Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

First things first the Newcastle game is not a gimme, and we shouldn't be looking past that, but when we do we will see good teams, but nothing terrifying, United have been poor going forwards, but solid at the back, they have dropped points against a lot of teams they shouldn't. Man City are injury hit at but rightfully top at the moment, Chelsea are woeful, Liverpool are also dropping points where they shouldn't and like Everton are 8 points below us for a reason. And Swansea are struggling.

I don't expect us to win every game or even remain unbeaten during this run, but if we go out there and attack each and every one of these teams with the same intensity as we have shown all season then we will be in a very healthy position come January. If we go into our shells and play with fear then we could be in trouble.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 3

First things first the Newcastle game is not a gimme, and we shouldn't be looking past that, but when we do we will see good teams, but nothing terrifying, United have been poor going forwards, but solid at the back, they have dropped points against a lot of teams they shouldn't. Man City are injury hit at but rightfully top at the moment, Chelsea are woeful, Liverpool are also dropping points where they shouldn't and like Everton are 8 points below us for a reason. And Swansea are struggling.

I don't expect us to win every game or even remain unbeaten during this run, but if we go out there and attack each and every one of these teams with the same intensity as we have shown all season then we will be in a very healthy position come January. If we go into our shells and play with fear then we could be in trouble.

This sums it up perfectly, Once we don't get ahead of ourselves and continue to approach each game in the same manner then yes I believe we can win more than we lose. Even against some of the big boys. Our pace will trouble anyone, we can just to tighten up at the back.

This sums it up perfectly, Once we don't get ahead of ourselves and continue to approach each game in the same manner then yes I believe we can win more than we lose. Even against some of the big boys. Our pace will trouble anyone, we can just to tighten up at the back.

Actually I believe, this is one of our major strengths and advantage that we have ,

this team doesn't do over confidence, they wont get ahead of themselves.I think they have learnt as a squad

from last seasons end run, why show or fear anything in the PL , they found a belief that they have earnt

the right to play in the PL. MAYBE the fans will do the whooping and shouting and go over the top with

expectatations, but I cant see this group of players, start to get starryeyed or conceited.

They have learnt some hard lessons.They can and should be arrogant in their play, in their 1-2s, their dribbling,

and know they can turn games. They are Profis chasing their dreams, however the ethic in this squad ,

has shown in many interviews, that the players have their feet solidly on the ground.

Whats also been interesting giving a great feeling, other teams fans and forums have shown respect

and appreciation, to our style and approach in how we play.

Boring boring Leicester is no longer a chant from the opposition terraces.

I just hope City , Palace, and the hammers, can keep their entertaining styles, on track through the season.

Add Southampton, Swansea and Watford to the mix, we could be heading for one of the best seasons ever

in the PL.

Neither do I see a change in the top order , or that they struggle for max pts, a weakening of the PL, it could be

the different styles being on offer, gives the top guns a fairer test, and the fans far more interesting games,

and contests.

While we're on the subject I'm not keen on the lack of borders. No good for people who want to print. Personally I always off tick the gridlines and manually enter borders wherever they're needed, always in middle grey.

Hear, hear.