Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Seen some nice stuff about us, really liked this though. Think he's spot on about just letting us enjoy the moment.

"They're having an absolutely fantastic season and playing some of the most entertaining football I've seen in the Premier League for a while, it's that little more special when you see a side with the players they've got playing such great attacking football. It's easy to do if you're Man City but the Foxes have really lit up the league this season and deserve all the credit they're getting and some.

What really grates on me is all the 'they'll come tumbling down soon' types. So what, let them enjoy it for f**k sake, football is meant to be about entertainment, making the most of each enjoyable moment, that's why being a West Ham fan can be such fun at times, it's always fans of the so called big clubs that seem to have this attitude too, I keep saying to my girlfriends dad 'look what you've become' when he tells me we'll slide down the league, he's a Man City fan and I have to keep reminding him that not so long ago Man City were one of the average/sh*t sides and their fans hated the elite and the way their fans sneered at them, now Man City have become a worse version of their neighbours from across the city, 4-1 losers at home today, a one man club, the second Kompany is out of the side that ridiculously and wrongly put together side looks clueless at the back.

No this is brilliant for the league, I enjoyed watching Leicester last season, even when they were struggling they kept plugging away and kept trying to play offensive football, this season they've taken it up a few notches and if we can't break into the top 6 I'd love it to be them that does, and the Vardy story is one that warms the heart and gives hope to players across the country"

• Like 4

The Leicester fans that call the 606 football phone in are rridiculous. Most other teams fans put up a reasonable debate and seem quite grounded but ours sound punch drunk spouting embarassing things.

This weeks highlights were Kante's the best midfielder ever, arguing with Savage because Savage said he thought Lennon and Izzet were better or have done more for LCFC at least. The guy kept making out Sav had said he was better. Proper clown

The last caller of the show saying we're definitely going to win the league. It must make other teams fans think we're all like these lot

Whoooooosh.  lol

Seen some nice stuff about us, really liked this though. Think he's spot on about just letting us enjoy the moment.

"They're having an absolutely fantastic season and playing some of the most entertaining football I've seen in the Premier League for a while, it's that little more special when you see a side with the players they've got playing such great attacking football. It's easy to do if you're Man City but the Foxes have really lit up the league this season and deserve all the credit they're getting and some.

What really grates on me is all the 'they'll come tumbling down soon' types. So what, let them enjoy it for f**k sake, football is meant to be about entertainment, making the most of each enjoyable moment, that's why being a West Ham fan can be such fun at times, it's always fans of the so called big clubs that seem to have this attitude too, I keep saying to my girlfriends dad 'look what you've become' when he tells me we'll slide down the league, he's a Man City fan and I have to keep reminding him that not so long ago Man City were one of the average/sh*t sides and their fans hated the elite and the way their fans sneered at them, now Man City have become a worse version of their neighbours from across the city, 4-1 losers at home today, a one man club, the second Kompany is out of the side that ridiculously and wrongly put together side looks clueless at the back.

No this is brilliant for the league, I enjoyed watching Leicester last season, even when they were struggling they kept plugging away and kept trying to play offensive football, this season they've taken it up a few notches and if we can't break into the top 6 I'd love it to be them that does, and the Vardy story is one that warms the heart and gives hope to players across the country"

I found some of the football we played from October to December pretty offensive!

Amazing to think that this time last year we were 5 and a half games without a goal and this year we're the top scorers in the league without blanking once.

Playing Style

Wild, British, offensive - Leicester is in the Premier League for spectacle. Front hui, behind Pooh. 28 goals - no team has more. But for that it rained even 20 goals conceded. Only six teams were to score more goals. Pro Leicester game almost four goals are scored in the section. By comparison, only nine goals conceded Followers ManUnited, scored himself only 19 goals.

Got to love google translate. :D

just exactly the kind of football i want to see

• Like 1

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho insists Leicester are not title contenders

Last Updated: 23/11/15 3:47pm

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
jose-mourinho-chelsea-press-conference_3
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has praised the work of Claudio Ranieri at Leicester

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho insists Leicester are not title contenders despite sitting top of the Premier League after 13 games.

Mourinho, whose Chelsea side have endured their worst start to a Premier League season and lie 15th with 14 points from 13 games, believes Leicester and manager Claudio Ranieri have done "amazingly" and "deserve respect".

But the Portuguese believes Ranieri - whom he replaced for his first stint as Chelsea boss in 2004 - and the Leicester players would not be insulted by him ruling the Midlands club out of the title race.

"Whether they be title contenders or not, we should focus on what they are doing and say they are doing amazingly well," Mourinho said. 

"I am happy to see somebody in Ranieri that, when he signed for Leicester, all the bets were that he'd be the first one to be sacked, but he is top of the league.

leicester-manager-claudio-ranieri-jamie-
Claudio Ranieri and Jamie Vardy have done 'amazingly' according to Jose Mourinho

"I don't think Ranieri and the Leicester players will insult me if I say I don't believe they are going to be champions. I think they will accept my comment and feel more my compliments. They deserve respect for what they are doing."

