Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

"known as the RAF'

ASV

AVS

SAV

SVA

VAS

VSA

Nope. I can't get any of their surname initial combinations to spell RAF. Perhaps it's first names  :ph34r:

Pretty sure this is in reference to Ranieri comparing the team to the RAF in a pre-match press conference a month or two ago. "My team is like the RAF. Whoosh!" when describing how quickly we turn defence into attack. Obviously Ranieri did an actual plane sound effect, rather than a whoosh.

Didn't Ranieri say when he got here that he found it odd that we had days off but wouldn't be changing it as it's clearly working or am I making that up?

I actually think I read that Ranieri added more training sessions and less days off during the week.

Guest MarshallForEngland

City are in first place and he might be your favourite! :glare:

It's an American publication. It's a lot more common to spell -ou words words like favour, labour, colour etc with no -u in American English.

Also, we can use singular or plural grammar for sports team names and collective nouns depending on what we are trying to express.

It's fine as it is.

Edited by MarshallForEngland

I reckon the owners* will splash big-time in the Transfer Window, as I bet even them didn't expect us to be this strong currently.

* Well they did mention, apparently, they wanted Champions League football in a few years' time.

"Lineker rekons vardy should jump at the chance of leaving Leicester for a bigger club" call your self a fan you stupidbig eared twat

That's taken out of context. He said at 28 he'd consider a move if a bigger club came in, which is correct. 

No need for the name calling afterwards either. I think Lineker has done enough for the club to justify himself as a fan don't you.

• Like 2

That's taken out of context. He said at 28 he'd consider a move if a bigger club came in, which is correct.

No need for the name calling afterwards either. I think Lineker has done enough for the club to justify himself as a fan don't you.

As a so called SUPPORTER for Leicester you don't go mouthing off that he thinks vardy should do what he did, and move to a bigger club! He is supporter of Leicester, not a good friend of vardy! And yes he is a big eared **** for stating this! If anything he should be saying, staying at Leicester would be best for him (if he's the fan he rekons he is) we would not replace vardy if he left, and this should concern all proper fans

As a so called SUPPORTER for Leicester you don't go mouthing off that he thinks vardy should do what he did, and move to a bigger club! He is supporter of Leicester, not a good friend of vardy! And yes he is a big eared **** for stating this! If anything he should be saying, staying at Leicester would be best for him (if he's the fan he rekons he is) we would not replace vardy if he left, and this should concern all proper fans

show some class..if it wasn't for Gary and a few others there wouldn't be a club to get worked up about... he was asked a straight question and gave a straight answer..the idea vardy or better still his agent is going to be swayed by anything Lineker says is laughable..  go and have a lay down..

• Like 2

Lineker saying he should leave won't have any bearing on whether he does or not. As a professional Vardy will know that should a "big team" come in for him, it will probably be his last chance to play for one. I think he'd back himself to be able to do it and he would go.... the sticking point though, is whether one of these "big teams" will be willing to pay what we want for someone who is going to be 29 in Jan and with really only 6 months of playing as he is at this level.

He has 2 and a half years left on his contract, so we're in a pretty good position to be able to withstand any offers that come in for him below what he's worth to us. It's going to take upwards of £20m to take him from us. I'm really not sure anyone will be willing to do that.

We might find ourselves in a Spurs / Westbrom stand off, where some cheap skate offers about £10m and Vardy wants to go. In that case, it's tough luck and the lad has to stay.

Lineker saying he should leave won't have any bearing on whether he does or not. As a professional Vardy will know that should a "big team" come in for him, it will probably be his last chance to play for one. I think he'd back himself to be able to do it and he would go.... the sticking point though, is whether one of these "big teams" will be willing to pay what we want for someone who is going to be 29 in Jan and with really only 6 months of playing as he is at this level.

He has 2 and a half years left on his contract, so we're in a pretty good position to be able to withstand any offers that come in for him below what he's worth to us. It's going to take upwards of £20m to take him from us. I'm really not sure anyone will be willing to do that.

We might find ourselves in a Spurs / Westbrom stand off, where some cheap skate offers about £10m and Vardy wants to go. In that case, it's tough luck and the lad has to stay.

Spurs are an example of a club that has elevated cheapskatery to an art form

I am convinced he'll want to stay until at least the summer, likewise Mahrez. On one hand Vardy will be acutely aware how precious footballing success is and at any given moment it could all come crashing down. He was very close to jacking it in after his rise to the championship with us and it'll have a big bearing on whether he dares risk moving to a bigger club and never hitting the same heights as he is right now. Rickie Lambert to a certain extent and a few other players of similar backgrounds have proven how delicate this decision is. Our whole team plays to Vardy's strengths. It's why he's getting chance after chance to destroy teams and can he get the same support at someone like Liverpool or Man Utd? He may well do even better, he certainly has the ability and desire but it doesn't always work like that. His confidence is so high right now that he'll feel invicible and you're right, this is his golden chance to get a move to one of the best clubs in England/Europe. It's why it's a massive decision for him and he'll take as much time as he can to consider this which probably suits all parties to be made in the summer. The one thing that might throw a spanner in the works for this is if people high up in the game get in his ear about the Euros in the summer, if he's repeatedly advised that he'll put his place at risk by staying at Leicester rather than testing himself at a bigger club then it could make things nasty in January.

Mahrez I believe will command such a high fee that it'll be drawn out past January and we'll keep him until the summer at least.

