Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Surprised that nobody has mentioned it, but the BBC live sportsday page was running a lot about us today. The poll was who will finish higher - Leicester or Chelsea. 59% think we will!

They were also asking people for their views on if we're title contenders. Got the respond that you'd expect really.

It is pretty great to see we're even getting into this conversation. but that doesn't mean that Sky article can't annoy me. 

"Southampton were second this time last year but ended up finishing seventh. Leicester will surely go the same way..."

Firstly, incredibly minor point, but after 13 games Southampton were 3rd. Less minor point, we aren't 2nd! And we're certainly not 7 points off the top like they were. On the other hand Newcastle were 9th this time last year, so it'll be funny to see Liverpool collapse and nearly get relegated.

Bloody Hell, i'll take 7th.

The trouble with 7th is, having finished 14th last year and 21st the year before, we'd run a strong risk of finishing 0th next year and I'm not sure anyone knows what would happen.

if you finish there you are champions for the next decade by default, its in the small print apparently

The trouble with 7th is, having finished 14th last year and 21st the year before, we'd run a strong risk of finishing 0th next year and I'm not sure anyone knows what would happen.

Hmm... I'll get back to you on this.

You are quite right. But its probably true.

Don't get me wrong we're probably not. But the reason will be because of injuries or suspensions. People say 'they won't win it because they're not a big club' and it's just lazy.

Sorry, I thought there was just one when I heard Sean from Enderby was on there. How the BBC keep on letting him on I'll never know.

Oh right. No theres a few. The other week some lad phoned in and said that against Palace Kante made an average of 7 tackles a minute lol

LEICESTER HAVE WORST RECORD AS LEAGUE LEADERS AFTER 13 GAMES

Leicester's record is the worst of any table-topping team after 13 games since the first season of the Premier League. 

Chelsea (2010-11), Aston Villa (1998-99), Manchester United (1997-98) and Newcastle (1996-97) all had a better goal difference with 28 points after 13 matches. 

Blackburn had 26 points after 13 games in 1992-93 - none of them went on to win the title. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3330182/Arsenal-aren-t-consistent-Chelsea-disaster-story-season-Leicester-feelgood-factor-does-actually-want-win-Premier-League.html#ixzz3sKxzd7Vb 

Leicester's record is the worst of any table-topping team after 13 games since the first season of the Premier League. 

Chelsea (2010-11), Aston Villa (1998-99), Manchester United (1997-98) and Newcastle (1996-97) all had a better goal difference with 28 points after 13 matches. 

Blackburn had 26 points after 13 games in 1992-93 - none of them went on to win the title. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3330182/Arsenal-aren-t-consistent-Chelsea-disaster-story-season-Leicester-feelgood-factor-does-actually-want-win-Premier-League.html#ixzz3sKxzd7Vb 

What a f**king shambles. Ranieri out.

• Like 4

Had to be the Mail to find a fact that backs up the "Leicester will definitely fall down the league because Southampton did" argument.

Absolute willies.

What a f**king shambles. Ranieri out.

Don't let the mail bamboozle you. Including us, that's 6 out of 23 seasons, so more than a quarter of seasons were just as- HOLD ON. NONE OF THEM WENT ON TO WIN?! Ranieri out. Chelsea sacked him for finishing 2nd. Why are we any less than them.

Does this now mean the so called 'top 4', then became the 'top 6', and now we've gatecrashed the party it's a top 7?

Because they can't leave any of the other trendy clubs out just because we have taken a spot up there after a third of the season.

How the hell have Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool crashed the party!