Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

It's the "most of the rest are debatable line" that gets me, as if:

A) O'Shea being better than Morgan, Pantilimon being better than Schmeichel and M'Vila being better than Drinkwater are stone cold facts that are not even debatable, let alone 100% wrong.

B) The idea that there would be a debate about picking Vardy

C) The idea that they've ever had a player better than Mahrez. Probably going back to Len Shackleton for anybody who'd even enter the conversation I'd have thought, perhaps some of the older heads can offer an opinion on that.

neither have we tbf 

their "on paper" argument is amazing. they do know that their bit of paper says CATTERMOLE, OSHEA, PANTILLIMON, FLETCHER etc dont they? also on paper i'd say our team was either ridiculously amazing (mahrez vardy albrighton fuchs) or "never heard of him he must be shit" (drinkwater, kante, schlupp, shinji). on paper the only ones you'd laugh at would be morgan and simpson. and most of us laugh at simpson and morgan most the time too. 

they are mental 

Just seen on EMT that Derby now have a group called 1884 boys or some such, trying to create an atmosphere in the ground, flags and singing sections etc. wonder where they got that idea?

I suppose they do say that imitation is the best form of flattery.

To be fair they get 5000 standers behind the goal every game in the championship. 

Well that's that then. :( (Already posted. Ah well)

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho insists Leicester are not title contenders despite sitting top of the Premier League after 13 games.

Mourinho, whose Chelsea side have endured their worst start to a Premier League season and lie 15th with 14 points from 13 games, believes Leicester and manager Claudio Ranieri have done "amazingly" and "deserve respect".

But the Portuguese manager believes Ranieri - whom he replaced for his first stint as Chelsea boss in 2004 - and the Leicester players would not be insulted by him ruling the Midlands club out of the title race.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10076485/chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-insists-leicester-are-not-title-contenders

Edited by Larry_LCFC

First of all let’s just skim past the fact that in my season preview I predicted the Foxes would finish in 18th position. It was purely down to the fact that I didn’t fancy Claudio Ranieri’s chances of succeeding in a relegation dogfight. What I hadn’t reckoned with was that the Italian’s solution to this was simply, don’t become part of the relegation dogfight in the first place.

Just thought this as great, from here.

LEICESTER HAVE WORST RECORD AS LEAGUE LEADERS AFTER 13 GAMES

Leicester's record is the worst of any table-topping team after 13 games since the first season of the Premier League. 

Chelsea (2010-11), Aston Villa (1998-99), Manchester United (1997-98) and Newcastle (1996-97) all had a better goal difference with 28 points after 13 matches. 

Blackburn had 26 points after 13 games in 1992-93 - none of them went on to win the title. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3330182/Arsenal-aren-t-consistent-Chelsea-disaster-story-season-Leicester-feelgood-factor-does-actually-want-win-Premier-League.html#ixzz3sKxzd7Vb 

Am I being thick here , if Blackburn had 26pts after 13 games and topped the table , then Leicester do not have the worst record .

Am I being thick here , if Blackburn had 26pts after 13 games and topped the table , then Leicester do not have the worst record .

Leicester's record is the worst of any table-topping team after 13 games since the first season of the Premier League

Chelsea (2010-11), Aston Villa (1998-99), Manchester United (1997-98) and Newcastle (1996-97) all had a better goal difference with 28 points after 13 matches. 

Blackburn had 26 points after 13 games in 1992-93 - none of them went on to win the title. 

It took me a couple of minutes to figure it out.

Edited by tom27111

Leicester's record is the worst of any table-topping team after 13 games since the first season of the Premier League

It took me a couple of minutes to figure it out.

still to55ers for trying to put us down , we will just have to take a leaf out of Blackburns book

I don't have a problem with anything he has said - there's no way we are title contenders anyway. He's actually been surprisingly tactful in how he said it. Well, as tactful as he can be anyway.....

Now If he said it  at the end of December and we were still top, i'd like to know his logic....

Edited by MPH

Sky's major argument for us not winning the league is the fact 'we are Leicester'?!

So ****ing what? What's a team's name got to do with anything? Big name bias is unreal,

I know we won't win the league but the fact we're Leicester City isn't the reason

It's not to do with our name... More that we haven't spent half a billion on players over the last 5 years like the rest of them.

Wenger on Leicester…

It is a surprise. Leicester fought not to go down last season but they won their last seven games. When we played against them last season at Emirates Stadium we came to the conclusion there is something special in this team already so overall they surprised everybody and congratulations to them.

We played well against them. Tactically astute, pressed them and held them well.

The following game away at Villa (fa cup) who couldn't score a goal we played a very defensive 4-5-1 and sat back. We got beat.

Those two games sum up Pearson tactically. He often made absolute tactical howlers.

After hearing Mourhinio's whinge about Leicester not being title contenders shows how much of a tit the bloke really is !!

All I can say is Jose stranger things have happened and it ain't really been won by anyone yet so I think any of the top 6 could win it and why can't it be Leicester is it because we're not a fashionable London or Manchester team full of prima donnas ??

;)

• Like 1