prowess.

You see I am a fox supporter, I dare believe, its my right to believe , we are coming out of December laughing

our heads off. This Sunday we could be top, those 2 unknowns above us have 2 hard games.

Manu, Swansea, Chelsea our next opponents are not actually having it their way.

Ranieri and his guys have not been seen lately in the Garden center, so the spades for digging us out of an hole

is not yet in their mind set...

Research, then put all facts on the table, and dont dribble on about how it looks from last seasons stats.

Until/if fall in the hole, its my right as a fan to dream, then after every 2-3 game reasses my dreams

You aren't wrong in what you're saying, but ultimately it's a results business and we've so far shown ourselves to be excellent against the bottom half sides, but very much an unknown quantity against what we've got coming up in the next couple of months.

You are right that we could have been three up after fifteen minutes but we lost the game 2-5. That shows a tendency to crumble to me.

We can go by two sides: Tottenham and Arsenal and possibly Southampton away at a push to make that evaluation. Tottenham we were not outplayed at all, I think it'd be fair to say if it ended 0-1 then we could hardly have any complaints but clearly we didn't crumble and equalised immediately. Vs Arsenal we didn't crumble either hence our late 2nd goal. We were still playing well and fighting with our usual resilience but Arsenal just had a few moments of world class quality.

My personal insight in our run in is quite positive personally. We should be able to grab points from a poor Newcastl side and a struggling Swansea side. Chelsea's defence is all over the place at the moment as is ours so I can see that being a 3-2 or 2-3 kind of game. I fancy us to pinch a result from one of the Mersey side clubs, They could both out class us on their day but it is not unreasonable to assume we could get some points there. For me I think we'll only lose against Man City and Man United.

Newcastle: 3

Man United: 0

Swansea: 3

Chelsea: 0, 1 or 3

Liverpool and Everton: 1-3

Man City: 0

Bournemouth: 3

Tottenham: 1

Between 11-16 points from those 9 games putting us on between 36 and 41 points after 21 games.

That would have us in the top 5 last season at that point