Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Kick Tv view on our season so far.

Aaargh - Americans and their "Premiere League"...  :nono: And it is up to this day not proven that Pearson actually "choked" McArthur, even the TV footage says otherwise.

And Vardy does lack Suarez' bite, after all. No comparison. :ph34r:

And we lost 5-2 against Arsenal.

Oh, well.

•  

Helping hands: Swansea chiefs are backing boss Garry Monk

Swansea will go like the clappers to help under-pressure Garry Monk save his job.

A run of one win in eight Premier League games ahead of Saturday’s crunch clash with fellow strugglers Bournemouth has turned up the heat on the Swans manager .

And Monk acknowledged he is fighting for his future months after leading the Welsh club to an eighth-place finish.

His cause has not been helped by claims of a rift between the 36-year-old and the board over the make-up of his coaching team.

But directors Leigh Dineen and Huw Cooze will show the club stand firmly behind Monk by helping staff distribute 19,000 clappers on seats at the Liberty Stadium for the meeting with the Cherries .

The Swansea hierarchy were impressed by the atmosphere the clappers helped generate in a defeat at Leicester last season, and hope the additional noise will contribute to a much-needed three points.

“If it gives us one per cent more chance of a win, I’m happy,” said vice-chairman Dineen.

How long before more clubs do it?

Edited by HankMarvin

Clappers is a good idea, so not surprised it is taking off around other grounds. Generates a good atmosphere and gets those that normally wouldn't make a sound actually using them.

Anyone else think that if clappers become the norm at grounds, we will lose our advantage?

Anyone else think that if clappers become the norm at grounds, we will lose our advantage?

I'm more thinking of a scenario where every ground will ultimately sound exactly the same then.

Then again, I'm pretty sure the club will have found something else to deploy as a replacement atmosphere generator assistance device. :D

I'm sure West Brom and Man City have had clappers too!

Hull also and I'm certain other teams have.

You can have Clappers but it does not mean you can generate an atmosphere, the Hull game where they had them looked pretty listless on the TV.

Guest CityFan 06

I've thought for a while that if Clappers become the norm which will they will be at our ground, will we able to maintain the same noise levels throughout the season. 

When every ground has them will the hipsters demand we go back to the tradition silent atmosphere?

they already have, haven't you seen the "plaudits for our atmosphere" thread, they've wanted us to go back to 90% silence ever since they were introduced.