Speaking in his pre-match press conference ahead of the Champions League Group G clash with Maccabi Tel Aviv, Mourinho was also careful when answering a question about Jamie Vardy's success.

The England striker equalled Ruud van Nistelrooy's record of scoring in 10 consecutive Premier League games on Saturday, and Mourinho said: "I don't want to analyse the boy because if I do you will take my words and put them in a different perspective, and say I want to or do not want to sign him.

"The point is a super striker like Van Nistelrooy did something historical in the Premier League, and the reality is that Vardy has equalled that and has the chance to make history. So what he is doing is remarkable."

Wenger on Jamie Vardy…
It’s absolutely fantastic. It is not a miracle, because that is a consequence of his quality. The miracle is that he played at Fleetwood and that he didn’t play in the Premier League before.

Wenger on Leicester…
It is a surprise. Leicester fought not to go down last season but they won their last seven games. When we played against them last season at Emirates Stadium we came to the conclusion there is something special in this team already so overall they surprised everybody and congratulations to them.

I've got a feeling that because we've not really been on TV this season it could play into our hands.

Opposition fans have only seen snippets of us and our players on MOTD this season. It will take a few games on TV and against the big clubs until people fully understand what we are all about.

I really hope we perform over the next 6 games or so because it would be an injustice to label us a flash in the pan.

Edited by EnglishOxide
  • Like 1

http://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-11

There have been many quick to state how much credit Pearson deserves for this Leicester rise, but that feels slightly disingenuous. Of course they finished the season strongly, but Ranieri has got far more out of the club’s attacking players, recruited smartly and changed the formation from 3-4-1-2 to a fluid 4-4-2 that varies between 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-1-1. He has been the tinkerman, but less so with his team selection and more with the shape.

Have to say I agree with this. In a way I think Pearson has been given too much credit for last season but not enough for what he did before. To win a league with 102 points is a remarkable achievement, to nearly get back-to-back promotions is a very impressive effort. Getting a professional environment in place to ensure we have a fit, motivated squad should also be noted.

Last season was very trying and Pearson struggled hugely, it was only in the last 10 games we found a style and formation that suited. To stay up is fine and shouldn't be taken away but plenty of mistakes hindered us, whilst Ranieri has signed good players and improved several of those he's taken over (Vardy, Drinkwater, Morgan, Simpson as well as giving Albrighton a proper run). I think we're beyond Pearson having a huge influence now, however well he did for us.

Edited by Corky

http://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-11

There have been many quick to state how much credit Pearson deserves for this Leicester rise, but that feels slightly disingenuous. Of course they finished the season strongly, but Ranieri has got far more out of the club’s attacking players, recruited smartly and changed the formation from 3-4-1-2 to a fluid 4-4-2 that varies between 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-1-1. He has been the tinkerman, but less so with his team selection and more with the shape.

Have to say I agree with this. In a way I think Pearson has been given too much credit for last season but not enough for what he did before. To win a league with 102 points is a remarkable achievement, to nearly get back-to-back promotions is a very impressive effort. Getting a professional environment in place to ensure we have a fit, motivated squad should also be noted.

Last season was very trying and Pearson struggled hugely, it was only in the last 10 games we found a style and formation that suited. To stay up is fine and shouldn't be taken away but plenty of mistakes hindered us, whilst Ranieri has signed good players and improved several of those he's taken over (Vardy, Drinkwater, Morgan, Simpson as well as giving Albrighton a proper run). I think we're beyond Pearson having a huge influence now, however well he did for us.

I think the credit Pearson has got is fair enough. We know at least three (Okazaki, Kante and Fuchs) are three of his / his teams, they would have improved the team under him also.

I'm at the point I don't think we'd be where we are with him though. Purely because Claudio is so much better at seeing an issue and fixing it. He won't carry on with x player if he's playing badly for months on end. If it's not working first half he changes it in the second, rather than waiting for 65/75 minutes so as not to upset a player like Pearson seemed to.

Pearson and the players took until the back end of last season to learn how to win games in the Premier League.

The difference this season is that the players have that experience behind them. And Ranieri already knows how to win games at this level, his experience and tactical knowledge is superior.

It's that simple really.

There's no doubt we would have improved us even more under Pearson having that first season experience, but not to the extent that Ranieri has.

It is pretty great to see we're even getting into this conversation. but that doesn't mean that Sky article can't annoy me. 

"Southampton were second this time last year but ended up finishing seventh. Leicester will surely go the same way..."

Firstly, incredibly minor point, but after 13 games Southampton were 3rd. Less minor point, we aren't 2nd! And we're certainly not 7 points off the top like they were. On the other hand Newcastle were 9th this time last year, so it'll be funny to see Liverpool collapse and nearly get relegated.