• Like 1

"Lineker rekons vardy should jump at the chance of leaving Leicester for a bigger club" call your self a fan you stupidbig eared twat

He said he should stay in January as moves don't work out well in general at that time, but that if a big club came in for him in the summer then it would be hard to refuse him his opportunity, and then used his own career move to Everton to say he couldn't advise him to stay as he himself didn't. 

He also went on to say that bids form other teams of 8 and 10 million are derisory. He said Mahrez and Vardy are world class (on current form) and would take a lot more to replace than that. 

Personally i hope they wanna stay for ever, but if not i just hope they haven't got release clauses in their contracts that trigger cheap moves. 

Edited by Al-aLondon-Foxile

When Lineker was 28 he had played for Leicester, Everton and Barcelona and moved to Spurs, he had also Won the Golden Boot at a World Cup.

He had proved himself time and again at the top level and so moving to a big club at 28 wasn't daunting.

Vardy is different, he has had  a very different route to the level he is now,  and I'm not saying he will doubt his own ability but he will remember how much he struggled in his first season for us, and his first season in the Prem and that will be enough for him to know that there is no guarantee of going to be a big club and being an instant success. 

As it comes to January we are in a fantastic position and are mixing it with the big boys, but if we tail off this season and finish 10th, then next season we start slowly and come January we are 14th, then a "big club" comes in for him, then he and we would have a decision to make.

But this Jan? No chance, we don't need to sell and nobody will offer enough money to turn our heads, also he has no reason to want to go, he is in the form of his life and changing clubs could very easily disrupt that.

• Like 1

Christ. This run really has brought out the worst in some of our fans. Calling Lineker a **** just because he wouldn't deny a 28 year old a big move. He's spent the majority of his career in non league/lower leagues. He has a young family and no Leicester fan should begrudge him the opportunity should it come about - he deserves it. It's unlikely it'll happen in Jan but could well do in the Summer.

Didn't hear the lineker interview, but it sounds like he has taken the easy option when answering the question.

He could have gone the other way and said, He rise to the top level has been amazing, he is in the form of his life and this Leicester side is built around him. Moving at this point in his career he could end up like Ricky Lambert and wasting a year of what short time he has left in the game.

Would any of that be wrong?

I know we as fans love our club and want him to stay and obviously at times that give us the blue tinted specs, he is not a fan and I could understand if we finish mid table and a utd or liverpool came in, yes he may fancy testing himself.

But there are so many if's but's and maybe's in this. Whilst we are where we are, why leave in Jan, if he fires us to europe why leave in the summer, the fee we would want, his age, all massive factors, all this talk is just paper talk, does LVG really want Vardy, doesn't play the players he has in places that make sense at times.

We just don't know, unless a huge offer comes in and the club decide to take the money for someone at his age, or unless as someone else mentioned a big club put in a shit offer but vardy says he want's to go, then until that point, just enjoy it, I hope he scores in the next 3 or 4 games and smashes RVN record to pieces and if he doesn't then fine the run has been great anyway.

Vardy and Mahrez surely would need to see out this season and maintain their current form (or near enough to it?) if either considers a big money move to a "bigger" club - 13 games is not enough of a consistent gauge in my opinion.

If and I say if we slump in the coming weeks and Vardys hot streak dries up, the media and the opposition fans will be ruthlessly brutal in shit canning us just as they have jumped on the Leicester "love in" over the past few weeks.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/25/premier-league-champions-league-bayern-barcelona-real-madrid-leicester

Topsy-turvy Premier League is great – until it comes to Champions League
England’s Champions League clubs face a harder domestic grind than Bayern Munich, Barcelona or Real Madrid, but we should relish Leicester being top

Great points to win and it shows they have a great deal of resilience, but if the concede goals against the bigger teams at the same rate as they have so far, they will struggle to replicate those kinds of comebacks.

If we were to take a 2 goal lead against them then I couldn't see them scoring 2 or 3 goals against us

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/leicesters-next-6-fixtures.411665/page-2

He's got a point, Leicester coming back from two goals down against Man United is unthinkable. :giggle:

I am convinced he'll want to stay until at least the summer, likewise Mahrez. On one hand Vardy will be acutely aware how precious footballing success is and at any given moment it could all come crashing down. He was very close to jacking it in after his rise to the championship with us and it'll have a big bearing on whether he dares risk moving to a bigger club and never hitting the same heights as he is right now. Rickie Lambert to a certain extent and a few other players of similar backgrounds have proven how delicate this decision is. Our whole team plays to Vardy's strengths. It's why he's getting chance after chance to destroy teams and can he get the same support at someone like Liverpool or Man Utd? He may well do even better, he certainly has the ability and desire but it doesn't always work like that. His confidence is so high right now that he'll feel invicible and you're right, this is his golden chance to get a move to one of the best clubs in England/Europe. It's why it's a massive decision for him and he'll take as much time as he can to consider this which probably suits all parties to be made in the summer. The one thing that might throw a spanner in the works for this is if people high up in the game get in his ear about the Euros in the summer, if he's repeatedly advised that he'll put his place at risk by staying at Leicester rather than testing himself at a bigger club then it could make things nasty in January.

Mahrez I believe will command such a high fee that it'll be drawn out past January and we'll keep him until the summer at least.

It might be a case of "be careful what you wish for" for Vardy.

As you say the whole team is geared around Vardy scoring goals and this will be a luxury he won't be afforded if he moves to a big club.

I can see Leicester buying him a strike partner to support him even more in getting more chances and if he gets 25 goals this campaign I've no doubt Leicester will want to extend his contract to 2019 or 2020 and maybe £100k a week to set him up for life. There are only a dozen or so clubs in the world that are a significant step up in today's climate.